IGNORED

Sonore opticalModule v0.95 - discontinued

21 minutes ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

Can anyone confirm the current demands for the opticalModule at 5v?  

This is going to be somewhat dependent on the sample rate one is streaming.  And boot up is going to require more current than running it.  We recommend a power supply capable of 1A output at 5VDC.  In use while streaming DSD 256 (4x) I have about 500 mA current use.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Just now, barrows said:

This is going to be somewhat dependent on the sample rate one is streaming.  And boot up is going to require more current than running it.  We recommend a power supply capable of 1A output at 5VDC.  In use while streaming DSD 256 (4x) I have about 500 mA current use.

Just received an Allo Shanti with both 5v/1A and 5v/3A so will give both a try in time.  I'm running DSD 512 so likely on the higher side I guess (50mbit/s).

32 minutes ago, guiltyboxswapper said:

Just received an Allo Shanti with both 5v/1A and 5v/3A so will give both a try in time.  I'm running DSD 512 so likely on the higher side I guess (50mbit/s).

The 1A supply will be entirely adequate.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 6:20 AM, vortecjr said:

Call for testers

Is anyone interested in testing the following connection scheme and providing feedback here on CA?

Router - cable Ethernet - microRendu or ultraRendu   

versus

Router - cable Ethernet - opticalModule with linear supply - cable Ethernet - microRendu or ultraRendu

You will need a gigabit only RJ-45 SFP transceiver

https://amzn.to/2XbBAJA

I tried the RJ-45 SFP  transceiver on the link without any luck.

32 minutes ago, JeffSal said:

Thanks however Im using the RJ45 adapter not fiber. I used the amazon link provided on the post. 

Ethernet to OpticalModual to RJ45 adapter Ethernet out to UltraRendu to DAC.

The RJ45 transceiver is 1000 speed only. I just tested connecting the RJ45 transceiver to the router and the regular RJ45 to a ultraRendu. This is working fine for me. 

When do the “preorder for Feb 20th” units actually ship?  I’m eager to get mine.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

4 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

It's looking like the end of the month now.

😥 ok thanks for the update 

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

I've noticed that when using Roon the orange light on my two opticalModules stays on continuously, even when playing 16/44 files. I have two other renderers here and when streaming to each, the orange light flashes. Any idea why I'm seeing this and does it mean anything as far as RAAT goes? I ask because I am still trying to determine why Roon sounds so bad in my set up, wondering if RAAT is overloading something in my network.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

9 minutes ago, Axiom05 said:

I've noticed that when using Roon the orange light on my two opticalModules stays on continuously, even when playing 16/44 files. I have two other renderers here and when streaming to each, the orange light flashes. Any idea why I'm seeing this and does it mean anything as far as RAAT goes? I ask because I am still trying to determine why Roon sounds so bad in my set up, wondering if RAAT is overloading something in my network.

Sounds like something is wrong, you should have a solid green light on the oMs.  I am no Networking expert though...  What is the Network path?  Note the oM needs to be using Gigabit devices.

Nice system BTW!

SONORE computer audio

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The Green light needs to be on as well. I’m currently showing my father-in-law how to use a system I set up for him streaming via Shairport and the orange light stays on as well. 

Yes, one light is always on, looks more yellow than green to me. The orange light is the one that usually flashes on & off. I don’t think anything is wrong with oM units, just different behavior with Roon. I guess there is nothing sinister going on with RAAT. Thanks for responses. 

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, seaharp1 said:

Mine is coming in tomorrow 3/5/20 usps. 

Mine too - yeah!!