bobfa

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Rate this topic

On 3/14/2019 at 1:48 PM, bobfa said:

** I would love for Euphony to get involved in the forum.  **

I sent an email to Arthur letting him know of all the recent interest in Euphony on this forum. I'm sure he'll drop by soon.  😉

33 minutes ago, auricgoldfinger said:

It's also quite a bit more expensive than JRiver updates for major versions.

HQPlayer and Euphony are both relatively pricey, but you get great sound and great support with your purchase. I think they're worth it myself. Now that I've heard how good my system can sound, I wouldn't be satisfied without including them in my chain.

But yes, a discounted bundle purchase or a group purchase would be nice.

8 hours ago, austinpop said:

Indeed. To reiterate - only use the "Copy app data to RAM" flag for the specific case where:

1. you're booting off ejectable media like USB stick, AND
  2. you're running endpoint services like Roon Bridge, StylusEP, Squeezelite, or NAA.

Using this flag for running Roon Server or Stylus is not something I'd recommend, due to the crippled functionality.

Avoid the "Copy app data to RAM" option like the plague if you're booting off an internal drive, like Optane or other SSD. These devices can't be ejected anyway, so the whole point of this option is moot.

Wow, definitely do not play around with Ramroot until you read the KB article! I turned the option on while I was using Euphony Stylus. Big mistake! I thought I bricked my Euphony install, but fortunately, Željko came to my aid as soon as I requested assistance.