IGNORED

Euphony OS w/Stylus player setup and issues thread

Hey Nenon,

Thank you for a your insight about matching the PC with the playback software, but perhaps you didn’t look my post and my PC setup, which is about as modern as you can get, save the Intel persistent memory RAM ;). But high performance with very high grade ECC RAM modules and high grade linear power supply. 

Just food for thought,

Todd

Hi Bob,

I really do feel like my posts are about what variables might be hindering me from getting the most out of Euphony. I am not proposing in the least that my mind is made up optimizing my music playback software. So I’ll only post things relating to maximizing Stylus ;) 

Todd

Hey Chopin75 and austinpop(Rajiv)

Thank you very much for the additional insight on some Stylus tuning tips. I will give them a try. Also, I probably for my own piece of mind purchase, will purchase the license, just to make sure I’m getting the most out of Euphony. At our level of reproduction every little change seems noticeable. I know I’ve recently gone optical between my USB DD converter into the M-Scaler and dual BNC to optical and back from it to the Dave (OptoDX) and a second optical out of the M-Scaler to my digital crossover for my mid bass and subwoofer amps, So no doubt that RF, EMI, leakage currents, all play a large part in computer playback based systems. 

PC tuning for specific hardware and software is definitely part of the puzzle, even if it there seems to still be trade offs from one setting to another! I expect that my learning curve for tuning streamlined Linux based software will be way quicker than Windows ;) !

Hi Chopin75,

I would suggest you read about Rob Watts Chord Electronics M-Scaler. Pretty much cutting edge up scaling that feeds 768k PCM through dual BNC to Chord’s Dave or Hugo TT2 DAC’s. It is agnostic to  Linux, Windows or MAC OS. Many users here use is with Euphony Stylus, including austinpop. I’ve yet to hear any PC based upscaling that approaches its performance. But to stay on topic for Bob, let’s suffice to say other well respected users of it that post here are using It with Stylus which is what sparked my curiosity.

BTW each component I have is currently additive to my systems sound quality, I assure at this current juncture there is no part of my chain that I would remove.(I always leave components in for multiple days of listening and then remove them for multiple listening days.) Most of what I have in my post PC chain is well documented with worldwide positive feedback. Are there other options, you bet, with different engineering methodologies by different manufacturers such as DCS, EMM Labs or MBL but all are current state-of-the-art digital music reproduction.