IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

It seems the issue is all on HQPlayerd (Embedded) side as there are other issues with upnp gapless.

Unfortunately, Jussi doesn't see gapless with upnp as a major problem ....

If it were purely an issue with HQPe we would also see it with Roon + HQPe but that's not the case.

As far as the gapless specific issue is concerned, this isn't a problem for standard albums, but for recorded concerts where the entire show should be seamless gaps are a big issue.  It destroys the continuity of the listening experience.

1 minute ago, stefano_mbp said:

It is an upnp related issue and Roon don’t use upnp

I wasn't using upnp before but Željko enabled it to get the queue flowing automatically.  Ideally upnp isn't necessary in the first place and files don't need to be converted to WAVs for playback.

Also to note that the queue stopped automatically playing songs again last night so I don't think my issue is resolved.  Not to mention that all tracks are now being viewed and reported as 24bit instead of them all being reported as 16bit.  I don't know how this impacts HQPe's processing of those songs and whether it impacts SQ or not.  It's concerning regardless.

8 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

It seems the issue is all on HQPlayerd (Embedded) side as there are other issues with upnp gapless.

Unfortunately, Jussi doesn't see gapless with upnp as a major problem ....

As far as I know, Stylus - HQPlayer interaction is not related to UPnP in any shape or form.

You can queue as many items as you want in HQPlayer's playback queue and HQPlayer transitions to the next ones automatically.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

My understanding is that Željko is talking with Jussi.  Hopefully the issue regarding a silence gap between tracks gets resolved soon.

Željko has again resolved the issue I was having with songs in the queue not automatically playing.  I am back to not using upnp.

He has also resolved the issue I was having with the track bit depth not being correctly recognized by HQPe.

I am very happy about those issues being resolved and am hopeful of a gapless playback solution.

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

As much as I like Euphony, the fact that it has this issue playing gapless is my one problem, and it has to be a Euphony issue because HQP doesn't do this on its own. For the price of Euphony, it should be solved immediately as well.

To be fair, Stylus has no issues playing gapless on its own.  Asking each software vendor to keep up with other software packages is asking a lot.  Every time there is change to HQPlayer Željko has to make sure it still works with his software.  I am sure he will get there but it is a burden.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

3 hours ago, dminches said:

To be fair, Stylus has no issues playing gapless on its own.  Asking each software vendor to keep up with other software packages is asking a lot.  Every time there is change to HQPlayer Željko has to make sure it still works with his software.  I am sure he will get there but it is a burden.

Basically Euphony is like JRiver was like originally.. designed to play to physically connected devices. Solutions like Roon don't have this

issue because they were built for network play (latency).  Proper flow control logic is universal, so whatever is discovered with HQPlayer

should be applicable to whats missing/weak with UPNP. Whats baffling me is why some Qobuz songs in Stylus are 1 second shorter

in song length as buffered using UPNP at an  Oppo 103, causing premature song termination. An example would be the sound track to

Star Trek - Nemesis,  happens on tracks of around 2 minutes.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, maxst67 said:

Sorry, do you know if Zeljko is working on trying to bring the sound of Stylus similar to old versions?

You are assuming he doesn’t think that the new version sounds the same or better unless he has commented on this. 

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Hi, anyone who tried 2 box solution for stylus server + endpoint, and how it compare to 1 box, in term of SQ?

My current server is a fanless NUC8i7 which is nearly identical to the Summus server, and I'm thinking of another NUC8i3 for the endpoint, if the sound improvement's worth it.