IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi,

I've been trying Euphony OS + stylus for few days and extremely impressed with the SQ.

I use a single box (a mac mini) to play stylus and send music to my USB DAC which can decodes MQA.

My questions are:

- My music is stored in a NAS, but in Stylus I found no way to import music from NAS. When clicking "Network Drives" I could not find any shared folder from NAS.

- For MQA: Stylus do not support to unfold MQA but passthough it instead. However, when I played 24/96 MQA files from Tidal, my dac showned input signal as 24/48, why not 24/96? The dac also did not show "MQA" signal, which I believed the input signal was PCM, instead of MQA passthough. So did I miss anything in Setting?

any advice is highly appreciated

Jacky

On 7/1/2020 at 7:12 AM, davide256 said:

Assuming you have media server enabled at the NAS, you should be able to enter the nas IP address\”music share name” to attach with “guest” as login ID, no password needed. There’s a media server protocol that defaults to 2.0 with Synology, I had to change it to also support 1.0 to successfully attach my NAS music directory. Will look up the name when I get home.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your advice. I followed your guide but could not success.

Stylus shown “mount errror” as attached screenshot.

BC308D4B-A92C-414C-80F2-3D36808421C5.png

D65CAF22-56FC-4174-84BD-F79BED7D299B.png

On 7/1/2020 at 7:12 AM, davide256 said:

Assuming you have media server enabled at the NAS, you should be able to enter the nas IP address\”music share name” to attach with “guest” as login ID, no password needed. There’s a media server protocol that defaults to 2.0 with Synology, I had to change it to also support 1.0 to successfully attach my NAS music directory. Will look up the name when I get home.

Hi Dave & ASRmichael,

It works now.

i ended up with only address path as “music”, user PW to my synology Nas, and domain as “workgroup”

Thank you!

7A82C282-203B-4308-A355-03533EDAB9F1.thumb.png.511a025273447448d15d48a24b0e6f7d.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, anyone who tried 2 box solution for stylus server + endpoint, and how it compare to 1 box, in term of SQ?

My current server is a fanless NUC8i7 which is nearly identical to the Summus server, and I'm thinking of another NUC8i3 for the endpoint, if the sound improvement's worth it. 

21 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

I think your money would be better spent on a linear power supply like a Sean Jacobs DC3 or Paul Hynes SR4 feeding just one NUC. We’ll if you don’t have already? 

@ASRMichael, my NUC has Uptone JS2 LPS, it maybe not on par with PH SR4.

It can be upgrated with apacer ram and Intel Optane H10 SSD which is my plan but I have not pulled the trigger yet.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 8:50 PM, TheAttorney said:

My remaining question is regarding Optane drives: There are many options around, but most of them won't fit into the M.2 2280 slot of DN-boarded NUCs. I'm starting with a 32GB pure Optane to be the Euphony/Stylus boot drive (and with an external filestore drive), but to continue the KISS principle, it would be more elegant to use the H10 drive with a combined 32GB Optane + up to 1TB NAND, thereby keeping everything within the same box.

So my H10 questions are:

1. Can one boot Euphony/Stylus from the 32GB Optane partition, which then reads the music files from the NAND partition? 

2. Or is it better to put everything on the NAND partition and use the Optane as accelerator (which is after all its originally intended purpose)?

3. How would a H10 drive compare SQ-wise with Optane + external drive?

Solution 2 seems to be the most elegant to me, but it'snot clear if adding the NAND SSD onto the Optane card will make that drive as noisy as a typical SSD?

Have you bought the H10 @TheAttorney?
I have installed Euphony OS as well as music storage to my H10 for a year and how to make sure the OS had been installed to Optane partition (and not to NAND partition)?

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Anyone kindly help.

I changed my OS drive to a new Optane drive.

My music which is stored in another drive is now no longer found.

I can still explore it and see music folder in File Manager but can not import to Library.

Only “format” is available. Then I formated it, and copy new files again, but it still did’n work.

579E7F17-89E1-43FD-9163-3FDE88EA6CB0.thumb.jpeg.acd6a7852e233eb6655054e689479d7a.jpeg

My external drives are easy to import:

D79A4CAC-A466-44DA-8201-2BBB343FAC01.thumb.jpeg.b5fdff67d7e17097708580d3fce9f84b.jpeg

• 9 months later...

I still keep Euphony ver3.

Yesterday I tried to change from Stylus to Roon core on Euphony, but could not log in Roon's account.

Roon app indicated "Unauthorized: Please enter your account's password properly", even I typed it correctly many times. 

Is problem caused by Euphony ver3 (no longer support Roon?) or Roon itself?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, davide256 said:

Short answer... yes. I like UPNP but Stylus endpoint does a more convincing job for lifelike performance. But that requires a good/clean endpoint device,

For endpoint I use an UP Atom PC with EMMC storage, limited to lowest CPU speed, powered by an Uptone Audio LPS 1.2... I consider it like a microRendu on

steroids

My endpoint is a Rhein Z1 (Silence Angel) which modded with Jcat XE USB card output and DC4 power inside. It run its owned OS, and can be a server or UPNP endpoint depending on setup.