IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

• 3 years later...

I have no experience with Euphony and wondering if its implementation/support of HQPe is similar to how roon handles it?  More specifically, I'm using an Aqua stack (La Scala opto MKII + LinQ along with the HQP modules) and if I wanted to try euphony would it recognize the LinQ / be supported?

My rig

@davide256 + @Yiakubou

Yes the LinQ is running NAA but it also contains HQPe core module its called (two indiv modules) - so roon sends it to LinQ and it does its thing > HQPe core module to the NAA module (so you can upsample pcm > dsd or whatever one wants).  My roon is on a dedicated Linux server box.

I do have a separate / dedicated HQPe wkst I was using to send to opticalRendu, so roon > HQPe wkst > OR > DAC. 

I'm not using that now since I got the aqua stack (which FWIW is freaking unbelievably good)

My rig

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 12:29 PM, davide256 said:

Hallelujah!  This didn't work for me under v3 but it sure looks like it will now... only option needed is allow control from network for HQP server

image.thumb.png.efd2dd4a0038a914daf1237d84a7f88a.png

This is encouraging (at least to my OP) in that it would appear this would work with the Aqua LinQ HQPe module - similar to how roon handles HQP.

I don't know how difficult Euphony/Stylus is to get up and running but I do have a spare SSD I could pop into a wkst and give the trial a try.

My rig