vortecjr

Sonore opticalModule

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, lateboomer said:

If opticalmodule can give significant improvement I could get one and use back my existing tplink fmc. 

That’s the way to do it. 

The possible other option would cost you around $600 😀

But, what haven’t been much talked about yet, is if in order to achieve what you expect, you may need a good power supply.

Yes, very much looking forward to the product. I have very good power supply. My brother and I perfect our power supply started from LPS and now the final one is SMPS. For the first time we could play Allo Usbridge like high end CD transport, very analog sounding and generally immune from quality of coming in power line. Only we don't know how good it is compared with ultra capacitor type of LPS.

1 hour ago, lateboomer said:

Is direct bridging doable between server and endpoint with opticalmodule connected between them and Ethernet switch is not in between but is connected to other port at the server? 

Yes - that helps minimize noise on both the server and endpoint. 

two-channel system
source:  intel nuc8i5 (audiolinux, roon core) > intel nuc6i5 (win10, ao, fidelizer pro, dirac live, roon) > schiit yggdrasil (gen 5, analog 2)
amplification:  axiom ii walker mod xlr > parasound a21 > monitor audio gx100s
headphone system
source:  intel nuc8i5 (audiolinux, roon core) > intel nuc7i5 (audiolinux, roon) > schiit gungnir multibit (gen 5)
phones:  mjolnir audio kgsshv (400v) > stax sr-l700

23 hours ago, vortecjr said:

This could work. We were offering a generic Optical Starter Kit which was conceived because we thought the opticalRendu would be ready much sooner than the opticalModule. Now that both the opticalRendu and opticalModule will come out about the same time we opted to remove the generic Optical Starter Kit and just offer an opticalModule.

I placed my order for the opticalRendu  almost as soon as it was offered. I also ordered (and paid for) the Starter Kit. If you’ve discontinued it what happens to my order now?

4 hours ago, lateboomer said:

Is direct bridging doable between server and endpoint with opticalmodule connected between them and Ethernet switch is not in between but is connected to other port at the server? 

Yes, I have this working with my Mac as follow. 

Internet via WiFi <- Mac -> optical cable -> opticalRendu