IGNORED

Qobuz Sonos Integration

Sonos now supports Qobuz.  

This is my current Sonos system:   Wireless from my router to a Sonos Bridge.  The Bridge is connected to my amplifier.  

I do not think the wireless connection is "CD quality".   It is fine for background music but not critical listening. 

I would guess that a $20. per month Qobuz subscription would be a waste of money, I would be paying for CD quality, but getting a wireless compromise.

Or am I wrong.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Sonos is all wifi and is capable of lossless CD quality audio, it just doesn't support hi-res. My understanding is that the Connect was originally bit perfect, but this is no longer the case with recent firmware upgrades as some sort of DSP is always applied to the signal.

Not sure about the Bridge because it only has ethernet ports and has long since been discontinued.

13 hours ago, new_media said:

Sonos is all wifi and is capable of lossless CD quality audio, it just doesn't support hi-res. My understanding is that the Connect was originally bit perfect, but this is no longer the case with recent firmware upgrades as some sort of DSP is always applied to the signal.

Not sure about the Bridge because it only has ethernet ports and has long since been discontinued.

Thanks.   I guess I should have called the device I connect to my amp a "sonos connect".   It is a WiFi receiver, I use the RCA cable from the connect to the Tuner inputs on the amp.  

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

Sonos was never promoted to be a high end product. I use a number of them to distribute music throughout the house and never once do I listen and think “man this sounds awful”. It’s a midfi product line that is reliable and plays pretty much any music service (or your own ripped library) you can think of. 

David