IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

1 hour ago, Joerg D said:

I go back to version 108

When back to 108, did you have to ask for new registration code? I've tried to go back to 107, but new registration code was needed, as it changed with completely new installation of 421.

I think this latest version sounds fabulous.  I insisted on keeping the older v. going back as far as 11/2020, but I mostly idled at the 02/17 release.  I decided to try the latest version and I cannot hear any negatives.  All good! 

I have a 2 computer setup and have only updated the frontend.  Sounds so good, not sure I even want to hassle with the endpoint.

One thing I noticed regarding irq that made a huge difference in my system is isolating the eth0 and eth1 on the frontend computer.

Thanks Z for the continued support with all things euphony.

11 hours ago, Tokyokyoto said:

I think this latest version sounds fabulous.  I insisted on keeping the older v. going back as far as 11/2020, but I mostly idled at the 02/17 release.  I decided to try the latest version and I cannot hear any negatives.  All good! 

I have a 2 computer setup and have only updated the frontend.  Sounds so good, not sure I even want to hassle with the endpoint.

One thing I noticed regarding irq that made a huge difference in my system is isolating the eth0 and eth1 on the frontend computer.

Thanks Z for the continued support with all things euphony.

Yeah, after adjusting my system, I love this build too. I also think Z is amazing at support and how responsive he is to the user base!

You mentioned isolating using the ethtool command. I've isolated the processing cores to good effect, but don't know how to use the ethtool.

I only us a single computer, does this still help? If so, what do you enter into the command line?

Thanks!

That echoes my views as well... sounding wonderful on a single 10i7NUC based system...

I haven't played yet with isolating cores or using the ethtool commands... and I do not run ramroot either.

I found running without ramroot sounder more open and with more air in the mix.

So I have the same question here, can anyone advise on a core isolation / ethtool setting for standalone NUC to start from and explain how further tweaks can bring the listening experience to the next level?

I found the user manual to be lacking this guidance.