IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

I just ran the latest Euphony update and now the system is frozen at the pictured screenshot.  I don't know the logon name or password.  Would appreciate suggestions on how to proceed.  Thanks323110404_EuphonyHang.thumb.jpg.f93d7e685d91abce7f9de45f13c17227.jpg

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

Got it.  Thanks

SB88200 cable modem,  EdgeRouterX SFP router,  2 series PFU Buffalo BS-GS2016 switches w/ SR7T LPS and Finisar FTLX1475D3BTL SFPs, Taiko NetCard, JCAT USBCard XE w/ JCAT Optimo 3 Duo LPS;  DIY Taiko Extreme w/ Taiko DC-ATX, and Nenon design Level 3 supply;  Denafrips GAIA DDC w/ Revelation Audio Prophecy Cryro Silver I2S connection to Denafrips Terminator Plus DAC;  modified Pass Labs XP22 preamp,  Pass X600.8 monoblocks,  restored and modified Sound Lab M-1 electrostats with hot rod backplates

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

This OS update has resulted in a striking increase in detail, tonality, and PRAT in my system.  Highly recommended.

• 2 months later...

The latest system release was November 2, 2020 (v3.20201102)

• 1 year later...

I've saved the v3 fingerprint and license code and have now recorded the v4 trial fingerprint.  What is the procedure to get a discount for v3 users who buy a yearly license to replace their v3 with v4?

Thank you!

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, al2813 said:

Quick question to those running Euphony on NUC's. I am migrating my old server PC to a NUC to gain some space in my rack and a bit more power for my PC. For now I am still using the NUC original case and not moving it to a dedicated fanless. Are you keeping the WIFI/Bluetooth card connected or do you disconnect it (Obviously I will use only the Ethernet port)? 

I disconnect it.  It’s a cleaner build without it.  Be sure to use a Optane drive with a heat sink for your operating system.  It sounds much better than SATA or usb

29 minutes ago, Tokyokyoto said:

I am using a jcat Ethernet (with adapter). Unfortunately I can’t have both afaik. 

I just found this on Amaon for you.  It really will make quite a difference for you, unless your JCAT netcard adapter is using the M.2 slot on your board.  I suspect that your adapter is a conventional PCI riser, so you should be able to add this to your NUC with no problems.  If you can find a 32GB version of this at a good price, that would be even better.

Enjoy

image.jpeg.ada2fbc60e37a1ef8afca32b8d480df0.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is a usb wifi network dongle that is known to work with Euphony v4?  I want to set up a small bedroom system and there is no network hardwire connection there.