IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I think that's what they called fallback ip, you may not be getting an ip at all, I was able to get it running and working yesterday, try connecting to wired and once done access it and configure wireless if you need to, it is not officially supported but works 

1 minute ago, Johnseye said:

They just came through Chicago. I so wanted to go but had work obligations. Next time

Yeah next time John, it was still nice to meet you and bobfa 

I have the same config with HQP and very very subjectively I hear miskas naa image as the best in my system with the higher details, Audiolinux and stylus are not there with my equipment, I'm sure others will differ, now listening to euphony local played content sounds great 

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Oh wait!

I have a connection now--with the NUC.

Normally I have the NUC's Ethernet cable plugged into a Cisco Catalyst switch that sits under my audio rack.  And that switch is fed directly from my ZyXEL ADSL modem/router.  So as last ditch effort I bypassed the Cisco and ran the cable from the router directly into the NUC.  Booting now the NUC picked up a proper 192.168.8.xxx address from my router.

The question is, why does AudioLinux have no problem getting address from router--though Cisco switch--whereas Euphony won't and self-assigns?  Is it too impatient and too quick to self-assign?

Now I can at least play with Euphony a little bit.  But it won't be a fair comparison because the Catalyst switch is a benefit to SQ (as will be our own EtherREGEN later on ;-)).

Sounds like a possible layer 2 issue with arch Linux or dhcp /bootp not really sure Alex 

Mine honestly worked out of the box, even the wireless link 

On 5/30/2019 at 1:10 PM, RickyV said:

The power supply is a diy studer900, should be good for 2,5 amps. I did try a different power setting, it was on the middle setting and put on the high setting.

@RickyV Studer900 was already tested 

Seems could barely drive a 1.5 A load

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chopin75 said:

Does anyone have issue with connecting to internet from Euphony? Now and then I get a message stating I am not getting internet signal. I am still using the older version, not upgrades yet. I have no new updates at all but then Maybe there is no updates for the older version.

I ran into similar issue when installed a month ago because I have my server multihomed with wireless and wired being wireless the internet connection, then updated about 3 weeks ago the software through the menu update and issues were gone. Don't know my exact version and I'm traveling now with no access to my box sorry. 

• 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, EliteDJ said:

Hi Folks,

I'm evaluating Euphony in a single machine config and have a ESI Juli@ sound card that gets recognized but doesn't output audio or show any songs progress when playing.  I'm thinking it isn't being recognized 100% by the Euphony software because ESI doesn't have a Linux driver.  I also have a spare Paul Pang V2 USB PCI-E card that isn't recognized either, which means it doesn't even show up as an option in Stylus.  Can anyone recommend the USB PCI-E cards that they are currently using with Euphony and are recognized in the Stylus interface.  I did see a reference to a Martix Element H card mentioned and was hoping to see some additional options. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a brother out! Dave K

Did you asked Euphony's support already about the drivers? they may support you and include these inside Euphony, Zeljko is very helpful with these matters.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Hi All

I have been playing around with Euphony running Roon and HQ Player. 

The interesting things here is I can run XTR filters and new ASDM7EC on my Windows Server 2019 using AO & Fidelizer, albeit my processor running at 90%. no buffer

The above filters simple will not on Euphony, even with buffer set in HQ player. Stutters and Stutters. Try hours trying to resolve. 

So here's my question, if Euphony is optimized just for music then why can't it do what Windows server is doing?

You think USB drive got something to do with it?

Unless anyone has any ideas I'll give up and go back to Windows

Very interesting, which processor do you have?

• 1 year later...
On 3/20/2021 at 10:10 AM, TheAttorney said:

What do you suggest the speed and voltage be changed to?

Feel free to experiment but I would leave in automatic (in my systems I have it like that) I discovered after testing memory on different systems (for other applications not necessarily audio) that if you want a stable system it is better go with the defaults. Even underclocking and undervolting memory under its max specs (which you would think would not create any issues) it actually does and makes the memory to start generating errors (I've spent weeks running memtest pro for different types and settings). Of course an audio system doesn't have to be strictly stable as audio is really not a critical app so give it a spin if you feel like it.