IGNORED

Shootout at the Linux Corral: AudioLinux vs Euphony

11 hours ago, Dev said:

I haven't bought anything yet. I would like to try it first as its quiet expensive to start with. The problem is I can't do apples to apples comparison with AL and without wifi. I have found wifi setup to be far superior in my setup than the ethernet on AL. I shot a mail yesterday to Euphony asking about it but no reply yet. 

Let us know if you get a reply from customer service.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, Dev said:

I got a one liner response.

"Sorry, we do not and don't plan to support wifi connections."

No further explanation given.

I tied to run the trial version. Here is what I found

1. the voucher code wouldn't work. It stops all the services after a short time. So if you are using Roon and have not register the trail, it would stop the server after a couple of minutes and then you would have to restart it.

2. Looks like when using the Stylus app I can't point the library to the external USB drive though the drives are seen and mounted. Not sure if its the limitation of the Trial or not. I have again asked by email.

3. The license is tied to h/w fingerprint. So if you are using a server/streamer model, and need to run Euphony on both, then you need two license. Quiet expensive in my opinion.

4. The inability to look inside a Linux system and drop to a shell will be frustrating for those Linux geeks who likes to peek inside and tweak things. 

5. I haven't yet critically compared the SQ with AL, though from what I can tell using Euphony for couple of minutes with Roon, they are both close.

I faced same thing on your point no.2 and I will try to ask them if this limited to paid license.

On 3/28/2019 at 7:26 PM, Dev said:

I got a one liner response.

"Sorry, we do not and don't plan to support wifi connections."

No further explanation given.

I tied to run the trial version. Here is what I found

1. the voucher code wouldn't work. It stops all the services after a short time. So if you are using Roon and have not register the trail, it would stop the server after a couple of minutes and then you would have to restart it.

2. Looks like when using the Stylus app I can't point the library to the external USB drive though the drives are seen and mounted. Not sure if its the limitation of the Trial or not. I have again asked by email.

3. The license is tied to h/w fingerprint. So if you are using a server/streamer model, and need to run Euphony on both, then you need two license. Quiet expensive in my opinion.

4. The inability to look inside a Linux system and drop to a shell will be frustrating for those Linux geeks who likes to peek inside and tweak things. 

5. I haven't yet critically compared the SQ with AL, though from what I can tell using Euphony for couple of minutes with Roon, they are both close.

I faced same thing on your point no.2 and I will try to ask them if this limited to paid license.

• 1 year later...