IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Yes. This seems to apply (mostly) to new additions to the library 

Mac Mni > Audirvana+ > Lifatec toslink > Chord Hugo2 > Auditorium 23 > Linn LK-280 > Auditorium 23 > Luna Gris jumpers > Linn Kaber

Luna Gris headphone cable > Dan Clark Audio Æon RT Closed

On 3/12/2020 at 6:00 AM, eenecho said:

Yes. This seems to apply (mostly) to new additions to the library 

Also, when you make changes to an album name, for instance in Apple Music, the old entries are still there but not working anymore. I guess Damien is working on this, but it seems to be quite difficult to solve.

There is something rather perverse about issuing an update of a well kent software which changes everything around and then gives you no clues about how to use it. I have had Audirvana 3.5 as an upgrade for a few weeks and I still do not know how to add a track to a Qobuz playlist or how to add album artwork by dragging and dropping, among several recurring frustrations. It sounds great but I resent the considerable amount of time I am spending trying to figure it all out. I am not an idiot and can work things out when they are intuitively contrived but how hard would it be to offer a simple guide, like Audirvana 2 had? Perhaps adapting the original.

I saw someone else asked a similar question about five pages back and it was not answered but was swamped by comments which did not address the question. It is all very well trying to offload the burden of guidebook support to forums but I get the impression there is an assumption that people have hours available to sift through buckets full of "stuff" and chat, in the hope of finding a simple solution, more by chance than design. No doubt the answers to some of my questions will be sooo simple, people will wonder at my stupidity but where to find them...

I have been using Audirvana for several years and I never liked the way it handled the meta data. The best thing to do is buy a little program named Yate and handle the meta data there. Also if you don’t want doubles or bad search results think carefully what structure you are going to use. E.g. for the title use Bach, J.S., Brandenburg Concertos or Beethoven, L. van, The Symphonies. If you have multiple interpretations of the same work use e.g. Beethoven, L. van, (Brüggen) The Symphonies, etc. Soundwise Audirvana is maybe the best program out there, both the program and the app are easy to use to find and play music if you did your meta data homework. Correct meta data is a prerequisite for all programs though, not only for Audirvana. 

Hi Donald. Thanks for responding. I usually manage to capture all the metadata when ripping with XLD or, if I have to do surgery, I use the oddly named Kid3 but it is handy to just tweak things when in Audirvana, especially if I have had to pull the artwork from Amazon or Discogs. It is what I have done in all the time I have used Audirvana and though it was always a bit flaky, as you say, it was the kind of flaky you get to know and forgive. 

I agree, searching requires a bit of cleverness to get where you need to be. I also agree that, after years of trying lots of different players, Audirvana in direct mode is the best one I have heard; I love it. However, I seem to have got drawn into a discussion that does not answer the question of how to add a track to a Qobuz playlist, nor how to drag and drop artwork in Audirvana 3.5   :0)

Hi Drew,

I am sorry, I cannot help you with Tidal. Clearly it must be different from the way you do it in Audirvana with ‘normal’ music files 😅
But also with Yate it is easy to add, change or remove artwork in Audirvana. The two really complement each other. Go to the original file with Yate on your Mac and change whatever metadata you like. 

22 hours ago, mevdinc said:

Hi @damien78,

I'm still experiencing automatic TIDAL login problems when Audirvana is relaunched after a restart of my Mac Mini. Each time I have to manually log into TIDAL.

Thanks.
Mev

This looks like the TIDAL authorization data are not stored correctly in your library database, and thus not restored correctly upon next startup.

Maybe this one is damaged? Can you check its integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

14 hours ago, damien78 said:

This looks like the TIDAL authorization data are not stored correctly in your library database, and thus not restored correctly upon next startup.

Maybe this one is damaged? Can you check its integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

Just completed the integrity check and it says OK.

If I just restart Audirvana there's no problem with the TIDAL logging.
But whenever I restart my Mac Mini Audirvana fails to connect to TIDAL, it comes up with an error.
And then I do a manual connect it takes me to the TIDAL logging window in my browser.
Screenshots attached.

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

19 hours ago, damien78 said:

🥳🥳 Damien is back, so party 🥳 🥳 time. Hopefully he will answer the other questions too 🙏 Thanks 😊 in advance!

On 3/18/2020 at 3:20 PM, DonaldM said:

I have been using Audirvana for several years and I never liked the way it handled the meta data. The best thing to do is buy a little program named Yate and handle the meta data there.

I haven't used Yale so I can't comment on it, but I downloaded the free version of Metadatics a couple years ago and it's been a fairly powerful and easy to use tool for editing metadata.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

25 minutes ago, audiocanyon said:

I haven't used Yale so I can't comment on it, but I downloaded the free version of Metadatics a couple years ago and it's been a fairly powerful and easy to use tool for editing metadata.

Yate with a 't' (Yah-tay) by 2 Many Robots. $20 bucks but with a 14-day free trial.

It's a great program - very easy and intuitive, but with a lot of automating / programming power if you dig in. (Good support and constantly being updated, too.)

Hi all,

If I want to use an AU effect such as SonEQ, I can obviously configure the effect before playing any music. If I set it up for Realtime Control and start playback, then the effect window reduces in size which requires scrolling to see all the options. SonEQ is a good example of the problem as it has a fairly wide console and it's really important to be able to see all the settings, but I am finding this is not possible.

Am I missing something that would allow me to display the whole console, or is this a bug?

Thanks

On 3/25/2020 at 3:25 PM, S.Magus said:

Damien, could you please resolve a little mistery for me? I used to have Maximum Sample Rate (by mistake) set to 44.1 The Forced Upsampling switch is always kept deactivated on my machine because my NOS dac like it that way. When I noticed the other day that MSR is set to 44.1 I changed it to No Limit and to my ears the sound got much better (and not just on hi-res material). Q: Does the MSR limiter kick in even when redbook is played, or just hi-res? If it does, that would explain my earlier objections to v3.5, which I'm certain were not imagined, but which I no longer have, since flicking that switch to No Limit. Now everything is in place and the sound is super good. Actually, I love it. 

1827224820_ScreenShot2020-03-25at13_52_03.png.f7cfda462d26b65b5dadc0edce2cfb99.png

Just for clarification:

Do you use Audrvana via UPnP or via direct USB out?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

On 3/26/2020 at 5:31 PM, S.Magus said:

HI Matt, I'm going USB out of MacMini and into a USB bridge. Thanks, Simon

Hi Simon, this is a little off your topic, but do you have a digiOne (Signature) HAT connected to your USB Bridge/Raspberry Pi device? Or how are you connecting your dac to the USB Bridge? Thanks, Rick

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

3 hours ago, rruffin said:

Hi Simon, this is a little off your topic, but do you have a digiOne (Signature) HAT connected to your USB Bridge/Raspberry Pi device? Or how are you connecting your dac to the USB Bridge? Thanks, Rick

Hi Rick, I'm not using digiOne but Singxer SU-1 which I connect to my DAC via HDMA. Since the MSR function is to downsample to whatever level you select, I thought that the limiter, with all its processing power, would not be invoked unless the file native sample rate is above the selected limit. In other words, when I play redbook material I would expect that the signal should clean bypass the MSR limiter, which in that case has no downsampling to do on the file. But I've no idea if that's how things work. It could be that in order for the limiter to recognize the sample rate, it has to process the signal in some way first. If so, that might explain why I disliked 3.5 until I changed the MSR setting to 'no limit'. (I also changed the PLL setting in my DAC around the same time, so it could also be that.) I hope I'm making myself clear enough. Or maybe I'm not? 

• 3 weeks later...