IGNORED

Rattle Berlin Beethoven Symphonies-Vinyl

Anyone have a needle drop of this vinyl only boxed set (not the digital versions from the same performance)?

I'd love to hear some of it.

For those that don't know, the vinyl is a two Mike recording, the digital is a regular multi mic recording.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

20 hours ago, firedog said:

For those that don't know, the vinyl is a two Mike recording, the digital is a regular multi mic recording.

Thanks, I did not know that.

It would make an interesting comparison, if both were available digitally.

The vinyl set contains a download code for a 24/192 download. It is most likely the multi-miked recording, but it this could be checked.

Claude

3 minutes ago, CatManDo said:

Thanks, I did not know that.

It would make an interesting comparison, if both were available digitally.

The vinyl set contains a download code for a 24/192 download. It is most likely the multi-miked recording, but it this could be checked.

Turns out its a two mic one point recording.  The download is the regular 192. They made the one point  exclusively for the vinyl, with no digital version released, AFAIK, Smart marketing for that box set. That’s why I wanted to know if  anyone needle dropped it.

https://www.Berliner-philharmoniker-recordings.com/rattle-beethoven-symphonies.html

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)