IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi, I’m trying to decide which option is the best way to configure my euphony software....Can anyone confirm or deny whether if either computer (when system is set in “bridge mode”) can be assigned to front-end/backend duties?  IOW, for example can I use computer “A” to run Stylus ep for a while and then switch to computer “B” to run ep!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am having same/similar issue since adding an Amanero usb card.  Pretty much same symptoms as others have described.  

I have been using the euphony software installed on a frontend/endpoint configuration since the end of last year.  I reverted back to the original sw version (on the frontend computer only) a few weeks ago without issue into a Lyngdorf dac.  The distortion issue started immediately after the new Amanero was installed.

I haven’t brought the issue to Z yet so it remains to be seen where this is going.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, di-fi said:

Hi Tokyokyoto,

Thanks for sharing. To solve the problem, it would be good to share as much details as possible. 

So you experience strident distortion during the whole track, but you can still hear the music playing (at a higher speed?). This happens when you change between tracks with different bit depths (16/24/32 bits)? When this happens Euphony becomes unresponsive and needs a 'Restart app' command? This happens when playing Euphony endpoint to Amanero usb (as player?).

Do you play with ramroot, do you activate 'buffer before play 100%'  and 'buffer albums to queue'?

Any other specific settings?

Sorry for all the questions, I appreciate.

Paul

I haven’t been able to offer any updated information on this because I ran into other audio issues (amp) and have been unable to listen.  

Any news on potential software release to remedy the sound issues that were troublesome to many?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, ASRMichael said:

FWIF I’ve went from

SOTM

NUC

i7 7700T

i9 9900k

i9 10900k

Each time a jump in SQ. Big & bold dynamics. I’ve tried every frequency possible, high & low. 

I currently have all 20 threads at 5.0ghz. More or less fully open. 

This was only possible when I purchased 10a LPS for CPU. 

IMHO The most important part is the the quality of the LPS. 

Occasionally I use my LPS on my NUC to compare against my server. This gives me the reference point compared to any new purchases.  

Where does using a separate endpoint in bridge mode come in?

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jbm_2021 said:

Thanks Tokyokyoto and auricgoldfinger. I am actually thinking of this one https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16813132833?quicklink=true

and this one https://www.newegg.com/core-i7-7th-gen-intel-core-i7-7700/p/N82E16819117727?quicklink=true

See any issues with the above?

I would like your insight into these questions please.

1. Is it possible to run Euphony server and Euphony client (Stylus) in the same box?

2. If one above is possible, is a separate Euphony stylus client away from the Server better in terms of sound quality?

3. Can the SoTM NEO act as a Euphony client without having to run Roon in the Euphony server?

It looks like the Asus Motherboard you picked doesn’t have a Pcie expansion slot so If you want to use an upgraded nic or usb card (or both) you will need a pcie to m.2 adapter which isn’t ideal. Either way, the Farad should power the 65 i7.  I have one powering an 65 i5.

I think most are using stylus with a single pc.  I have both full and endpoint Euphony license and have run both single and bridged setups.  I agree that if you are using lower power pc’s, ‘bridged’ is the way to go.  That being said, I have never had or felt the need for an optimized high power system running Euphony because I don’t do any up/down sampling.  Imo having more cores/threads is better than higher speed and power, and that running a low power two pc bridge mode setup will give you the most options and best results.......if no upsampling is going on.

Once you have everything setup and have gone through the learning curve it will be easy to switch to any combination of player/streaming service, etc. you want.  My preference is listening to locally stored files and Qobuz streaming.  I have a Roon subscription but hardly ever use it these days. 

My setup is Fios (copper) > Mikrotik/Mikrotik (fiber optic) powered by Keces 8 > SOtM 108 sw. > Jcat NIC/Mitac ph-12 mbrd > NUC 8i7/SOtM usb > DAC.  Everything is powered with dedicated Farad, Uptone JS-2 or Keces P8 psu’s.  Everything is clocked with Mutec 50 ohm.

• 1 month later...

I think this latest version sounds fabulous.  I insisted on keeping the older v. going back as far as 11/2020, but I mostly idled at the 02/17 release.  I decided to try the latest version and I cannot hear any negatives.  All good! 

I have a 2 computer setup and have only updated the frontend.  Sounds so good, not sure I even want to hassle with the endpoint.

One thing I noticed regarding irq that made a huge difference in my system is isolating the eth0 and eth1 on the frontend computer.

Thanks Z for the continued support with all things euphony.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, davide256 said:

As expected, when I used the voucher code from the promo, it wouldn't work because HW ID changed going from v3 to v4. Will advise on my experience getting this handled,

in mean time if you have 10 or 11 series NUC with v3, you may want to wait on upgrade until I report back how this resolves.

I had the same issue..I ended up reinstalling v3 on my NUC and proceeded as prescribed without any hiccups.

• 2 months later...

I have been using a nuc with Euphony for several years and wifi has always been very spotty at best.  Since moving to v.4 I have yet to be able to get a signal and have given up trying.   That being said, I don’t even know what “features” I am missing (per the Euphony manual) by not having the connection.  I mostly use Stylus/local files/Qobuz but on occasion Roon.