IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

If there was feature or fix for next update in Euphony. It would be able to set how many covers per page & set them. So when you open browser or app they are in the set position. also same if you set view as artistalbum it stays set when you restart browser or app. Other than that I really love Euphony. 

I noted that the latest version of Euphony Stylus has a small box just to the right of the word "Registered" at the bottom. When I hover my mouse pointer over that small box it states "Disk activity indicator - click to enable/disable". What is its function? I clicked on that small box (? containing the capital letter "D") and I cannot see what effect it has when enabled/disabled. I also do not really know when it is enabled/disabled.

New Sw update 20200131.

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

7 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

This was released days ago. I still get stuck from time to time with Ramroot + buffer Queue. 

oh ok, until yesterday day I was still on 20200114 and wouldn’t update till yesterday.

Under development:

I am on 20200114.

Nothing seems to happen when I click "check for software updates" in the drop down menu.

Is there another way to update?

G

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

Ah...That's why. Many Thanks.

But does your release say 20200124?

The 20200131 doesn't seem to want to "stick" even though update gets completed.

G🙏

PH SR7 > MacMini+Uptone MMK Mod > Audirvana 3.2 > re-clocked D-LInk switch/LPS1.1 > sMS-200Ultra/LPS1.2 > tX-USBUltra/PH SR7 > Chord BluDave > Focal Utopia(Norne Silver) or Voxativ 9.87/ Stereo REL G1 Mk II

20 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Did you come out if ramroot first? 

For the last 2 or 3 updates, I've not come out of ramroot in order to do the update, and I've not noticed any issues in updating this way: I can see new updates when they're available, I can do the updates, and everything still works after any subsequent reboot, all without ever leaving ramroot.

As a precaution, I do a "Save FS to Disc" after each update. I'm not sure if even that is necessary, but it's easy to do, so I may as well do it.

EDIT: It's not necessary to "check for software updates" because an update tab automatically appears in Settings screen when an update is available. If you don't get this then something is wrong, but I don't think it's necessarily to do with ramroot.

On 2/6/2020 at 11:55 PM, Jeff Mann said:

I noted that the latest version of Euphony Stylus has a small box just to the right of the word "Registered" at the bottom. When I hover my mouse pointer over that small box it states "Disk activity indicator - click to enable/disable". What is its function? I clicked on that small box (? containing the capital letter "D") and I cannot see what effect it has when enabled/disabled. I also do not really know when it is enabled/disabled.

I don't find that indicator particularly useful, so I don't use it. 

What I do use, are the more detailed network and disk activity monitors that are activated by clicking the words "Registered" and the build number on either side of that indicator. I find these incredibly useful to observe network and disk activity. I'll admit, it's a bit technical.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:08 PM, bobfa said:

This is interesting.  I have used Volumio on small board computers like the PI I have never tried it on X86.  In my testing on the Allo USBridge Signature I found that Moode and Gentoplayer sounded a lot better.  The UI on Volumio is decent, but on the PI and other SBC devices it seemed hampered by speed.  The Volumio Primo is a neat little streamer!

The MyVoumio subscription service is both interesting and bothersome; but, they have to get paid for their work.

Reading the short notes on the last couple of releases is interesting:

2.699 20-01-2020)
FIXES
Fix crash on start due to MPD reconfiguration
Removed GA and FB tracking

2.698 17-01-2020)
FIXES
Fix disappearing of Hardware Mixer Option
Fix MPD configuration inconsistencies under some circumstances
Fix previous and next when playing webradio

NEW ADDITIONS

Vietnamese translation
Improved french and italian translations
Improved and more informative MyVolumio signup flow

The X86 version is on my future check-it-out list.

Tried GentoPlayer on allo USBridge and can confirm that sound is noticeably better than dietPi

Again? 😅 it’s 20200210.

Under development:

14 hours ago, austinpop said:

What I do use, are the more detailed network and disk activity monitors that are activated by clicking the words "Registered" and the build number on either side of that indicator. I find these incredibly useful to observe network and disk activity. I'll admit, it's a bit technical.

Hi Rajiv,

Can you please explain to a nube like me what;

1. TX/RX and Pkts/Data rate mean?

2. tps means

3. the 2 columns of kb read/wrtn of 

Cheers,

Geoff

Hi, I am interested in trying Euphony/stylus. 

I am currently running AL with HQplayer embedded.  I have Roon on my NAS. I do not have any hard drive/Optane my server/endpoint one box system.

It used to be that Euphony required a hard drive/storage, but I understand now it can be loaded from a thumb drive into RAM. is this correct?

Although, the trial has to be run off a thumb drive. It cannot be loaded into the computer?

I have a Holo Spring DAC, it sounds best in NOS mode. 

Has anyone here been running a system like mine where they were using HQplayer to upsample to a Holo Spring DAC and they find Euphony with Stylus to sound better. With no oversampling?  No HQPe. 

Can I use Euphony with HQPlayer embedded to upsample to Stylus player ?

Have I read that some are using HPQe with no upsampling? 

Thank you 

Will

8 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

I am currently running AL with HQplayer embedded.  I have Roon on my NAS. I do not have any hard drive/Optane my server/endpoint one box system.

It used to be that Euphony required a hard drive/storage, but I understand now it can be loaded from a thumb drive into RAM. is this correct?

Although, the trial has to be run off a thumb drive. It cannot be loaded into the computer?

Has anyone here been running a system like mine where they were using HQplayer to upsample to a Holo Spring DAC and they find Euphony with Stylus to sound better. With no oversampling?  No HQPe. 

Thank you 

Will

You need to do the 30 day trial registration in order to run server apps and install to a HD. I have not found running in RAM improves Euphony but a 32gb  Optane HD

is so much quicker to boot than a USB stick, without the sound nasties of an SSD.  Don't use HQPlayer, someone else will need to chime in on those questions. I have read

that you can use Euphony Stylus in Roon as an HQPlayer endpoint to get around the limitations of Squeezelite not supporting native DSD

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, drjimwillie said:

Thank you 

Will

Until I bought an Optane drive I was using USB drive, running HQ player & Stylus, sometimes Roon, but Stylus sounds better. 

Load trial onto usb stick. Then loads up. Stylus gives you option to complete installation, just choose your usb drive from drop down menu. 

3 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Until I bought an Optane drive I was using USB drive, running HQ player & Stylus, sometimes Roon, but Stylus sounds better. 

Load trial onto usb stick. Then loads up. Stylus gives you option to complete installation, just choose your usb drive from drop down menu. 

Are you saying Stylus by itself sounds better than stylus with HQPlayer?

What DAC do you have?  Does it up sample?

are you playing the Files at their native rate?

I do not know if I can use an Optane drive in my computer and I’m not going to install a SSD or HD.  I do not want to run off a USB drive forever.  For long term I want to be sure that I can load the software into RAM and remove the thumb drive.

I am excitedly looking forward to hearing from others that have a Holo Spring DAC. 

Please enjoy your day

8 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

Are you saying Stylus by itself sounds better than stylus with HQPlayer?

What DAC do you have?  Does it up sample?

are you playing the Files at their native rate?

I do not know if I can use an Optane drive in my computer and I’m not going to install a SSD or HD.  I do not want to run off a USB drive forever.  For long term I want to be sure that I can load the software into RAM and remove the thumb drive.

I am excitedly looking forward to hearing from others that have a Holo Spring DAC. 

Please enjoy your day

Hi, I mean Stylus media player sounds better than Roon. I upsample using HQPlayer 128k DOP to my TAD D1000 Dac. 

16 hours ago, austinpop said:

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 11.20.33 AM.png

In this particular case, I was watching the Rx_Data column for two things:

1. did the data rate match my network infrastructure, and was data flowing at the expected rate?
    • Yes, data was flowing at Gigabit speed as expected.
  2. When buffering of the queue to RAM was complete, did this rate fall to negligible (not zero)?
    • Yes, once buffering is complete, the Rx (and Tx) rates hover around 1-10KB/sec, which is a negligible amount of traffic.

I hope this little tutorial helps. Please forgive me if this was TMI. I figured it might also be of general interest.

Thanks Rajiv,

In my case, I only have a single row; eth0.

For some reason my "hover" rates are in the mid 2000's when seemingly doing nothing. 

I have noticed that every time I switch "desktops' on my laptop to the Safari window running Euphony web browser, Rx_date jumps to 30000's and Tx_data jumps to the 300000's before returning to baseline as above after 1-2 secs.

Is this normal behaviour or something peculiar to my setup. 

I simply have a USB HDD attached to my NUC booting off a USB with no internal SSD.

G

On 2/12/2020 at 4:35 AM, HeeBroG said:

In my case, I only have a single row; eth0.

Makes sense. You must have a single Ethernet interface on the machine. I have 4: 2 on the mobo and 2 on the JCAT Net Card Femto.

For some reason my "hover" rates are in the mid 2000's when seemingly doing nothing. 

I have noticed that every time I switch "desktops' on my laptop to the Safari window running Euphony web browser, Rx_date jumps to 30000's and Tx_data jumps to the 300000's before returning to baseline as above after 1-2 secs.

Is this normal behaviour or something peculiar to my setup. 

Yeah, these are trivial numbers. 2000 bytes a sec is virtually idle. And ignore the first number when you open the view.

I simply have a USB HDD attached to my NUC booting off a USB with no internal SSD.

G

I see no issues here to worry about.

I don't have Tidal/Quboz.

Euphony allows me to sample some music on Youtube.

Playing via Stylus indicates PCM 16/48 quality playback.

Checking Google however states Youtube videos have AAC 126kbps quality.

Is this correct?

Screen Shot 2020-02-15 at 7.08.39 pm.png