IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Maybe a dumb question, but how do I turn on legacy boot on a NUC7PJYH? I can't find any corresponding entry in its BIOS. (also using search for "legacy")

And the option to turn on/off UEFI boot is greyed out.

@bobfa I think you got a NUC7i7DN board, right? Is it possible that my NUC has lesser options in its BIOS than yours?

At Euphony Audio they told me that an internal SSD works with UEFI but it didn't work either using the trial image. Or is the trial image just for USB flash storages and the SSD image is different?

BTW the Guys at Euphony told me that the trial version of Euphony OS can only be booted with legacy boot and not with UEFI boot. It doesn't matter whether it's flashed to an USB flash drive or a SSD.

They know that this creates problems for some people with devices without legacy boot but they don't have a solution for it right now.

Only after buying the full version you can install it to a SSD that can be booted with UEFI boot.

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

Thanks !

Does the USB stick need to be in a specific "Format" in order to launch the TRIAL ?

I ma having trouble booting 

I also am unable to boot my NUC. In my case the flash drive is now recognized in BIOS in contrast to before when UEFI boot was not supported.

But now I only get as far as the Euphony boot menu. When it then tries to start "Euphony-Linux" automatically the following error message flashes up:

"Invalid boot signature 0x0, bailing out
Booting kernel failed: bad file number"

Then it tries to start the system automatically again, countdown from 3 seconds, same error message and so on. a loop.

I disabled secure boot so normally an error regarding invalid boot signature shouldn't even happen, right? Or is it the second part of the error message which is relevant?

Anyway I am at a loss what to do and Euphony support couldn't help either

On my new laptop which uses UEFI boot I'm getting the same error message.

BTW the checksum of my downloaded image is ok and the partitions on my flash drive are also ok according to Euphony support.

16 minutes ago, mikicasellas said:

This is what ram getting too:

This is what shows below when keeping pressing the “Enter”:

“Invalid boot signature 0X310a bailing out booting Kernel failed bad file number

Loading ../umlinuz-linux-rt-bfq failed: bad file number”

I already wrote this to Željko, but i guess they are sleeping now...

@mikicasellas: "good" to see that someone else is having this problem. Željko wrote me that I was the only one so far and that he doesn't know the solution to this problem.

But I guess if others are having the same problem and nobody here posts a solution, Euphony should take a deeper look into it.

• 7 months later...

I am using Euphony on a NUC7i7DNHE as a single box setup. However I am having problems when using a Cisco 2960c switch between the router and the NUC. All of them connected via ethernet cables and with fixed IP address.

Euphony is really laggy and all kinds of warnings show up (especially when using Qobuz) and sometimes playback from Qobuz is not possible at all. The guys at Euphony told me that all these warnings and errors are related to the internet connection being too slow. So then I tried without the Cisco switch and now everything works.

But as the switch is bringing some sonic improvements I would like to continue using it. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

Happy new year!

Poldi