IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

4 minutes ago, biosailor said:

I‘m sorry, my mistake! I have a Raspi 4 running RopieeeXL. THERE‘s this option in Stylus to tick that searches for UPnP devices on your LAN. When ticked, it does recognize RopieeeXL as it shows it’s logo on the lower right corner. But from whatever reason, Stylus does not stream to RopieeeXL. I opened a ticket at Euphony’s and they looked at the issue, but were unable to solve it. Perhaps they should talk to the Ropiee people to fix the issue.

When, however, running Roon via Euphony, Roon streams perfectly well to Ropieee(XL). You just manage this in Roon‘s audio settings.

Thanks for the reply .... It would be nice if Euphony extended the use also for rpi, it would open a world .... personally i would connect rpi4 via i2s to my dac ..... which i did before with Daphile with a good sound improvement .... I think it would be an option that many of us would enjoy ..

13 minutes ago, maxst67 said:

Thanks for the reply .... It would be nice if Euphony extended the use also for rpi, it would open a world .... personally i would connect rpi4 via i2s to my dac ..... which i did before with Daphile with a good sound improvement .... I think it would be an option that many of us would enjoy ..

Quite so! But it's in the hands of the Euphony people to get this going.

I'd like to do i2s, but my Devialet has no input for this 😬!

Daphile is amazingly good, extremely stable and simple.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:01 PM, BCRich said:

Hi,

Would someone be willing to help me with CPU Isolation? I have a i9900K CPU and am looking to isolate Stylus, HQPe, and gstp. I understand every system is different. Some have shared their settings but they all seem to be 8 Core CPU’s. Not sure how to balance things with the 16 Cores available.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

0-3 stylus 4-5 gstp 6-15

12 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

0-3 stylus 4-5 gstp 6-15

I am using the same settings except gstp is 6-11 since I only have 12 cores.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

2 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Now we know Zeljko is working on Euphony version 4, which will have new kernel. Do we still have beta testers here? I recall @austinpop & Nenon I think, but they both have moved on. 

I had asked him about using the i9 9900k with Euphony and his reply was that the newer processors are not natively supported but would be with Version 4. This was back in either November or December last year.

I asked when it would be released and he said it would be anywhere from 6-9 months.

I offered to Beta Test...😋

34 minutes ago, BCRich said:

I had asked him about using the i9 9900k with Euphony and his reply was that the newer processors are not natively supported but would be with Version 4. This was back in either November or December last year.

I asked when it would be released and he said it would be anywhere from 6-9 months.

I offered to Beta Test...😋

??? I’m using i9 9900k with Euphony currently! 

8 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

??? I’m using i9 9900k with Euphony currently! 

So am I, I got the same response from Arthur Power as well when I told him what I was working on as far as my build was concerned. I’m listening right now....

I don’t think it was a question as to wether it would work, I indicated there were many of us doing so already.

15 hours ago, BCRich said:

Thanks.

I ended up trying this yesterday, seems to work fine.

0-1 stylus 2-3 gstp 4-7 hqplayerd 8-15

Are you aware it's not advised to use core isolation while using HQPlayer? HQPlayer now uses it's own core isolation behind the scenes. So you are effectively using core isolation twice. Worth trying without for a week or so then revert back to see if you hear changes. I felt on my i9 that there was more freedom with core isolation disabled. 

59 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

Are you aware it's not advised to use core isolation while using HQPlayer? HQPlayer now uses it's own core isolation behind the scenes. So you are effectively using core isolation twice. Worth trying without for a week or so then revert back to see if you hear changes. I felt on my i9 that there was more freedom with core isolation disabled. 

Now that you mention it I vaguely recall reading that. I will change the settings right now.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: I changed things to how you had isolation set: 0-3 stylus 4-5 gstp 6-15

When I hit apply it placed hqplayerd in the 0-3 group, I also noticed that gstp does not appear in the list at all. I am using Roon on my Summus Server playing to HQPlayer Embedded on my HDPlex build right now not using Stylus so that could be why. Effectively it is still placing hqplayerd in a specific group. Should I be setting isolation to default? When I first looked at it; before any strings applied it showed everything at 0-15.

1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Now that you mention it I vaguely recall reading that. I will change the settings right now.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Edit: I changed things to how you had isolation set: 0-3 stylus 4-5 gstp 6-15

When I hit apply it placed hqplayerd in the 0-3 group, I also noticed that gstp does not appear in the list at all. I am using Roon on my Summus Server playing to HQPlayer Embedded on my HDPlex build right now not using Stylus so that could be why. Effectively it is still placing hqplayerd in a specific group. Should I be setting isolation to default? When I first looked at it; before any strings applied it showed everything at 0-15.

Just delete everything in the core isolation box and press apply. If that doesn't work try 0-15 then apply. 

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

Yes. Euphony settings enable share library. Go to pc & map a drive. Then you can add/delete whenever you like. 

Eg 

\\192.168.1.20\

if asks for username & password it’s 

audiouser

euphony

Thanks and for the answer, ok I will try as soon as possible

Hello,
my streamer has only  4 GB of ram. 8 GB is recommended for Ramroot. Euphony Support has discontinued Ramroot. I didn't like the sound that much. Very detailed but a bit thin and less bass.
Has anyone else tried Ramroot with 4 GB of Ram too?
Can someone explain the expert attitude?

Thank you
Jörg