IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

In 3.5.25, I'm having issues with my new Logitech Master keyboard and Master MX Mouse.  The keyboard controls on my MacBook (Mojave) work fine in Audirvana, but the external keyboard's next and previous keys do not work (the volume mute and level keys do  work).  The mouse buttons are configurable by application, and I can program buttons for volume level, mute, and play/pause, but next and previous do not work in Audirvana (they do work fine with iTunes and Qobuz).

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files

Audirvana has access.  I had a Logitech solar keyboard before, which worked fine.  This new one doesn't!

Audio-Technica DSR5BT; Audio-Technica ATH-WP900 (balanced); FOCAL Clear (balanced); OPPO PM-3 (Double Helix Molecule 2.0 balanced cable); KEF M500; KEF Space One
OPPO HA-1; MERIDIAN Explorer2; MERIDIAN Explorer; & AUDIOQUEST Jitterbugs 
SONY NW-WM1A (Double Helix Molecule SE balanced cable for OPPO PM-3)
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY Incline speakers & ProSub800 subwoofer
MacBook Pro Retina 15" (13,3); Audirvana Plus 3.x; & AIFF files

I am seeing many duplicate albums when browsing Qobuz FAVORITES. Each time I open Favorites…the duplicated albums change. I have uninstalled the Audirvana app, reinstalled/signed in and out of Qobuz/restarted the app/restarted my iMac/deleted the sqlite file from Library/ecc. ecc. In other words, I’ve tried everything. I have the same problem using the Qobuz plugin in LMS. The Qobuz desktop app does not have this problem, nor does the Qobuz web player. This problem started when the 500 favorites limit was finally raised to show beyond 500 albums. Any ideas?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

On 10/26/2019 at 10:15 PM, bnbayer said:

A glitch (iPad only): if you approach a playlist from the Playlists screen, the little navigation alphabet appears as it should. HOWEVER, if you go into a title from the playlist, then go back to the full list, you get the album grid but NO NAVIGATION alphabet. (Hope that is semi-coherent...)

More worryingly still is the continued absence of the alphabet bar, on iphone, in Albums view. 

Another glitch finds the Remote app shutting down on you when you hit 'prune queue' in the list view. Also, if you're on the last song playing in the queue and you try to return to the list view (the little icon in the top right corner) the Remote shuts down immediately. So to avoid that issue you need to add some item to the queue before returning to the queue list view. 

Also missing from the previous itteration of the app is the touch on album feature that pops up the horizontal option menue: play album, play next, add to play queue. That feature was very useful. Instead you now have to touch to open the album list so that you can pick from the three dots drop down menue the desired option. Refresh rate is also nowhere as fast as the old app. But the lack of the alphabet bar for fast genre picking in Album view is the most serious omission - that really must be fixed urgently. I'm still using the old app because of all those other issues but no aphabet bar thing affects both, old and new remote. So, it's obviously a glitch that came with v3.5 and requires a solution within 3.5. I wonder if I'm the only one experiencing these issues? 

On 11/14/2019 at 2:45 PM, davidovada said:

I am seeing many duplicate albums when browsing Qobuz FAVORITES. Each time I open Favorites…the duplicated albums change. I have uninstalled the Audirvana app, reinstalled/signed in and out of Qobuz/restarted the app/restarted my iMac/deleted the sqlite file from Library/ecc. ecc. In other words, I’ve tried everything. I have the same problem using the Qobuz plugin in LMS. The Qobuz desktop app does not have this problem, nor does the Qobuz web player. This problem started when the 500 favorites limit was finally raised to show beyond 500 albums. Any ideas?

iMac - iTunes(AIFF) - Squeeze 7.9- QOBUZ flac streamer - Vodafone Revolution Router - Transporter - Pathos Classic One MkIII - JM/Focal Daline 3 - dhLabs & Xindak xlr cables - Mapleshade header and footers - AppleTV3

3 hours ago, S.Magus said:

More worryingly still is the continued absence of the alphabet bar, on iphone, in Albums view. 

The alphabet bar is present working on my iPhone (and iPad). I think my October post was before I updated the app to 2.1

I am having the app crash when I try to look at the play queue after the last track has played.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Just wanted to remark that I’ve been running Audirvana 24 hours a day for 5 days breaking in new equipment (shuffle mostly, occasionally selecting a specific track), and reliability has been excellent. I think the remote got stuck without being able to go to the next song one time, that’s it. (I did notice a couple of times the wrong album covers showing in a playlist on the remote app, but scrolling the viewport fixed that.)

Very nice to have everything work near perfectly for over 100 hours!

So what’s the new equipment you are burning in?

😀

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

5 hours ago, bnbayer said:

The alphabet bar is present working on my iPhone (and iPad). I think my October post was before I updated the app to 2.1

I am having the app crash when I try to look at the play queue after the last track has played.

Interesting. I did my remote and my dektop update yesterday and the bar is not there. Could it be for the fact that I'm using a small 4 inch iPhone? But then v3.4. doesn't seem to mind it. I'll try uninstalling the remote and re-downloading it. 

Update: I've just reinstalled the remote on my iphone and bingo, the long missing alphabet bar is back! Thanks bnbayer for inspiring me to go and do it! Should;ve thought of it earlier, really. I'm really happy about this one!

Update 2: Something is definitely not working. The bar is only available when Title > Artist and Artist > Title sort option are chosen. It disappears when Genre option is selected. I don't get it at all. 

On 10/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, mazuly said:

This Album just sounds amazing streaming through Audirvana:

https://tidal.com/album/102396785
My new reference recording.

Thank you very much for the introduction to Dominique Fils-Amie. Very impressive sounding music with a message. I hope to hear a non-compressed version soon...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Plus 3.5/DigiOne Signature Player/MSB Gold Link III DAC (external Monolithic PS)/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/stereo Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

9 hours ago, matthias said:

EtherRegen?

I bet 😀

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

6 hours ago, bobbmd said:

anyone having problems with A+3.5 today in USA?

keep having to relog into TIDAL and Qobuz repeatedly and if i play a playlist of mine in either one only plays one song or two then stops doesn't crash but have to restart it repeatedly

Not seeing any issue with Qobuz last few hours. I'm playing albums so maybe you have some issue there.

11 hours ago, rruffin said:

Thank you very much for the introduction to Dominique Fils-Amie. Very impressive sounding music with a message. I hope to hear a non-compressed version soon...

Just downloaded a aiff version from Bandcamp. No comparison in the sound quality. Run, do not walk to Bandcamp...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Plus 3.5/DigiOne Signature Player/MSB Gold Link III DAC (external Monolithic PS)/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/stereo Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

"is there anyway to move that post to here with me having to retype it all out again" <- copy/paste just works ;)

Qnap HS-251+ NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a ZeroZone 19v/5A LPS) > Lumin U1 Mini (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) >  UpTone Audio ISO Regen (powered by an Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2) > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier + First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U1 Mini > Metrum Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

@jimdukey @pl_svn thanks will try if it doesn't work please go to my post and see if you guys have any ideas

still have to reconnect to BOTH TIDAL and Qobuz each time I go back to A+3.5.25 and I have lost ALL my Qobuz playlists( they are still on Qobuz desktop app/web page)---started yesterday never had this problem before(have had A+3.5.25 since @damien78 started out)-thanks

Sorry if this has been covered.  

Im getting frequent sudden loud static bursts—music quits, ugly static plays—when using latest Audirvana sent to my microRendu DNLA.

I don’t know if this is confined to when I use Qobuz vs my local files, but I play the former more than the latter and it for sure happens when I’m using Qobuz.  Just happened twice in short order.

Can fix it typically but selecting a different track, but it’s annoying and probably bad for my speakers.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

3 hours ago, sockpit said:

Im getting frequent sudden loud static bursts

I had a similar problem years ago.  A+ was trying to play beyond the point in the track for which it had received data, so it was playing garbage.  I was able to see this from the bars displaying the play position vs buffered data.  I haven't used A+ in a long time so I don't know whether A+ still has these indicators.  Damien was able to figure it out once I sent him a recording of the screen activity.

Of course, I can't say whether this is what's happening in your case.  I'm just suggesting something that may account for the static bursts.

My experience was with the DAC directly attached to a MBP running A+.  Your configuration with a streamer and UPnP means the buffer underrun could occur on either the A+ host or the streamer.

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's