IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi Folks,

I'm evaluating Euphony in a single machine config and have a ESI Juli@ sound card that gets recognized but doesn't output audio or show any songs progress when playing.  I'm thinking it isn't being recognized 100% by the Euphony software because ESI doesn't have a Linux driver.  I also have a spare Paul Pang V2 USB PCI-E card that isn't recognized either, which means it doesn't even show up as an option in Stylus.  Can anyone recommend the USB PCI-E cards that they are currently using with Euphony and are recognized in the Stylus interface.  I did see a reference to a Martix Element H card mentioned and was hoping to see some additional options. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a brother out! Dave K

I emailed support and the Juli@ only has 3rd party Linux support and the 3rd party can't be identified.  :)  In regards to the Paul Pang USB Card Roger mentioned that it is NEC based and should be compatible.  I'm going to try a different motherboard to see if I have a better experience with recognizing the Paul Pang Card, it can be seen in Windows 7 with a driver but WS 2012 R2 or the Euphony OS it isn't recognized.  I'm still curious what PCI-E USB cards folks have working in their servers?  In the long run a wanted to have a dual boot Music Server using an audio card that is compatible with both WS2012 R2 and Euphony.  I'm thinking about replacing WS 2012 with Windows 10 to allow for better driver combatibility.  I'm doing a bit of experimentation to get the proper configuration as you can see. :)

Just Picked up an ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero AM4 AMD X370, same as is used in the Pink Faun 2.16x Music Server which looks to be a BEAST!!!  I'm thinking that they may be using Euphony as their OS of choice but that's a guess.  Anyone know the AMD processor that might reside in the Pink Faun 2.16x Music Server.  I'm thinking that it may need to be max 95 Watt TDP because the case they use looks alot like a customized HDPLEX H5 Gen2 which supports processors up to that rating.  Hopefully I'm on the right track. :)

I found the exact Corsair memory that they are using in the 2.16x, it took a bit to figure that out.  Since I wanted video to be available for the 2nd SSD that will host WS2012R with Audio Optimizer and JRiver, I picked up a AMD Ryzen 3400G 4-core 3.7GHz with 4.2GHz Boost 65W CPU.  Does the 2.16 and 2.16x actually take advantage of the 8 cores?  I'm also assuming that the Pink Faun folks needed to add a video card to that motherboard to tweak the system's BIOS before shipping to clients because the AMD 1700x doesn't have built in graphics.

The Pink Faun SPIDIF card has clock options, I was always under the impression that when using a SPDIF connection to your DAC it would use the clock in the DAC, am I incorrect?  If I am correct, what is the advantage of updating the clock on the Pink Faun SPDIF card if is going to use the one in the DAC?

Thanks so far for everyone's replies and advice. Dave

I'm following you, makes sense.  I wonder why they offer the card with no clock as an option, I'm thinking the signal would be no better than one sent out of the motherboard's stock USB or optical out from a jitter standpoint.  I guess they include some filtering and an option to power their card from an external power supply so those are advantages.  So adding their clock options are the way to go which certainly kicks up the price by more than double the price of their basic offering, I better start saving! :)  Thanks for your explanation and time! Dave