IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Can anyone help me understand how Euphony Stylus continues playing for several minutes  when streaming even if I disconnect the ethernet cable.

On  16/44 album, it even loads the next song. I didn't leave it disconnected for more than a few minutes but was surprised it continues playing.

When loading a new track, there is a short burst of network activity but I have no idea how much it is actually pulling from Tidal.

I guess it must store the file or part of it somewhere on the server even if not in RAM.

Just wondering🤨

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

Another question about Euphony Stylus when streaming Tidal.

When streaming 16/44 files, I noticed the Instant Bit Rate varies anywhere between 100Kbps to 900Kpbs.

Why is that different to the Instant Bit Rate of 1411Kbps when playing 16/44 local files and does it make any difference to sound quality?

I just wondered if there is something wrong with my network causing a limitation that I might need to improve.

I have 100Mbps Modem/Router and switch.

Cheers,

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

Guys, I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question...

I decided to play with Euphony tonight after hearing so many good things about it. I downloaded the image, downloaded Etcher, made the bootable disk image, rebooted the machine... Everything seemed to be going well until it stopped at a screen that said, nothing else needs to be done on this screen, and underneath that was a prompt for a login.

I tried this on a 2011 Mac mini 

No electron left behind.

22 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Guys, I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question...

I decided to play with Euphony tonight after hearing so many good things about it. I downloaded the image, downloaded Etcher, made the bootable disk image, rebooted the machine... Everything seemed to be going well until it stopped at a screen that said, nothing else needs to be done on this screen, and underneath that was a prompt for a login.

I tried this on a 2011 Mac mini 

Yes, there is nothing to be done on the console. If the Mac mini is connected to the network, you can open a web browser from another PC or laptop and type http://euphony.local to get into the web gui.

20 minutes ago, Dev said:

Yes, there is nothing to be done on the console. If the Mac mini is connected to the network, you can open a web browser from another PC or laptop and type http://euphony.local to get into the web gui.

Yes, I know.  The picture below is the screen I was at... The problem appears to be the machine, when booted from the Euphony USB has problems remaining connected to the network even though it is hardwired. I rebooted it all and it was then able to be discovered on the local network...  Signing into Roon though continued to give network errors...

I booted it back into Mac OS and Roon Server and HQPlayer are working fine, which is what I want all along.

IMG_4714 2.jpeg

No electron left behind.

12 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yes, I know.  The picture below is the screen I was at... The problem appears to be the machine, when booted from the Euphony USB has problems remaining connected to the network even though it is hardwired. I rebooted it all and it was then able to be discovered on the local network...  Signing into Roon though continued to give network errors...

I booted it back into Mac OS and Roon Server and HQPlayer are working fine, which is what I want all along.

IMG_4714 2.jpeg

It's been a while since I did this, but I recall on first boot from a USB stick, it can take several minutes for the system to fully configure. In fact, it says on that screenshot to wait 4-6 minutes. I'd give it another shot and let the system be for a spell. When the system is fully configured, you'll also see the IP address of the system displayed in a light blue (cyan?) font above the login prompt. 

After that, it should be fully functional. Subsequent boots won't incur this delay.

Just now, austinpop said:

It's been a while since I did this, but I recall on first boot from a USB stick, it can take several minutes for the system to fully configure. In fact, it says on that screenshot to wait 4-6 minutes. I'd give it another shot and let the system be for a spell. When the system is fully configured, you'll also see the IP address of the system displayed in a light blue (cyan?) font above the login prompt. 

After that, it should be fully functional. Subsequent boots won't incur this delay.

Yep, you're right, another boot did it. But I was never able to get music to output. It kept giving me network errors, HQPlayer errors, and I was unable to sign into Roon Core with the username and password I know was right because I copy and pasted it from 1password, unless I need a NEW password for the Euphony device?

No electron left behind.

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Yep, you're right, another boot did it. But I was never able to get music to output. It kept giving me network errors, HQPlayer errors, and I was unable to sign into Roon Core with the username and password I know was right because I copy and pasted it from 1password, unless I need a NEW password for the Euphony device?

What "audio system" are you starting on the Euhony web UI? I'd start with just Roon core just to get that path working. I'm not an HQPlayer user, so others will have to advise on that. Once you start Roon core, go to the Settings and make sure your DAC is visible, and use the pull down to ensure all the usual settings you use (in my case, for example, DoP, fixed volume) are correct.

As for Roon, not sure why you're having login issues, I've not had any trouble there.

If problems persist, open a support ticket. Željko is very responsive. Keep in mind he's in the Central European timezone, as he's located in Croatia.

9 minutes ago, austinpop said:

What "audio system" are you starting on the Euhony web UI? I'd start with just Roon core just to get that path working. I'm not an HQPlayer user, so others will have to advise on that. Once you start Roon core, go to the Settings and make sure your DAC is visible, and use the pull down to ensure all the usual settings you use (in my case, for example, DoP, fixed volume) are correct.

As for Roon, not sure why you're having login issues, I've not had any trouble there.

If problems persist, open a support ticket. Željko is very responsive. Keep in mind he's in the Central European timezone, as he's located in Croatia.

Thank you for your suggestions. Right now, I am going to try again tomorrow.

No electron left behind.

Good evening all. I have a question, I am listening to Pink Floyd “The Wall” using Stylus + HQPe on my Summus.

I have been completely Buffering Albums before playback and also using Cache settings. Anyone have an idea as to why the tracks are not being played gap less? Tried not using cache, tried not buffering, tried add and play. All scenarios the same, not playing gap less. Just tried it in Roon + HQPe, plays fine....

Spoils things if ya know what I mean. Appreciate the feedback.

Mike

11 minutes ago, BCRich said:

Good evening all. I have a question, I am listening to Pink Floyd “The Wall” using Stylus + HQPe on my Summus.

I have been completely Buffering Albums before playback and also using Cache settings. Anyone have an idea as to why the tracks are not being played gap less? Tried not using cache, tried not buffering, tried add and play. All scenarios the same, not playing gap less. Just tried it in Roon + HQPe, plays fine....

Spoils things if ya know what I mean. Appreciate the feedback.

Mike

I know what you mean, especially with with PF albums 😞 I may be wrong but don't think gapless playback is supported in Stylus currently. The gapless playback is different from buffering to cache or RAM. However, it would be good to file a support ticket.

10 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Not at all. Stylus playback is gapless for me. And has been in all the time I’ve used it...

humm...doesn’t work for me..there is always a second or two gap between songs. Is there a setting to turn this on/off ?

3 minutes ago, Dev said:

humm...doesn’t work for me..there is always a second or two gap between songs. Is there a setting to turn this on/off ?

Not sure what to tell you. I use Stylus standalone (single machine), outputting to my USB-connected HMS/DAVE. Are you using Stylus > HQPlayer or something? If so, all bets are off - I don't know about that path.

Also, do you have buffering and caching flags ON?

4 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Not sure what to tell you. I use Stylus standalone (single machine), outputting to my USB-connected HMS/DAVE. Are you using Stylus > HQPlayer or something? If so, all bets are off - I don't know about that path.

Also, do you have buffering and caching flags ON?

yes, Stylus in a single machine with DAC directly connected. I don’t use Hqplayer.

Yes, buffering and caching all turned on. 

Hi guys

I had Euphony trial installed on a USB stick connected to my server. Its the server that I bought from Rick on audiophilestyle which already had audio linux installed but I didnt want audio linux. I also had the HQPlayer server on this server and my renderer is an antipodes EX. I sucessfully changed the boot order on the asus UEFI boot and its booting from the USB now.

Because I liked it, I bought the license for Euphony OS and also the HQ Player. I updated the registration code and the key on the setttings menu. However in the bottom of the page, it still says trial and 29 days left. Why? Do I have the delete the trial version and reinstall everything again?

Also I am not able to boot from the RAM. I still have to have the USB plugged in. I have a ASUS motherboard. What bios settings should I use to make the server boot without the USB? Please help.

I also uploaded the HQ Player license key. However, in the systems settings, it still says HQPlayer trial. Not sure Why?
any thoughts?
7 minutes ago, audiofool1982 said:

Because I liked it, I bought the license for Euphony OS and also the HQ Player. I updated the registration code and the key on the setttings menu. However in the bottom of the page, it still says trial and 29 days left. Why? Do I have the delete the trial version and reinstall everything again?

Also I am not able to boot from the RAM. I still have to have the USB plugged in. I have a ASUS motherboard. What bios settings should I use to make the server boot without the USB? Please help.

Did you make the installation on your hard disk/ssd at all? After updating the registration code Euphony does offer this install option. The hard disk/ssd must be blank. Did you remove the Audiolinux installation before?

https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?article=2

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

@audiofool1982 Hmm.. maybe it is even possible with Audiolinux bootet in RAM. Maybe an Audiolinux user can give you support.

Or with help of a Linux Live USB drive. I use for such things Ubuntu. Then start the programm GParted and remove all the Audiolinux partitions so the Optane drive is blank. Just found there is a GParted Live for USB drives.

Good luck!

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro