Jump to content

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread


Recommended Posts

Hi guys,

I have some troubles while installing Euphony from USB pen drive for the first time. Previously I had Euphony installed on my PC Win 10 a couple times, but now it have some problems with Kernel Modules (see picture attached). I’ve been reinstalled Euphony downloader on a different USB sticks, but I think problem was arose from BIOS update on my PC. 
As I’ve found some solution to solve such problem on Ubuntu - they’re I insists that it could be file’s read/wright option closed as well. So, it should be canceled wright protection. That’s good manual for Ubuntu, but can somebody to advice me how can I do it on Win 10?

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2326216

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2318779&p=13466943#post13466943

 

16C689C8-2A99-4D2A-BF16-A1E7ED56CC49.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, VladST said:

Hi guys,

I have some troubles while installing Euphony from USB pen drive for the first time. Previously I had Euphony installed on my PC Win 10 a couple times, but now it have some problems with Kernel Modules (see picture attached). I’ve been reinstalled Euphony downloader on a different USB sticks, but I think problem was arose from BIOS update on my PC. 
As I’ve found some solution to solve such problem on Ubuntu - they’re I insists that it could be file’s read/wright option closed as well. So, it should be canceled wright protection. That’s good manual for Ubuntu, but can somebody to advice me how can I do it on Win 10?

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2326216

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2318779&p=13466943#post13466943

 

16C689C8-2A99-4D2A-BF16-A1E7ED56CC49.jpeg

If I recall this error has always came up on mine. I asked Euphony and they said it's normal. Do you actually have a problem after this screen? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This problem comes at the beginning of Euphony installation from USB stick, so no action possible to do after it. Installation goes to cancel and nothing happens after this action (screen moves off and all is blank)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I posted this in the wrong thread by error. I think better posted here, anyway...

 

I would appreciate peoples thoughts on the two setup options?

 

Option 1 - Edge Router > Ethernet > Sonore OM > Fiber - EtheRegen > (NUC acting as NAS running Euphony Share, A-side of EtherRegen) > Ethernet > Server

                                                                        

Or

 

Option 2 - Edge Router > NUC acting as NAS running Euphony Share on router Eth port) > Ethernet > Sonore OM > Fiber > EtheRegen > Ethernet > Server

 

Note NUC & Server both powered by SJ LPS, Option 2 effectively isolating the NUC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly speaking, I don’t understand the key idea of using optical isolation equipment joined at the hip with LAN isolation equipment in one system.

Anyway, Option 1 will fail all work for signal isolating done by optic and etheregen, as after NUC you‘ll get all negatives in a signal from computer’s power supply, bad connectors, etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2020 at 3:22 PM, ASRMichael said:

Hi guys, I posted this in the wrong thread by error. I think better posted here, anyway...

 

I would appreciate peoples thoughts on the two setup options?

 

Option 1 - Edge Router > Ethernet > Sonore OM > Fiber - EtheRegen > (NUC acting as NAS running Euphony Share, A-side of EtherRegen) > Ethernet > Server

                                                                        

Or

 

Option 2 - Edge Router > NUC acting as NAS running Euphony Share on router Eth port) > Ethernet > Sonore OM > Fiber > EtheRegen > Ethernet > Server

 

Note NUC & Server both powered by SJ LPS, Option 2 effectively isolating the NUC.

I get your question. Should you plug your NAS into your Edge router or should you plug it into your EtherRegen. 
I think it is a very good question.

Is it better to isolate your NAS before your FO by installing it on the edge router or after the FO by installing it on the EtherRegen. 
1. Does having the NAS on the edge router reduce traffic to the Audio system

2. Does not having the NAS on the EtherRegen help the sound. 
 

there are two threads on AS where this would be better placed. EtherRegen and networking 

Link to post
Share on other sites

But NUC will have it’s own problem with bad isolation and power supply, which will have impact to the signal.

EtheRegen’s purpose: to clean it up, as well as optical isolation. So, it better to have cleaned signal before the end point (server).

NUC could have internet by second usb lan network card, and the main Ethernet output - by the current NUC’s network card. By Bridge connection

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can recommend to use additional USB network card for Internet in case to have direct output of Ethernet from the main NUC’s lan output to audio - it makes a good sound impact as per my experience. You will have direct output Ethernet signal without any additional impact from edge router, then - to clean it up by optical isolation and etheregen, which means you’ll have a pure signal before the server (rendu in my case)

E0518FD7-C8FF-4E19-B8F7-BFE2038D3DC7.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I’d better recommend you to solve money for the Tesla Home Battery for the end point/server and Etheregen as well in addition to good LPS - it’ll be more clear power supply. The key idea: to have much clear end point as it can be organized

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, VladST said:

Also, I’d better recommend you to solve money for the Tesla Home Battery for the end point/server and Etheregen as well in addition to good LPS - it’ll be more clear power supply. The key idea: to have much clear end point as it can be organized

Both are powered by Sean Jacobs DC3’s. I’ve got 11 rails in total. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 9:19 PM, FelipeRolim said:

The big thing is that in my experiments over the years I've never been able to make the network connection between two computers outperform one computer alone while relying on a router or switch to do the IP and network management work. That is, neither bridge connection, router, nor switch played better than a single computer. What the bridge connection does is simplify the path and allow only one cable, but still has absolute dependency on the router for network management. So these "standard" Linux provided to us don't work as well. But, once I learned how to set it up correctly, without the computers relying on the router's DHCP anyway, then both Windows computers started playing substantially better than anything I experienced. I think one of the secrets is on the network, but only one of them, and there's much more behind it, such as the manufacturer-specific Windows drivers.

 

Sorry for hijacking this thread.

 

Hi Felipe, Care to share your network (windows) configs for dual PC please? You may drop me PM in order not to further hijack this thread. Thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 10:21 PM, VladST said:

Also, I’d better recommend you to solve money for the Tesla Home Battery for the end point/server and Etheregen as well in addition to good LPS - it’ll be more clear power supply. The key idea: to have much clear end point as it can be organized

 

Would you give all your priceless well thought recommendations in one post?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, flkin said:

Does anyone know what changes are in the latest version 20200519 just out?
 

Change log forgot to mention

I just clicked update Euphony, it says no update available. Strange?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

I just clicked update Euphony, it says no update available. Strange?

 

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

 

Same here. I'm on 0430.

 

Maybe @flkin is seeing a DEV release?

 

+1

No update for me as well from 0430.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ramroot users

 

Has anyone compared SQ difference between running Ramroot with & with Copy App Config to RAM? 
 

I appreciate you lose some artwork cache info, just really interested in what people think? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, austinpop said:

 

Same here. I'm on 0430.

 

Maybe @flkin is seeing a DEV release?


No, I’m just the standard version. The usual update message popped up and proceeded as expected. At the end this showed :
 

FF8C6165-B949-4927-8371-0EC6FF5252BD.thumb.jpeg.ed8969172b7534ecb99a65bae4928c2f.jpeg

 

The release link doesn’t show anything new, thus my original question. 
 

Can’t say if I hear any differences, I’m in between a few hardware changes and can’t isolate just the sound of the Euphony software update. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 5:56 PM, ArthurPower said:

I think Euphony is about 80% of the SQ improvement. We have never recommended that anyone use Euphony on a two computer based playback system, but some customers just like the idea and implemented it that way in their setup. When you're streaming over a network there are a lot more variables to consider. From cabling, the router, the power supply for the router, and the computer that is streaming the audio. So the OS on the streaming server can make a difference, but I think you need to consider all the pro's and con's of having a two computer based playback system. Any Linux distro on the server is going to be better then windows. :)

Then Windows ?

Tarq

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2020 at 12:11 PM, AnotherSpin said:

 

Would you give all your priceless well thought recommendations in one post?

CD players never looked so good ! Unless you subscribe to a monthly CD shipment and use a demagnetizer, spray, special cloth, and tuning crystals.

Things can get really complicated, really quick !

Tarq

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2020 at 9:33 PM, Lukasluis said:

Same observation here.

I've heard the opposite from a few others... local SSD files sound cleaner than NAS file playback. Any idea of what's going on there ? Could it be proximity to internal computer noise ? 

There are still a few people who like HDDs over SSDs. They seem to be a minority, but they are hearing something.

Tarq

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tarquineous said:

Then Windows ?

I'm finding the opposite at the moment. Switched from Euphony to Windows for a month now using the same NUC 8i7 hardware. I find that Windows have more harmonic content which makes the music more real and palpable. PRAT is better too. Euphony has fatter and maybe cleaner sound but i think something is missing in the music. My wife and musician sons agree with me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...