IGNORED

Bricasti Model 3 DAC

I wrote to Bricasti as a result of this posting and learnt that older M3s can be upgraded for $700, with the price rising after July 1st. As it turned out though, my unit has the new board already. I had been restricting output from Roon via my Lumin U1 to DSD128 believing that to be the limit. However, lifting the output ceiling to DSD256 and lifting the PCM to enable that level of DoP, then upsampling output to DSD256 I get... nothing. I'm in touch with Lumin about this, but any clues for troubleshooting would be welcome.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Yes, and the Lumin identifies the type of DAC automatically and decides it's DoP. Lumin has sent me a set of questions to ask Bricasti, which I've forwarded to them. I have to say I was completely satisfied with DSD128 over DoP from Roon/Lumin and might end up ruing the day I learnt about the DSD256 option!

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

Rather frustratingly the detailed app info on the Lumin website shows an option for switching to Native, but this hasn't existed for some time and automatic recognition has supposedly removed the need for it... You're right, I should stop trying to be the middleman. Once Bricasti gets back to me with the requested info and I pass it to Lumin, I'll suggest they work on it without going through a non-technician.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, confirming, and it sounds just excellent. I've had to go away for a few days so yet to do extended critical listening – I'll report later.