IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

On 4/12/2019 at 6:29 AM, Chopin75 said:

The Euphony works great with HQplayer but I hate the click & pause at the end of each track even in the same album. DO you experience that ? But I think it mainly occurs when doing PCM-DSD., 

The HQplayer has its own sound signature different from the Stylus even with PCM

Hello, actually I don’t no if this was answered, but I had the same issue - I solved it by changing settings for DSD converting for DoP  but if Your DAC support native DSD it better way as Euphony service said.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, al2813 said:

I thought Optane will not be compatible with my motherboard,

My Asus MB really not supporting an Optane memory in a proper way, but it can be using as regular ssd, in my case I did so and move Euphony boot from usb stick to Optane (but only fully registered Euphony OS can be move to internal drives inputs any king) and it booting very very fast.

12 hours ago, dminches said:

Is it possible to register your HQ Player license for Euphony if you have an existing license?  I have a license for 4.x.  The Euphony process seems to imply that you are getting a license to use in Euphony.  Maybe I need to get an embedded license.

It better ask Jussu ([email protected]), anyway You should send to HQPlayesr support Euphony’s fingerprint for HQP (You can see it at settings), they will send You a reg code that You put in Euphony HQP registration field.

All this should work .

but I think You will not possible to use whole HQP strength (no filters I thing and other tweets is possible under Euphony because it embedded only).

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, PavelDosko said:

even with the Stylus (without Roon and without HQP) I get a higher resolution than 16-44.1 with the Tidal Master subscription for "M" albums, I don't resample in the Stylus.

Great, it means that in case of M album You should see another pcm value on stylus, or this is only “feeling”?

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/14/2022 at 12:58 AM, Yiakubou said:

Then it should be reflected in the price. Let's see what the pricing will be. But if it's going to be $150 a year as you mention, then it's the same as Roon and it should be to no surprise that customer will be then expecting a similar level of service. Sound quality aside, Euphony today is very far from that.

I wonder what king of service You actually didn’t got from Euphony support aka Željko?!

For my opinion Euphony always was (is) better that roon in SQ too(IMO).

I alway hearing a complainants on roon from my friends (and not only one).

Being in past software programmer I know exactly how many efforts needed for developing good and stable software product, and bring with it excellent service and support with small resources.

So, I’m sorry can’t agreed with You.

1 hour ago, an333 said:

Why is everyone trying to convince us how much effort should be made by the programmer? Surely you know such things where you do not need to make efforts, but to be just a good guy and receive funds for it?
You mentioned the support service, then I will ask you a question as a past programmer. Was it impossible to fix the problem with HQPlayer in v3? Or was it just not a desire to work on v3? And you can ask a lot of such questions...

As You understand I can’t answer You:) But, not everything can be fix on current platforms and can be done only in evaluate versions, for example v3 can’t measure AMD Ryzen cpu temp - it’s really annoying for me, hoped that it’ll be fix in upgrades, but not happened and Željko said that this un possible on v3 that’s it - nothing to do and I’m patiently wait for v4. 
Agree nobody want pay more and pay more, and yes better clear things from Euphony part will be great. I’m pretty sure all this comes to they notice.

8 minutes ago, an333 said:

I can't speak for everyone, I can say what outraged me and why I feel cheated...
I met euphony at the end of 2021. Even then, it was known about the planning for the release of v4. During the test period, I found out how the transition between versions 2 and 3 took place. I knew it was worth about 50% of the cost of a full licence. I knew and was ready in the future to pay funds for the transition between versions 4 and 5. At the end of the test period, I decided to just wait for the release of v4 and buy it. But soon an inscription appeared on the site - BUY 3.0 LICENSE NOW AND GET FREE UPGRADE TO 4.0 AS SOON AS AVAILABLE  and nowhere was there even a hint of changing licensing conditions. And I decided, and why not, in the end I don't lose anything... But now I feel deceived, because the license as a subscription is not my choice and I will not use it. That is, for $300, I got a dead product that will no longer develop... I mean v3. My biggest wish now is to get my money back and not get back to it anymore...

I surely understand You and were felt like You, and yes it better to be explained from Euphony part. But, I think in some cases it’ll be some solution or even refund.

No one like unsatisfied customers - this no good for business:) 

Did You ask about?