IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

8 hours ago, ArthurPower said:

Any Linux distro on the server is going to be better then windows

I thank Arthur for joining the group, welcome. 

In reading the discussion on Euphony, and its implementation on my current server and how to manage an install of Euphony. Currently has Win2016 Xeon based running Roon core. The audi files are on another server, so the media server pulls from that server.  Audio is over Ethernet direct to a Lumin U1 via a JCAT Network card. It 'sounds' out of the way, no real way of telling really what's responsible for the sound, but what I hear is very good, very happy with it. In evaluating the switch to Euphony what level of improvement can be expected?  Will bass better, better timing of delivery of bits to the U1, sound stage? 

Further.

The current Supermicro X10SAT server type motherboard supports 64bit versions of RedHat, Fedora, SuSe SLS, Ubuntu, Solaris & CentOS. How does Euphony sit in the range of OS, is it close to any of the Linux family? Would it support a server type motherboard and chipsets, graphic drivers..and on. Last thing I wish to do is change out a motherboard, RAM, that's "compatible".

Financially, I would need to pay for a licence for Euphony and Roon Server, not much change from USD1000 plus the hardware if applicable.  I would need some strong reasons for Euphony, against AudioLinux or leaving the system the way it is.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...