IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I find playing with isolation/CPU freq very useful after I increase every thing I find my euphony environment become faster and sound stage is wide  with depth adding more dynamics and details.

I am not sure if I need to limit this but after some time I can't accept the harshness so I reduce cpu freq .
I didn't have custom power supply yet.

I think default and gstp Somehow is affecting the soundstage with depth and stylus affecting the dynamics and speed .

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

The feature I’ve been waiting for! Well for local files...

Add album, buffer, then in expert menu press play. See below, it automatically shuts down network completely. It also auto populates how long for (album time length). 

Finally, Very happy my wife always adds a small router to improve the wireless signal but this step makes me hate my system. This small router causes poor sound quality.I disconnect the network cable every time so that the sound is not affected, but now there is a solution without moving my lazy ass while I am drinking coffee and listening to the music .

Sometimes the coffee I drink improves the soundstage and the details I think caffeine works better than this little router.

• 1 month later...
On 2/25/2021 at 8:08 PM, maxst67 said:

I went back to the version .... 102 and the sound returned pleasant, full, musical and above all real and natural. With the latest versions, I honestly lost a lot of the listening pleasure that led me to buy the license, too digital and aseptic for my system. Obviously they are tastes

Hi,
Can you tell me how to get back to 102, can you share the steps with me.

I was telling my friend that I thought I preferred the old version of euphony more than the newer versions but I'm not sure because I couldn't compare it.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, di-fi said:

I never had issues until I found out last year Euphony was not adding all album tracks (only 2 at a time) to my buffer instead of as it was supposed to do (100% buffer, all album tracks). At that time I preferred to play from ramroot (2 Apacer sticks) and to have all tracks in buffer and pull the ethernet out. Euphony resolved this issue

Sorry for interrupting your post.

But I was thinking it is good idea euphony adding only two song in buffer and will continue add every next two song to buffer .

with this we can add many  local file album and hit play then disconnect the ethernet so the third and fourth song will start adding to buffer without adding any noise from network and this will continue until all music in buffer without any noise from network.

Thinking again with good better easy solution for disconnect network and keep songs in buffer clean as possible.

But this needs the Željko diamond touch to make it very easy .

He can add extra feature after we add all local album in queue .

- disable network and then euphony will auto add all music in buffer in 2 seconds.

- network will enable auto after all file in buffer remaining clean and safe from any  network noise  .

now we should enjoy the  natural sound even after network is enable .

1 hour ago, ASRMichael said:

??? That’s ready a feature. Add & buffer albums. Go to expert menu & press play. The network shuts of for the duration of your albums selected. Excluding Tidal etc

a- with this feature the problem is You have to buffer the queue before disconnecting network . (( this will add network activity  in buffer)) .

b- but I think is better to disconnecting  network first then  buffer .

with option (b) you are buffering  without network activity.

I test this with same song two copy I find (b) less harsh more natural more clear . can you make same test from your side .

26 minutes ago, davide256 said:

A queue is just a playlist until its locally cached or buffering is complete. So perhaps you are caching first?

I am enabling cache in my server I use my internal optane drive.

But I am trying to explain that we need enhance the method of disabling network with euphony .

I think for better sq we need to disable network first .

second buffering the queue .

this should apply in sequence .

3 hours ago, TheAttorney said:

I've had difficulty trying to understand what problem you're trying to resolve.

I think what you're effectively saying is that, when buffering files into RAM, noise from the network somehow enters and stays inside the RAM alongside the 1's and 0's - thereby permanently corrupting the file in some way. And you can hear the resulting SQ degradation when you later play the buffered file - compared to when you had buffered the files into RAM when the network was disconnected.

How did you run this test to compare the SQ of the two different ways of buffering the file?

I don't see how you can achieve this test without Z creating the new feature you're asking for.

OK I will try to make it simple as I can everyone can Test this one  with his system.

First you need same song with two copy let's put name  A and B . or you can use any mic to recorder the result find your way .

next

- everyone know euphony if there is 4 songs in queue without pressing buffer queue to ram he will start buffer every two song gradually. 

so what you need actually

play your songs normally and disconnect your ethernet  after the all 4 song finish put your ethernet back .

exclude  song number 1 and 2 because they get noise from network but 3 & 4 will be safe here you need to make your test with song 3&4 .

is this still difficult to test ? 

Please share your feedback if you make this test so we can learn from each other.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Today I started to experiment using  PGGB with Euphony .  I feel it is interesting tool for upsampling but I have some issue euphone is shortens the song especially long song . I need to figure out  the reason for shortens the song.

PGGB brings benefit to the sound  I feel the timing is more accurate more natural sound  with black background and reduce some of the harshness with better bass and amazing vocal . 

1 hour ago, NanoSword said:

Today I started to experiment using  PGGB with Euphony .  I feel it is interesting tool for upsampling but I have some issue euphone is shortens the song especially long song . I need to figure out  the reason for shortens the song.

PGGB brings benefit to the sound  I feel the timing is more accurate more natural sound  with black background and reduce some of the harshness with better bass and amazing vocal . 

Z advised me to install new update he is correct no more shortens with any song .

I was playing with 3 versions 108 & 216 & 217 I find the sound unnatural at all when this two ver 216&217 installed in my system . But it is different when install 108 & 217 in my system I find the sound still natural, I don't know if I imagine that but I feel the previous ver impacting the sound somehow I don't know so I decided to keep old ver as part of my system if there's new update I will downgrade my ver to 108 then I will install the new one .

I am using now 108 & 421.

With new version 421 the resolution & clarity details is remarkable. I am very satisfied  with natural sound  more than 108 . 

Image & holographic I feel  it is less than 108. But I care  much about natural so I am very happy with last update . I am sure Z will add something special with new update .

10 hours ago, edwardsean said:

Darn, 421 performs so well in terms of precision and detail. I really wish I could have a mix of 421 and 102. As it is, no matter how hard I try, I can't settle on 421 in my system. 

This is a plea for Željko, going forward, if we could move the balance back some toward 102, or if we could have some more tuning options. 

I read @ASRMichael comment's explain IRQ after I start play with IRQ I feel the image is improving. 

I did try upsampling to DSD256 7EC with Euphony chord Dac but the problem is with Hqplayer specially with new ver they are not taking the advantage of multi core it looks Hq used two core and the process will hit 100% and the sound will start to cut. 

With old ver like 4.8 or 4.12 I can't upsample higher rate PCM like 192 to 7EC but with lower sample rate it's working good .  I believe the best way to go with 7EC is to replicate @hols build .

it looks he prefer PGGB now.

For me I appreciate 7EC with song recorded as DSD but not to upsampling from PCM> DSD I can't imagine how the sound will become good with DAC prefer DSD file as I know chord DAC work's best with PCM yet the sound is still beautiful with 7EC. 

So I think for euphony using DSD file and HQ 7EC sound very beautiful. 

and playing PGGB PCM with Stylus sound very beautiful . 

4 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

The EC modulator requires at least 4GHz clock frequency for each channel. It works the same way under Windows.

Did you make any change from BIOS ? I changed Freq from euphony only.

4 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

the picture you can now see that the other cores from Core 8 - 15 are also used. For example CPU 9+10.

41083726bb.png

How did I do that? For Core Isolation I chose this setting: 8-15 hqplayerd 0-7 dhcpcd 1-15

It is impressive your CPU utilization have 93%,  mine is reaching 99-100% .

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...