IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

21 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

You can choose HQPlayer Embedded under Audio Systems but it requires an NAA. It does not play direct.

Hmm.. no NAA needed here. I just activated my other Euphony NUC and started HQPe there. It does play direct to the DAC. There must be activated "Default output" (instead of NAA) under Output in the HQPlayer settings.

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

bedroom: pi3/DigiOne (RoPieee) --> S.M.S.L M500 --> KRK Rokit 5 or AKG 712 Pro

23 minutes ago, Johnseye said:

If using Roon or Stylus in front, then you don't need the NAA.

Are you using Roon or Stylus in front of HQPlayer?

Per Zelijko:

"You can run only HQplayer in Euphony but you have to have some sort of control program outside to feed it with songs."

If you're finding you can use HQPlayer without Roon, Stylus or an NAA then I'm missing something.

Yes, I am using Roon in front of HQPlayer. I mean I feed HQPe from another Euphony NUC running Roon there. How do you want to feed HQPe with songs? 

I just opened the web interface. I guess I forgot user name and password. Do you know about them?

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon or Stylus) --> Euphony EP (NUC7CJYH: Roon Bridge or NAA or StylusEP) --> Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (I2S) -->

Euphony (NUC7DNKE: Roon) --> WS 2019 Core (i7-8700: HQPlayer, JPLAY Femto, Roon Bridge, MinorityClean) / Matrix Audio Element H --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (USB) --> B & M Prime 6

Synology DS 112+ (LMS) --> pi3B+/HifiBerry Digi + Pro (PiCorePlayer) --> Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro (MQA) (SPDIF) -->  

Ok, I found out user name and password by trial and error. I will have a further look tomorrow. Bedtime here. 

Hi John,

I have attached my USB disk at the Euphony/HQPlayer NUC today. I had to switch to Stylus to mount/attach the USB disk and its music partition. /data/1.42.6-24922/ is the music partition in my case. Then I switched to HQPlayer embedded. In the web interface I typed /data/1.42.6-24922/ as library path and pushed the 'scan' button. The NUC was busy then for the next minutes scanning all the folders. I just listen via HQPlayer embedded standalone without Roon or something else in front. I use the Android app HQPDcontrol. I would have made some pics but I am in a hurry.

You also could try Roon together with the Stylus player. Just switch to 'Roon Core + StylusEP' and add the HQPlayer on Roon. Euphony is using the 'HQPlayer protocol' for their Stylus player then. I like this way very much.

Mario

12 hours ago, austinpop said:

In my case, this was not a major catastrophe, but I did have some issues. On first start of Roon+StylusEP, my Roon client required me to login. This login took quite long (>5 mins).

Hi Rajiv, I guess you are using the Squeezebox protocol? Unfortunately the HQPlayer protocol via StylusEP doesn't work anymore with the current version. Therefore I have reverted one of my two Euphony NUCs to version 430. Another support ticket. Poor Željko. 🙂

Version 712 is released and HQPlayer protocol via StylusEP is working again! 

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, davide256 said:

It really does suck that Euphony updates change the hardware signature for HQPlayer embedded. Waiting now to get an updated license key, backing out of

the update didn't take me back to the prior signature. Wish the two would work together to correct this... a software update shouldn't change a hardware signature

(probable HQPlayer coding weakness) and reverting to prior Euphony version should restore prior state completely (probable Euphony backout defect). At this point

I'm going to start doing a backup OS disk image once I have the updated HQPlayer key since Euphony revert doesn't do a clean back out, that way I can minimize

HQPlayer use interruptions.

That's strange. My HQPlayer fingerprint has never changed after any Euphony update. 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bos3812 said:

I tried the new knob "Go: Euphony: Roon Core & Stylus EP" but nothing happened. The little wheel keeps spinning. It's not totally clear to me what's the function of this knob. I presumed it's to change quickly between Roon and Stylus alone but I am not sure. Has someone tried it with succes?

I have two Euphony NUCs and can switch the web interface between them by this feature. Also nice that I can shutdown both at once now.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, walloon said:

As I'd like to use Stylus to manage my DAC, I tried Roon core + Stylus EP. It didn't work at first and I found out that HQ Player must be enabled in Euphony with this config! Went back to Stylus mode, enabled HQ Player, back to "Roon core + Stylus EP" and it now works. However, I don't have an HQ Player licence. Is it an issue since I don't oversample, I only checked the HQ Player tick box?

So what do you guys recommend, "Roon core" only or "Roon core + Stylus EP" (without HQ Player licence)?

You don't need a HQPlayer embedded licence in this case. Stylus EP means that you use Roon and Euphony's Stylus player. To realize this the Euphony team is using the HQPlayer protocol. I am pretty happy with this solution and use it for a couple of months though I have a HQPe licence, too.

1 hour ago, al2813 said:

Did you compare Stylus player vs. this setup? Does this allow you to have the Roon interface with the Stylus player sound quality? 

I guess I wrote something wrong. You don't use the Stylus player when activating 'Roon core + Stylus EP'. Stylus EP understands different audio protocols. For using the Stylus player you must activate 'Stylus' then there is the Stylus protocol in use (in this case you need a second Euphony system where you start 'Stylus EP'. You can use Stylus EP also with Squeezelite 'slimproto' protocol and/or HQPlayer protocol. I prefer the HQP protocol and therefore I use 'Roon core + Stylus EP' most of the time.

Sometimes I switch to 'Stylus' (I have a second Euphony-NUC running as Stylus EP) to get benefit from playing from RAM and then I can use the Stylus + Stylus EP thing. Well, Roon gives me more fun and I can live with the sound quality of 'Roon core + Stylus EP' very well. 

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

I have done extensive and extended (trial extension) testing regarding this 2 box Euphony config. The best I have so far is Euphony Server on NUC 8i3 to a Windows UPNP Endpoint on Intel NUC 7i3. The endpoint is runs on Windows Server 2016 core and running Jplay Femto. This 2 box setup is much better than a stand alone Euphony in my system. It may be due to the DAC driver which is developed specifically for Windows. The generic Linux DAC driver on Euphony could not even do Native DSD 256. Both the machines are powered by oversized linear power supplies. 

What DAC are you using? About Euphony Stylus and JPLAY Femto I had a similar feeling: 

• 5 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:09 PM, DomiJi said:

My Euphony NUC is directly connected to my router and i want to use Euphony as my Roon Core and use my ifi Pro iDSD as a UPnP / Squeezelite device. So i can leave the Euphony NUC in the other room.

I tried to activate the Squeezebox feature in Roon and activate Roon Core + Squeezelite on my Euphony NUC but Roon couldnt find the iDSD Pro.

Is this possible at all? 

:D

No, it's not possible. Not this way. You need the UPnP/DLNA-plugin running somewhere in your network. Please have a look here: rooupnp roon extension

For a quick test you could change to Stylus and activate the 'Find UPnP devices' or something like this in the Stylus settings.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, BCRich said:

Yes, my existing license works, Hardware ID is still the same. Not sure what will happen when we install E4 to a Disc.

It also works with installation to a disc. Just installed E4 to an Optane 32GB stick successfully. Without success was the try with the Optane 16GB stick of my Euphony Endpoint NUC. Strange, I even can not boot from a E4 USB stick on that NUC. So I have running E4 on my 'Server' NUC and E3 on the 'Endpoint' NUC now. 

1 hour ago, Smaragdhk said:

on my 10i7 NUC I need to press F10 during boot and then I can select which drive to boot from… I select the USB drive and boot from USB. If I don’t interrupt the boot with F10 it will automatically boot from the internal Femto SSD…

hope this helps…

No keyboard connected here. The system is booting from USB drive automatically when inserted. I could boot E4 from the same USB drive stick my NUC8iBEH with the 32 GB Optane stick but not the NUC7iDNKE with the 16 GB Optane. So maybe E4 is checking the size of internal disk before booting.

5 hours ago, dc-audiogeek said:

Version 601 beta is out but it keeps crashing my server and endpoint. I ended up reverting back to 0527.

The same here with my NUCs this morning. The strange thing is it seemed to work after the update last evening. No crashes at least.

16 hours ago, davide256 said:

Anyone else noting that pressing the power button with v4 won't turn off their NUC? I'm seeing this with an 11TNHi3, have to pull the power cord to shut down.

Euphony offers a Shutdown option via the web interface.

Screenshot_20220609-185611~3.jpg

• 2 months later...
30 minutes ago, flkin said:

Take away - Euphony v4 is highly unstable and at most alpha software. For people that just wants a music interface to work, this isn't for them. If you are willing to live with half the functions not working properly or consistently but want that glorious v4 sound, then v4 might be worth the trouble.

Strange, the trial seemed very stable to me. I was about to upgrade both Euphony server and endpoint but missed the Paypal option so I stopped.. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/6/2022 at 10:16 AM, PavelDosko said:

I used Stylus with Euphony, recently switched to JPLAY Femto.

Thank you for reminding me JPLAY Femto! I digged out my old license and voilá: it even works with Diretta ASIO. Great! Btw, you can use the JPLAY lifetime license on two computers.

4 hours ago, PavelDosko said:

yes, you can use one lifetime license for 150 Euros on two machines at the same time. Btw how does the Euphony V4 compare to the JPLAY Femto in your system?

I still didn't upgrade from V3 to V4. I was hesitating because I have two full V3 licenses and also because I have reduced my system. Sold my old active speakers, DAC/pre-amp and a fleshy computer (with Windows LTSC installed and also JPLAY) and running a pair of KEF LS50 Wireless II now. From remembrance I can say that I liked the V4 trial very much. Especially with the KEFs via UPnP but also via a DDC Topping D10s. Maybe I will upgrade (one license only) in autumn when I spend more time at home again. 

For now I like what I hear with JPLAY Femto and Diretta ASIO host installed on a spare Acer Switch Alpha 12 😄 Diretta Target is a NUC8i7BEH at the moment (booting from a Diretta stick). The sound is surprisingly "full bodied" via the Topping DDC. Especially with local files served from JPLAY Femto server. I still have to find out what I like more. Either kernel streaming via Topping directly connected on the Alpha or via Diretta ASIO. But even with the latter I can set the DAC Link to 1000 Hz. It's fun to play around with solutions that were in 'pause mode' for more than one year and you already have paid for.

So again, mnohokrat diky za mentioning JPLAY Femto! 🙂