IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

2 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

Euphony playing Stylus, in a one box system directly to the DAC Is a special sauce I want to try. 

To do it I’m going to change the way I’ve been playing music for years, which is with HQ player.

Eventhough it will be high powered I’m still thinking about it as an endpoint. 

I think people that continue to use HQplayer might want a two box system. Especially in the future if they think they are going to be able to use the EC modulators to DSD512.  Who knows what the future will bring, but you might not be able to passively cool it.  Regardless, you would not want that much noise/activity in the machine connected to your DAC. 

and you would want that DAC connected machine to play Stylus. 

I did try HQplayer embedded in the Euphony OS, even upsampled to DSD512, no overheating issue. I am not sure If I would get the best sound from single box though.

I am using mac mini with HQPlayer 4 desktop and NUC with Euphony or HQP own endpoint alternatively. And, I clearly prefer Miska's endpoint in this configuration. At first it may seem that Euphony gives more resolving sound, but with longer listening and comparison it becomes clear that HQP endpoint offers less disturbing and more natural, musical sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Rajiv. 

Are there any sound quality improvements with this update?

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

6 hours ago, HeeBroG said:

Thanks Rajiv. 

Are there any sound quality improvements with this update?

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Please clarify if I'm not understanding your question. I wasn't describing a new release. The current release of 20201316 has been out for a month. This release did add a couple of nice performance improvements shown in bold:

- Added option to optimize UI (remove CPU intensive animations on client side)
- In File View, album folders now have cover image
- UPnP convert to WAV option added (before, all online sources were converted)
- Added Expert option to specify RAM size used for buffering (default is half of your total RAM)
- Fixed 'Song not found' problem when using '100% buffering' and 'Use cache' options at the same time 
- Stylus will now pick up volume changes done on UPnP device
- Other fixes to UPnP playback

The issue I described was actually a bug I happened to notice due to an interaction between "buffering" and "caching."

UPDATE: Željko did provide me with a bug fix to try, and so far, it seems to be working great. He's hoping to put out this fix with other planned fixes in a feature update soon.

I love Euphony don’t get me wrong, but I have mentioned this before. Very frustrating each time you set your album cover view the setting is lost when opening closing either browser or app. 

I’m sure this must be a easy fix/update. Please when considering new feature you don’t forget about making exciting features more intuitive. 

As I say Euphony is fantastic

So glad someone else is asking for this change too. It’s caused by keeping the sort and album preferences in browser cookies which gets reset upon exit - probably for security reasons. Hopefully if enough ask for more sticky preferences it will ... stick!

Another irritating issue for me is lack of sort for Tidal favorites. Apparently the Tidal API might not have the option for a sorted display. Roon has a special deal with Tidal and is able to do it as they have a copy of Tidal’s metadata database. With that they can do what they want with the display. 

The way Roon displays both streaming files alongside local files is very nice. This isn’t possible in Euphony but I’ve found an obvious workaround that others may have been using all the while but it only just occurred to me recently. 

When using Euphony, I find myself switching from from local to tidal files and adjusting settings all the time. The current interface works but isn’t fast for me. 

Euphony’s control screens are just browser pages. You don’t have to access them through the Euphony app. You can do the same using Euphony’s IP address in a standard browser. So simply openIng  multiple pages of Euphony in a browser works fine. Then switching from local/Tidal/settings etc is a simple case of a single tap or swipe. 

Not sure if this might cause more overhead in the streamer though  

15 hours ago, austinpop said:

Hi Geoff,

Please clarify if I'm not understanding your question. I wasn't describing a new release. The current release of 20201316 has been out for a month. This release did add a couple of nice performance improvements shown in bold:

Thanks Rajiv.

I must have missed that update as I am on 20200227!

Is there an "update" notifier I'm missing?

I run Ramroot Enabled and Loaded.

Nothing happens when I check for an update via the cogwheel.

It's a pain to come out of Ramroot and reboot each time just to check

Cheers,

Geoff

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

I very skeptically made the switch from running a dual system Roon setup over ethernet to a single system Euphony setup with simple USB out to the DAC. The jump in sound quality was actually stunning. Can't go back.

But like many of you I am missing the Roon interface. I am wanting to play around with integrating the two and am unclear on the setup. From what I can discern, Roon Core is preloaded in Euphony? Does this mean I can just point the Roon client to the Euphony server? How do I set this up?

13 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

To see and instal updates Complete Install or Install should be completed. I also had a problem with updating which was resolved after Z. reminded about routine. So, I disabled ramroot, did Complete Install, updated and enabled ramroot again. Details are here: https://euphony-audio.com/hesk/knowledgebase.php?article=10

I guess my problem is that despite doing a full install, I boot from USB.

I therefore don't see any available updates when in Ramroot.

Easy fix is an alert here when an update is released

Cheers,

G

48 minutes ago, HeeBroG said:

I guess my problem is that despite doing a full install, I boot from USB.

I therefore don't see any available updates when in Ramroot.

Easy fix is an alert here when an update is released

Cheers,

G

The same here, I boot from USB. After "Complete install" updates check works ok even in ramroot. It is seen on picture below: ramroot enabled, update check works.

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 12.37.04.png

Hi All,

I've found another problem after I updated to the latest version 

In Roon, after playing a track, sometimes it can't go on to radio mode, where Roon chooses your potential favourite songs

sometimes, when it stops playing, even if you press on an album, it won't play

things will get back to know if you're in euphony and restart Roon bridge.

but time and again it will revert to this bug.

I'll open a ticket and see how it goes

anyone has the same problem?

Thanks

On 4/18/2020 at 3:33 AM, flkin said:

Euphony’s control screens are just browser pages. You don’t have to access them through the Euphony app. You can do the same using Euphony’s IP address in a standard browser. So simply openIng  multiple pages of Euphony in a browser works fine.

Thank you for this idea. Multiple windows seems to work fine. As you said, it's not clear what impact this has on load/traffic, but I haven't noticed any issues.

Useful, for example, when changing expert settings and seeing the results immediately in the side-by-side temp/CPU window, without having to keep navigating from one to another.

Hi All,

I am new to Tidal and streaming.

When one is streaming, does is the "Buffer to RAM" functional?

Thanks

Geoff

On 4/18/2020 at 9:12 PM, abdodson said:

I very skeptically made the switch from running a dual system Roon setup over ethernet to a single system Euphony setup with simple USB out to the DAC. The jump in sound quality was actually stunning. Can't go back.

But like many of you I am missing the Roon interface. I am wanting to play around with integrating the two and am unclear on the setup. From what I can discern, Roon Core is preloaded in Euphony? Does this mean I can just point the Roon client to the Euphony server? How do I set this up?

To use Roon interface, Roon server has to be running either on a separate machine or on the Euphony server. Like you I find Roons interface better... but

it doesn't sound as good as Stylus server, lacks that midrange rightness and correct transient decay over time

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Hi All,

Does Euphony do the unfolding of MQA Master Quality files automatically?

On my system it somehow only does 24/48.

Is there a setting I need to switch on?

Cheers,

Geoff

1 hour ago, HeeBroG said:

Does Euphony do the unfolding of MQA Master Quality files automatically?

On my system it somehow only does 24/48.

Is there a setting I need to switch on?

Nope. You need Roon to do the first unfold.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro