IGNORED

Shootout at the Linux Corral: AudioLinux vs Euphony

2 hours ago, kravi4ka said:

Hi Bob,

I expressed interest in the other thread, I would be very interested in your results as I just managed to buy one of the few NUC7I7DNBE boards around :) So I need to decide what OS to go for, it is not about savings,it's more about not being able to perform that comparison myself as I am totally Linux illiterate...

Euphony looks like everything I need except that for the price it should be actually fool proof for someone like me. But if it sounds at least as good as the Audiolinux and it works with ROON and HQplayer then it might be worth it.

Looking forward to your first impressions, thanks so much for all the hard work and most of all for sharing, appreciated!

My Pinkfaun streamer runs onAudiolinux, with Roonas the music management system and  player, with HQembedded.

So noreason to lok at another Linux OS.

I have bought this as a complete solution/package,and and I am extremely delighted with this combo, delivering a high quality music system.

Without all the hassles of Windows.

I am not playing  with Linux as an OS at all - just moved away from Windows not to be bothered with computer OS.

I can appreciate the freedom of Linux to build in fact one’s own OS, but I wonder why there is so much ‘competition’ in this market.

Why are the people active in this area not work together (which is the aim of open source software) to come up with a joined ultimate ‘Audio OS’ ?

Dirk