IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

49 minutes ago, flkin said:

Since the file is in RAM, try unplugging the lan cable when playing both Qobuz and NAS and see if you still hear the difference. 

Or disable network connection for a chosen amount of time from within expert settings. (note: Euphony will become unresponsive for that amount of time).

image_2021-03-31_094208.png

1 hour ago, flkin said:

Since the file is in RAM, try unplugging the lan cable when playing both Qobuz and NAS and see if you still hear the difference. 

I guess I know what you're getting at. 😉 There have been many reports that network traffic is interfering with audio output. I think so too, but I have solved it differently (among other things by different core assignment for Ethernet).

In connection with our test, however, this don't matter, as both streamed and hard drive came from the NAS (HFX RipNAS Solid). This two PC solution is wanted because the data octopus Roon must be isolated from the audio PC endpoint.

A picture should clarify the Ethernet route.

fetch?id=596745&d=1617174428

39 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

I guess I know what you're getting at. 😉 There have been many reports that network traffic is interfering with audio output.

This could be interesting for you:

page 84 on this thread:   On 3/15/2021 at 2:32 PM, Johnseye said:

It isn't about the data.  It's not the song cached in RAM.  It's the noise generated by the NIC during playback.  Unless you can validate the NIC is not utilized at all, which is what bringing it down does.  If the NIC is utilized for anything during listening it can generate noise.

14 minutes ago, di-fi said:

It's the noise generated by the NIC during playback.

Many Thanks. This thesis is known to me and the noise exists.

This can be restricted with measures:

53 minutes ago, StreamFidelity said:

but I have solved it differently (among other things by different core assignment for Ethernet).

and switch off network card adapters that are not used, use high-quality NICs such as those from Solarflare, etc. I have very good experiences with this.

1 hour ago, NanoSword said:

-s eth0 speed 100 duplex full autoneg off

same command in the dialog .

Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 3.01.16 AM.png

This used to work for me but since a few months ago when I reduce to 100 Mbps Euphony Stylus (ram root) becomes too slow and randomly unresponsive. Building thumbnails and buffering takes forever. So I have to leave at 1000 Mbps and unfortunately skip the benefit of less noise.
I’m playing local files from a NAS (up to 700-800 Mb size per album max.) and my setup is very low power compared to most users here, so YMMV.

14 hours ago, di-fi said:

This used to work for me but since a few months ago when I reduce to 100 Mbps Euphony Stylus (ram root) becomes too slow and randomly unresponsive. Building thumbnails and buffering takes forever. So I have to leave at 1000 Mbps and unfortunately skip the benefit of less noise.
I’m playing local files from a NAS (up to 700-800 Mb size per album max.) and my setup is very low power compared to most users here, so YMMV.

The latest version does appear to have issues, slower, unresponsive at times to button clicks and gives a sqllite error if you click buffer when Stylus is already buffering. I may go

back to prior version again.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

On 1/4/2021 at 1:04 AM, Chopin75 said:

Also now for some reason the pops come back on DSD mode using stylus. It used to come only with changing from DSD to PCM (or vice versa) but now it happens even when changing track as one track finishes to the next on same album. ? some bugs 

Getting this today using an Iris DDC at beginning of track using Stylus DSD to PCM conversion. Its not happening when I used embedded HQPlayer DSD to PCM

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

6 hours ago, davide256 said:

The latest version does appear to have issues, slower, unresponsive at times to button clicks and gives a sqllite error if you click buffer when Stylus is already buffering. I may go

back to prior version again.

Sorry I should have added I am running 20210108. I am having slow response only when I click track number 1 of an album, usually this should buffer the whole album. Sometimes I have to press many, many times to no avail.  Clicking  track 2 will load the whole album. BTW this happens both in 20210108 and 20210217. I have “buffer before play” and “buffer album” activated.

2 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Hi

Does anyone have this image? If so can I have a copy? Euphony could only offer the latest or 20201102. Looking for 20210108

I don’t want the latest but do want the feature to turn off network 

Hi, I do have version 20210108 on SSD and USB stick, I am more than happy to share, if that partially helps “pay back” all everyone shared here to my great advantage. But no clue how to make a copy. No Linux knowledge:-( . I use win 10 to access my network. Please PM me. Cheers, Paul

8 hours ago, di-fi said:

Hi, I do have version 20210108 on SSD and USB stick, I am more than happy to share, if that partially helps “pay back” all everyone shared here to my great advantage. But no clue how to make a copy. No Linux knowledge:-( . I use win 10 to access my network. Please PM me. Cheers, Paul

If you have a Dropbox or Google Drive account, you can upload it to there and share the file. I would like that version, for sound quality reasons

14 hours ago, di-fi said:

Wow the v. 108 is really in demand. Like I said, I am more than happy to share, but no clue how to get to the file with Windows 10 and make a copy. Windows does not seem to recognize Linux disk. Some of you here managed to do this so please help us to make a copy. Thanks

Quick question: is it possible to use Euphony Stylus for a DAC connected via Ethernet? Or is Stylus only for USB DACs? Running Roon Core via Euphony has no problems in connecting to my DAC via Ethernet, but Stylus doesn't detect it.

The DAC, btw, is a Devialet that is connected to the same network as Euphony.

19 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Hi

Does anyone have this image? If so can I have a copy? Euphony could only offer the latest or 20201102. Looking for 20210108

I don’t want the latest but do want the feature to turn off network 

I had this image but then had to re-image my laptop so all I can do now is rollback to this version. Would have to mail you a copy of the rolled back OS on a flash drive. 😁

Should I rollback??

3 minutes ago, Exocer said:

I had this image but then had to re-image my laptop so all I can do now is rollback to this version. Would have to mail you a copy of the rolled back OS on a flash drive. 😁

Should I rollback??

I really appreciate the offer I do, but loads of hassle for you. Everything sounds fine the now just network disable feature I need. I’m sure Zeijko is working on what caused the SQ issue in new release anytime soon! Well I hope otherwise we’re stuck forever!! Fingers crossed 

Cheers

On 3/11/2021 at 5:23 PM, dc-audiogeek said:

I held out for a while, but today I reverted back to Stylus version 20210108 and am surprised at the improvement. The sound is warmer and less "digital," as others have observed. 

Earlier this week, I upgraded my headphone system Summus server "back" to version 20212017v3 of Euphony Stylus. I got tired of seeing the pop-ups (after every reboot) notifying me that there was a newer version available. I've made some power-related tweaks to my headphone system since my 3/11 post that have smoothed the overall sound a bit, so I haven't noticed the "digital" quality of Stylus 20212017v3 returning to my system.

My living room/home theater Euphony PTS server is still on version 20210108. I'm not going to mess with that one until the next Stylus version update.