TubeLover

Roon Seems To Be Confused About Subscriptions

Rate this topic

Earlier today, I re-subscribed to Roon for one year (after my 60 day trial was expiring). Almost immediately I received a confirmation e-mail. When I loogged on to e-mail, just a bit ago, eight hours later, I have not one, but two e-mails from Roon saying they are sorry to see me go? Someones not on top of things.

I've forwarded them the confirmation e-mail, but I've never seen this happen before. And, to help things out, they have no phone number for customer service. Of course, you can e-mail them, but I hardly feel e-mail only is sufficient for an actual company of any size. 

JC

I have no idea what to tell you, every time I email them I get a return to sender email back, with a spam warning...  Maybe I tried emailing them too much 😉 .  It only happens when I reply to their email, if I use the web form it works every time.

5 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I have no idea what to tell you, every time I email them I get a return to sender email back, with a spam warning...  Maybe I tried emailing them too much 😉 .  It only happens when I reply to their email, if I use the web form it works every time.

Roon support doesn’t work by email. You go to their community site and flag @support. That’s how you get support. I’m guessing that if you look there for subscription problems, incidents like yours are already mentioned. 

1 hour ago, firedog said:

Roon support doesn’t work by email. You go to their community site and flag @support. That’s how you get support. I’m guessing that if you look there for subscription problems, incidents like yours are already mentioned. 

Thanks for the information, as always, it's appreciated. But how exactly would anyone be expected to know that? Roon certainly doesn't give any hint of it. This is why I normally refuse tor deal with companies who have no phone number for support. Thank god there are almost none of those that I have come across. 

I've searched the support portion of the Roon community site and can find nothing related to this. I did leave a post there. Now I sit here, unable to listen to music both last night, and today, until a company I cannot even contact directly hopefully sees my post in one of their forums, and corrects it. Thats a pathetic excuse for customer service!

JC

25 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Thanks for the information, as always, it's appreciated. But how exactly would anyone be expected to know that? Roon certainly doesn't give any hint of it.

Did you go to the Roon web site and look at how to contact them?

https://roonlabs.com/contact.html

Right there they give a link to a support page AND to the Roon community forums.

Yes, I saw that note about "looking for help in their forum". Instead, logically, I chose to respond to their e-mail (from [email protected]) with the forwarded copy of the confirmation e-mail expecting that would provide the easiest solution. How would someone know that would not provide a response? 

JC

I empathize with your plight. 

I don't think Roon is as big of a company as you imagine it is.  Posting on the support forum and tagging @support is the way to get help and as a lifetime customer, they've been very responsive to issues of all sorts.  One might not see eye to eye on philosophy but they'll get this sorted for you.  In the meantime, have you tried rebooting your Core?  Also, try signing out and back in via the client.  

Expect more of this business/customer service model in future.

16 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Yes, I saw that note about "looking for help in their forum". Instead, logically, I chose to respond to their e-mail (from [email protected]) with the forwarded copy of the confirmation e-mail expecting that would provide the easiest solution. How would someone know that would not provide a response? 

JC

I see they got back to very quickly once you posted your issue on the support forum.

3 minutes ago, diecaster said:

I see they got back to very quickly once you posted your issue on the support forum.

They did get back to me quickly. However, it was simplify to notify me that they flagged it for their account team to look at, and that I would hear from them when it had worked through their queue to them!  

Don't get me wrong. I love Roon, and find it vastly superior to anything else available. I'm just not too thrilled with their support model. Yes, they are likely a smaller company, but I have a friend who owns a company with a total of fifteen employees and someone answers his support phone line at any time. It's not rocket science. I also agree that this model will almost certainly become more common in the future, but it's driven simply by cost cutting measures and not something intended to provide the level of support people expect when having purchased a product. 

JC

42 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Yes, they are likely a smaller company, but I have a friend who owns a company with a total of fifteen employees and someone answers his support phone line at any time. It's not rocket science.

I guess it depends on ratio of number of customers vs employees... And maybe phone lines would have some time zone challenges, given that customers are all across the globe...

Having 24/7 phone support line without queues would most certainly have notable impact on subscription price.

35 minutes ago, Miska said:

I guess it depends on ratio of number of customers vs employees... And maybe phone lines would have some time zone challenges, given that customers are all across the globe...

Having 24/7 phone support line without queues would most certainly have notable impact on subscription price.

A good point, Miska.

And I happy to note that Roon just followed up, they have addressed the issue, and all is well. 

JC

2 hours ago, TubeLover said:

Thanks for the information, as always, it's appreciated. But how exactly would anyone be expected to know that? Roon certainly doesn't give any hint of it. This is why I normally refuse tor deal with companies who have no phone number for support. Thank god there are almost none of those that I have come across. 

I've searched the support portion of the Roon community site and can find nothing related to this. I did leave a post there. Now I sit here, unable to listen to music both last night, and today, until a company I cannot even contact directly hopefully sees my post in one of their forums, and corrects it. Thats a pathetic excuse for customer service!

JC

No, they actively watch the forum and respond to posts. If you went to the support forum and flagged @support, you should get an answer in a reasonable amount time.