IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded and tested Euphony tonight, and I'm pleasantly surprised by the significant uptick in sonics. Funny thing is, I was very disappointed with what I was hearing, and it wasn't until I did the registration and plugged my registration code into Euphony that everything clicked into sonic gear. Did anyone notice this feature, or am I deluded?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I've come to the end of my 30 day Euphony trial period, and I've just purchased a permanent licence. 

Since I'm now tethered to Euphony for good, I'd like help on the one thing that's been bothering me. Each time I bypass booting into the Euphony OS in order to perform some tasks in Windows, when I get back into Euphony and connect to Roon, all my settings are missing. I need to reconnect my NAS drive, and have Roon import all files. I also need to reconnect to Qobuz and Tidal. Having to do this everytime is tedious. 

I'm wondering if this is normal functioning of the OS, am I missing something, or is there a workaround?

11 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

Hi, are you using Ramroot? I had this when I was using Roon. Each time Euphony was rebooted had to restore Roon’s backup file.

I cancelled my Roon due to SQ, I’ve been using Euphony media player for 3 months now, I’m very happy with that. 

Thanks for the response. Yes, I am using ramroot. I can experiment with not doing so and see if it solves the issue once I reboot. 

3 hours ago, davide256 said:

@adamaley I see the same thing trying to run Roon in RAM, not an issue in normal mode. But Euphony Stylus server resolves better so I only use Roon now

when I want to experiment or am curious about album/composer information. If your machine supports an Optane drive, thats a better route than running in RAM

Unfortunately, my Roon core are separate. My server/core is a PC in a separate room from my endpoint, which is an ultraRendu, so it precludes me from using Stylus as a player and I need to stick with Roon for now (based on my understanding of how Euphony works.) I am currently working on building a new server which will replace my PC (server/Roon core) and ultraRendu(endpoint), and be directly connected to my DAC.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, bos3812 said:

Hi all,

the problem seemes solved. After all it was a network problem. A few days ago my ISP installed a fix on my modem probably due to more complaints from other customers. That worked. From that moment not one single error did appear. It remains strange that playing music with Stylus and Tidal was flawless but playing music from Tidal with Roon caused a lot of errors. I guess I will never know. I am glad it is solved (hopefully). 

If you're in the US, could you share what modem you use?