IGNORED

Shootout at the Linux Corral: AudioLinux vs Euphony

Well done! You guys have really captured my interest in Euphony! Right now, I'm just using a Raspberry Pi with an Allo Digi-One into a Chord Hugo 2. A couple quick questions for your collective minds here...

Is bobfa testing/experiments going back and forth between AL and Euphony on his Roon endpoint or on his Roon core server?

What would be the best NUC to use for creating a Roon Endpoint, that will NOT be doing any oversampling? In this use scenario, is there a SQ difference between an i3 or an i5 or an i7 based NUC?  Is there a SQ difference between NUC6, NUC7 or NUC8s?  Is there a SQ difference between M.2 versus SSD based NUCs? Thanks very much for any thoughts and guidance you might have.  

Right now, my Roon Core is running on a Mac Mini.  The suggested idea of special version of Euphony for Roon users only (without Stylus), but with an adjusted price would be fantastic.

I can't wait to give all of this a try.  Keep up the great conversation! I'm hanging on every word!

• 2 months later...

I'm running the latest Euphony in Roon/StylusEP mode from a USB stick on a single NUCi3 and with all music files on a networked MacMIni. It sounds great and is it is a clear improvement over my previous single-NUC Roon/Stylus (standard) configuration. I'm so happy with Euphony! I looked at my "Use Flac Compression Flag" and it was set to On (in my case by default).