IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hi gents, without going into great detail i get the occasional blast of static /white noisesome times on my euphony trial.

Like an old untuned tv channel with the volume turned up, above the volume i was listening too.

Can last a few seconds to 20+... pause and play fixes it. 

Any one had this? Thoughts and fixes?🤔

Thank you regardless

Dave😁

Gents, I mentioned this on the big thread but got a little lost in the noise.(electrical)

Pursuing better power works  but removing/ reducing awitching noise internally really suprised me with adding some IFIi Silencers.  It felt like more of a jump going from windows to Euphony/ fanless. Real detail and depth...quite suprising . Nice re-listening to my music again, 

Mine is a single NUC celeron with now 3 silencers, so I dont know how effective they would be on a well supplied ATX MB/ Paul Hynes / Uptone/ HDplex set up. Or how affective the other USB PCI filters are  but ther inverse filtering part of the i Silencer worked really well on my 5V NUC bus that had a marginal effect on my other transports. 

I am only pushing because as they have returns if you try a couple cheap and want others to benefit as much as my set up has.

2 maybe the magic number i bought the third the next day so yet to decide...

Good luck

Dave

Same here, i tried my old one on the upstream cable and at best did little or nothing for the data sending reclock side of the Silencer. Its the 5v filter rebalance tech on the NUC 5v usb bus..

It was only I when removed it and placed it on an external drive and bought another from a suggestion of a poster. In an empty slot just to see if it did anything!... on a late night whim on Amazon..... 

NUC6CAYH using the back 2 slots near the PSU in.

I am cautious about posting when a suggestion means spending but i don't get the wow factor much.. it works for me, happy days and keep quiet...

I really wanted confirmation from single NUC users, that maybe aleady have one lying around and just Amazon another to trial... $49 isnt a 'Bartok' and pop it back in the post if you think Middy was talking rubbish out of his down stream port..😀 

I want someone to try but this wasn't a subtle change and other cheap IFI products have been. Greater than win10 to Euphony . 

My premise is the NUC internal DC to DC converter noise, larger ATX  PCs don't have and that better internal cabling/ Power supply helps them from What people here are saying. 

5v filtering isn't just the out going data +- / 5v gnd but in the NUCs case the whole motherboard well at least the bus i think..  

Euphony is running buffer and RAM root pre update trial. 

2 Uptone lps1s , ldvr dxp lt3045s, isolation transformer,  Qutest DAC, modded Sbooster ifi dc purifiers...

Only my headamp PSU to upgrade.

I don't get to add much benefit back to the community, i thought this is one time..

Good luck if you try...

Dave

I have a celeron NUC £120 that works fine but there is a hardware fingerprint that they have to change recorded on Euphony i believe to stop multiple machines. The current thinking on a nuc is caseless, high power, good power supply. Opinions change fast here and the big thread so apply common sense with a budget for you. Ram, ssd memory stick Euphony licence adds up....

Others should help with whats best.. x2 i Silencers worked for me on unused ports. But in general nuc euphony is the best sound i have had really happy for my low budget spending...

Good luck

Dave

• 1 month later...

I am glad i did with apacer DDR3. Maybe more detail than going fanless. Jumping up to 8G my usage went up from 3.5G to 5G??.

Be sensible with ram and mico electronics, its only a gentle push in and  2 clips but buy an ESD mat and wrist strap to a ground. Ground can be an old plug with one wire to earth.

I still think 2 ifi  i silencers helped but need more secondary evidence on other NUCs...

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, organics1 said:

Thanks Anwar.

I've been fumbling around for quite some time to make sense of this whole computer music scene. Can get a bit confusing at times. Nonetheless, it's exciting and most enjoyable. 

I am the same and i imagine a few are but your quote makes nice a metaphor for the majority of my life so far.... just a bit more depressing 

I am not sure if 0Z ram goes up beyond 8G as its what i have. 4G was at 3.5G 8 G, 5.5G. So i wonder if Euphony was just cashing more data as it was available? 

With computers i am one step away from sounding like my gran describe quantum mechanics from what she picked up from day time chat shows.

• 3 weeks later...