IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

12 minutes ago, sunny_time_99 said:

I don't understand in matter of sq, why to use a ssd?  Internal harddrive (hdd, ssd) with internal power suppy and connected to sata is a no-go also. If you spend so much money for a nuc7i7... Spend a bit more for external hdd and seperate power supply. You will never reach the top of what is possible, if you connect it to the internal heaters.

Kind regards

Sunny

Thanks, indeed I was being lazy, hoping that it is not so bad but I guess I will have to do it... You mean and external USB hard drive with separate PSU, right? Anything that you might recommend, will be appreciated?

Thanks guys, to be honest I was no lazy asking for advice, it was more of an analysis paralysis :)  I just want to start with something decent, not completely wrong so to say, now I plan to do it that way - buy an internal SSD to run the Euphony Stylus as well as an external HDD with PS and then place the same songs on the SSD and the HDD and try both and then on the next stage of tests try booting from USB and use the external storage. It is such a pity I cannot use Optane with the DNBE :( 

But let me thank everybody, especially @bobfa for sharing so much info, that gave me the courage to dive in the ocean of stuff I had always avoided. Sometimes we do not need much, just a word to give us powers, much appreciated guys!

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

You can, in m.2 form factor.

Well, I am almost computer illiterate... I checked Intel site and they had a list of NUCs and the DNBE was not there and I decided I am out of chance. Could you please, please give me a link for something that might work, I am that desperate... Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Dutch said:

I guess I misunderstood, I thought you already own a DNBE motherboard! :)

Anyway, Bobfa already answered where you could get and configure one. I’m not from the USA so don’t know that market.

I do have the DNBE, I just got lost in all the options... It is all clear now, I hope in the next few weeks I will make it work and report, I wish I had more time.

But I will be able to use the Dutch&Dutch 8Cs(simply great, those Dutch ;) ) with the Mutec 3+ USB with a separate LPS. Hopefully the Euphony will be compatible with a firewire card so I can try the Weiss INT202 as well, it is one helluva AES EBU source...