IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I must be the only one that found the sound quality difference with the latest release to not necessarily be an improvement.  I noticed a little more detail (mostly in the highs) that others are reporting and a little more authority in the lows, but I find the sound to be less natural overall and noticeably shorter soundstage (the first thing I noticed right off the bat). The release must’ve affected the balance I had with my configuration somehow, and I probably need to tweak some settings to optimize it. But reverted back 20200712 and all is well again, so I’ll probably just stick with this as long as I can.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, davide256 said:

Correct. By default Stylus buffers the first song and next for local play. If you look at your Qobuz playing list you will not see the track color

change to buffered and the manual states streaming services do not use Stylus buffer

local music with  1st two tracks buffered automatically

image.thumb.png.6a77474d77fdfcc954a920dcec02c482.png

Qobuz playing, no buffering by Stylus

image.thumb.png.3b6d1f253c30e4759f9457d9c172f2c1.png

The manual states that with online streaming, it buffers the track playing and two subsequent tracks on the current playlist. The colored “i” doesnt show this like it does for local though, but the manual states this is how online streaming works regardless of the settings.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Lukasluis said:

Has anyone compared their Euphony rigs with the Bluesound node 2i or the ifi Zen Stream? I'm thinking of simplifying my digital system. 

depends on how resolving your system is and how much the drop in sound quality matters to you. I had a node 2i in my system for about a month. It wasn’t awful when used with an external Dac, but there was a noticeable drop in resolution compared to my Euphony rig, which has a very natural sound. The node 2i  sounded more “digital” overall in my main system, and it wasn’t enjoyable for me. It was perfectly fine in my less resolving second system, however.