IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

22 hours ago, bobfa said:

a new release is out as of 04/05/19 (supposed to fix the bootup issues some folks were having)

The new version also has bridging and CPU frequency min/max setting

my HQPe license is no longer recognized in the new version. is that just me being unlucky or is it a bug?

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

• 4 months later...
21 hours ago, austinpop said:

For distributed, you can run either:

• Roon core  on server, StylusEP on endpoint, or
  • Stylus  on server, StylusEP on endpoint.

in addition to the above: yesterday I discovered that while running Stylus on server with the HQP option active you can still use Roon (server running on NAS) to select and play music.

This way you can vary based on usage type, casual/wife/discovering new stuff = Roon/HQP and listening session = Stylus/HQP, without changing audio systems in Euphony

This sort of scenario might be useful for fools like me that already have the HQPe and Roon licenses anyway...

In HQP I do not use any filters btw so the signal is just about as pure as just Stylus by itself 

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if Željko is still working for Euphony?

He did something special for me in v3 to help streaming from Qobuz work in my setup.

But the new guy Robert does not want to do the same trick in v4, which renders v4 useless for me.

The config file needs a flag set to "1" but I am a linux noob so I have no idea how to do it myself...

Can we still ssh into v4 anyway?

Cheers

Steve 

yes Robert has replied to my support ticket (and also to my contact form later when I cancelled my sub on v4)

guess maybe Z is on holiday...

Any idea on shh-ing into v4 and enabling a flag in config?

Or maybe I should just wait until Z is back in the office to hopefully do it for me...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For those of you who like Stylus for best sound, and like me, also have Roon and HQPe licenses lying around...

you can; activate Stylus + HQPe, so you can use Stylus for serious listening and the rest of the time use Roon (running on a different machine somewhere in your setup) into HQPe while discovering new music, adding stuff to the library etc.

Curious if any of you are using this model

I have Roon running on NAS and Stylus + HQPe on streamer, that way I can use both Roon and Stylus apps without changing any settings in Euphony.

And as said before I agree Roon degrades sound quality but for casual listening and music discovery at low volume it is okay playing through HQPe.

for active listening I switch to Stylus without any effort, just activate ALSA output instead of HQPe in de Stylus app and go.

• 5 months later...