Ishmael Slapowitz

Any Chick Corea (solo) fans?

Rate this topic

any fellow forum members who appreciate Chick Corea solo albums (not solo performances, just not co-billed)...

I especially like his early to mid 70's period, with albums like My Spanish Heart, The Mad Hatter, Friends, etc.

Also his 90's resurgence...great artist!

Does Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea count? :)  If so, then _Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy_.  

The Leprechaun is also fun, in a weird sort of way... (grin) 

16 hours ago, Paul R said:

Does Return to Forever featuring Chick Corea count? :)  If so, then _Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy_.  

The Leprechaun is also fun, in a weird sort of way... (grin) 

i will give you that one! Technically not "solo", but great music none the less.😃

4 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

well I have 8 albums with him on it, but only 1 is close to solo (Trilogy, so it is off by 2)

what am I missing in w.r.t. to solo music?

He had a period in the 70's with a nice run...Friends, My Spanish Heart, The Mad Hatter, The Leprechaun, all good stuff, and an really excellent taste 60's album with a stellar cast, Inner Space, 

20 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

Thx - I'll check those out.  I have the Joe Farrell, RTF, & John McLaugghlin albums that he's on.

He also had somewhat of a Renaissance over the past decade as well...lots of superb collaborations and thematic recordings. Even Chinese Butterfly from 2017 is a trip!

https://www.allmusic.com/artist/chick-corea-mn0000110541/discography