IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

10 hours ago, biosailor said:

Same here, Stylus works now perfectly well with RopieeeXL on a Raspberry Pi 4.

Great work, Euphony Team!

Not knowing ropieee I did not understand well if to use it with Euphony on rpi4 as EP I must necessarily use Roon or do it through Stilus ... Thanks

1 hour ago, maxst67 said:

Not knowing ropieee I did not understand well if to use it with Euphony on rpi4 as EP I must necessarily use Roon or do it through Stilus ... Thanks

RopieeeXL did work when you ran Roon via Euphony as Roon takes over control. Roon connects perfectly well with Ropieee(XL).

But till very recently, Stylus did not work with RopieeeXL. By ticking the box: detect UPnP devices, Stylus did detect RopieeeXL, but couldn’t play through it. Zeljco resolved the issue now and you can use Stylus to stream to a Raspberry Pi running RopieeeXL.

That‘s great news! Well done Euphony Team!

13 hours ago, biosailor said:

RopieeeXL did work when you ran Roon via Euphony as Roon takes over control. Roon connects perfectly well with Ropieee(XL).

But till very recently, Stylus did not work with RopieeeXL. By ticking the box: detect UPnP devices, Stylus did detect RopieeeXL, but couldn’t play through it. Zeljco resolved the issue now and you can use Stylus to stream to a Raspberry Pi running RopieeeXL.

That‘s great news! Well done Euphony Team!

I tried to install ropieee and run rpi4 as EP with Stylus and everything works (Stylus sees RopieeeXL) except for the fact that I connect the rpi4 in i2s mode stylus does not play ... how should I set the output of the dac in ropieeeXL, I tried to insert rpi i2s in the HAT box but there is no sound ..... any advice in the configuration? Thank you

15 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

I tried to install ropieee and run rpi4 as EP with Stylus and everything works (Stylus sees RopieeeXL) except for the fact that I connect the rpi4 in i2s mode stylus does not play ... how should I set the output of the dac in ropieeeXL, I tried to insert rpi i2s in the HAT box but there is no sound ..... any advice in the configuration? Thank you

As far as I know, RopieeeXL is only USB out.

1 hour ago, Joerg D said:

Hello
Is someone using ramroot with 4 GB ram. How are the experiences?

Jörg

works without any problems but I only steam via Tidal, I beleave only two songs into ram.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

7 hours ago, Joerg D said:

When I try to set Ramroot there is an error message.
How do you adjust it?
Does it sound better with 4 GB?

Jörg

what’s the massage? How many songs are you putting in your playlist?

Are streaming Tidal?

Initially I thought it did because it draws less current but now my power supply is good enough it has changed, maybe just speculating.  I just recently switched to 8GB Apacer ram and that is much better. 

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

37 minutes ago, RickyV said:

what’s the massage? How many songs are you putting in your playlist?

Are streaming Tidal?

Initially I thought it did because it draws less current but now my power supply is good enough it has changed, maybe just speculating.  I just recently switched to 8GB Apacer ram and that is much better. 

That is the error message. Željko then activated it for me. I don't know how he did it. The setting is gone after every update. I use Tidal, Qobuz and my music from the NAS. I didn't set the number of songs in the playlist.

Jörg

Screenshot-Ramroot .jpg

3 hours ago, Joerg D said:

That is the error message. Željko then activated it for me. I don't know how he did it. The setting is gone after every update. I use Tidal, Qobuz and my music from the NAS. I didn't set the number of songs in the playlist.

Jörg

Ramroot with 4GB RAM only uses 39% of the RAM, so plenty of space for a handful of redbook FLAC albums to also be buffered to play queue. I don't know what you mean by "set the number of songs in the playlist", but there is no need to enter anything into the "Buffering RAM (GB)" field. Let Stylus sort it out automatically, so it will allow you to keep adding tracks to the play queue, but it will stop buffering them (if you've chosen the buffer option) as RAM nears it's limit.

I did get that error message a long time ago, which caused Željko to adjust the RAM-limit check to cater for 4GB, but I've not had that error for several Euphony/Stylus updates now.

I think your issue may be that you are trying to Enable ramroot when there are items in the playlist, so Stylus has less free RAM available to it at the point of checking the limit. Try clearing the playlist, then enable ramroot. Once ramroot is enabled, you can then add as many tracks as you like to the playlist, as above.

Regarding 4GB vs 8GB SQ, the more important question is whether your are using a better sounding RAM. And the better sounding Apacer RAM is currently not readily available in 4GB, as per the recent posts in the last page or two of this thread.

35 minutes ago, TheAttorney said:

Ramroot with 4GB RAM only uses 39% of the RAM, so plenty of space for a handful of redbook FLAC albums to also be buffered to play queue. I don't know what you mean by "set the number of songs in the playlist", but there is no need to enter anything into the "Buffering RAM (GB)" field. Let Stylus sort it out automatically, so it will allow you to keep adding tracks to the play queue, but it will stop buffering them (if you've chosen the buffer option) as RAM nears it's limit.

I did get that error message a long time ago, which caused Željko to adjust the RAM-limit check to cater for 4GB, but I've not had that error for several Euphony/Stylus updates now.

I think your issue may be that you are trying to Enable ramroot when there are items in the playlist, so Stylus has less free RAM available to it at the point of checking the limit. Try clearing the playlist, then enable ramroot. Once ramroot is enabled, you can then add as many tracks as you like to the playlist, as above.

Regarding 4GB vs 8GB SQ, the more important question is whether your are using a better sounding RAM. And the better sounding Apacer RAM is currently not readily available in 4GB, as per the recent posts in the last page or two of this thread.

Thanks for the help.
I deleted the queue, but I still get the error message. I did a reboot. But the error message always comes up. I also disabled "buffer before playing".

Jörg

2 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@maxst67 @biosailor it can output to a SPDiF hat too

The update with which Euphony will work as expected with upnp endpoint is not yet publicly available, that’s why it doesn’t work for now

Thanks Stefano for the info ... so if I have not misunderstood you have to wait for the new update of Euphony to be able to use ropieee xl as an end point on rpi4 connected in i2s?

On 2/4/2021 at 8:09 AM, Joerg D said:

Jörg

Hi Jörg,

Did you check the Memory utilization percentage (Temp/CPU) before trying to enable ramroot?

Playing around now with UPNP streaming to the Oppo 103 from Stylus. I've moved the Stylus server to a GigE port on the EtherRegen and connected

the Oppo to the "moated" FE port, using coax over AQ Eagle eye to a Mojo. Dynamics, transients, and tone color are good but I'm having an issue with

songs terminating in the middle, abruptly switching to next song, encountered same last night using wifi with Stylus on the FE port of the Regen.

Really like what I'm hearing, no digital nasties with the Oppo coax out but not the same detail resolution of going USB from server to DAC,

much better sound then when I used UPNP in the past

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

21 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Playing around now with UPNP streaming to the Oppo 103 from Stylus. I've moved the Stylus server to a GigE port on the EtherRegen and connected

the Oppo to the "moated" FE port, using coax over AQ Eagle eye to a Mojo. Dynamics, transients, and tone color are good but I'm having an issue with

songs terminating in the middle, abruptly switching to next song, encountered same last night using wifi with Stylus on the FE port of the Regen.

Really like what I'm hearing, no digital nasties with the Oppo coax out but not the same detail resolution of going USB from server to DAC,

much better sound then when I used UPNP in the past

I had exactly the same issue, sometimes, a track would jump abruptly to the next, sometimes I could not start the track because Stylus was unresponsive. I had to wait a while and it would resume again.

This was on a MacBook Air > Ethernet > Raspi 4 running RopieeeXL > USB > Devialet. I took my MacBook from my office and re-installed it next to my stereo rack in the living room so that it is connected straight via USB to the Devialet. Works like charm now.

It looks like there are some pending issues with UPnP.

I don‘t hear much of a difference between RopieeeXL > USB and MacBook Air USB, somehow I prefer the latter. But no hard proofs to rely on!