2 hours ago, Jud said:

I'm just wondering if there is something in the Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter that prevents this from working. Have you tried with just an Ethernet cable?

I doubt whether my difficulty getting it to work was due to use of a thunderbolt to ethernet adapter.  It's more likely that I'm just not proficient enough on the MacOS/OSX platform or the instructions are incomplete.

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 2004/HDPLEX 300W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Well I tried connecting my Mac mini to microRendu directly through ethernet and enabling internet sharing on my Mac and could not do it.

Having said that, I am really not that good in manual network setup and maybe network connection need to be setup manually.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

2 hours ago, mazuly said:

Well I tried connecting my Mac mini to microRendu directly through ethernet and enabling internet sharing on my Mac and could not do it.

Having said that, I am really not that good in manual network setup and maybe network connection need to be setup manually.

Thanks,

would be really nice if @damien78 can give some advice.

Matt

43 minutes ago, matthias said:

Thanks,

would be really nice if @damien78 can give some advice.

Matt

Hello Matt, here attached you can find three schemes of the possible connections

1) ethernet connection: I think this is the most common scheme we are using, it is the one I currently use

2) ethernet connection through a thunderbolt-ethernet adapter: I have a MacBook Pro (late 2011) with thunderbolt port and a Elgato Thunderbolt Dock. I've just tried this configuration and it works perfectly (this should be your choice with your new MacBook Pro with thunderbolt ports only)

3) Internet sharing connection: did not try it (too much complicate to replicate a test environment...), but as I can understand it was suggested in case a wired ethernet connection was not available

hope this can help you

1 - ethernet.jpg

2 - thunderbolt-ethernet.jpg

3 - internet sharing.jpg

Stefano

My audio system

14 hours ago, Jud said:

My MacBook Pro accesses the network by Wi-Fi. It has Audirvana running on it, and I have my Qobuz account connected in Audirvana settings. It works fine. Is that what you mean, or something different?

Jud,

can you please shed some light on your set-up with your MBP/Audirvana when you get Qobuz via WiFi to your MBP?

Do you listen then via USB out of the MBP or if not how is your MBP then connected to your system?

Thanks

Matt

37 minutes ago, matthias said:

Jud,

can you please shed some light on your set-up with your MBP/Audirvana when you get Qobuz via WiFi to your MBP?

Do you listen then via USB out of the MBP or if not how is your MBP then connected to your system?

Thanks

Matt

This is exactly how I have it set up... with USB out from MBP to DAC > Amp > Speakers

2015 MacBook Pro > SOtM tX-USBultra > Mutec MC3+USB > Chord Blu Mk2 > Chord Dave > ATC SIA2-150/P1/P2 > ATC SCM50 PSLT

35 minutes ago, matthias said:

@stefano_mbp

Thank you for sharing.

The Elgato seems to be a good device.

The big question:

Does the "Internet Sharing Connection" work?

Matt

... just tried ....  

I configured the internet sharing options on the MacBook,

I configured the DNS address of the ethernet-thunderbolt connection with the router address (my router address is 10.0.1.1), 

I connected the SOtM SMS-200 to the MacBook Pro through the thunderbolt to ethernet adapter, the elgato dock,

I rebooted the SMS-200

and ... it works!

You can see that the SOtM SMS-200 appears under the thunderbolt-ethernet slot 2 in Audirvana

audirvana.jpeg

internet sharing conf.jpeg

dns.jpeg

Stefano

My audio system

@stefano_mbp

I configured the DNS address of the ethernet-thunderbolt connection with the router address (my router address is 10.0.1.1), 

Is this the address of your router where you get your WIFI from?

Thank you very much for trying.

Did you check the SQ as well, there are reports that the SQ seems to be better this way?

Matt

3 hours ago, matthias said:

Jud,

Thanks

Matt

"Qobuz via Wi-Fi to my MBP" simply means my MBP doesn't have a wired connection to the rest of the system, and that Audirvana is running on it, with my Qobuz info entered so Audirvana can stream tracks from Qobuz.

Then I stream from the MBP over Wi-Fi to a microRendu connected to my DAC in the main system.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 11/1/2019 at 5:53 AM, RunHomeSlow said:

Direct Mode Enable in Catalina with latest Audirvana.

I have change my text a bit to make it more clear, and add some pictures before and after the change. Here is the new link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqeai0fs8m5o5ey/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0

Thanks RunHome Slow!  I haven't upgraded to Catalina yet, but I've successfully used your direct mode instructions in the past and appreciate you updating them in case I do upgrade to Catalina in the future.

2012 Mac Mini, Mac Sierra OS, Audirvana 3.x, WireWorld Ultraviolet 7 USB Interconnect, Benchmark DAC2 L, Wireworld Equinox 7 Balanced XLR Interconnect, Belles 350A Amp, DIY Speaker Cables (18 strands of 22awg wire in circular array), DIY Carver Ribbon Speakers & Dayton Woofers

2 minutes ago, SteveS1 said:

Is there any way to get back to the previous Audirvana Remote App?

Damien answered this on his forum:

Hello everyone,

Regarding the automatic update of A+ Remote to the new app, this is an iOS settings that you can enable or not in your iOS device settings. This can’t be controlled by Audirvana at all.

For the A+ Remote we can’t bring this version back anymore. Due to Apple App Store limitations, having both old A+ Remote and Audirvana Remote available together would have prevented to offer to all A+ Remote the free upgrade to Audirvana Remote.

That’s why we have chosen the free upgrade for all A+ Remote users.

As this non maintained audio device is preventing you from upgrading past Yosemite, this strongly limits your choice of recent applications. For Audirvana, this means you can’t get past the 3.2.18.

Now, what are the issues you’re having with Audirvana Remote?

Sure, the new features (e.g. playlist editing, advanced filters, all favorite types, …) require Audirvana 3.5.

But you can still get the feature set of the old A+ Remote in Audirvana Remote.

Please note there is an issue preventing to access some albums contents in the current 2.0. This is fixed in the 2.1 that has now been submitted to Apple for App Review. It should then arrive shortly.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini, i5, 2.5GHz, SSD, 16Gb, 10.15 > Audirvana Plus 3.5.39 > Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition >
Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series > Audirvana Remote > iPhone 11

Hmm shame.  The artists section is all over the place and the album section is cramped and loses it’s A-Z scroll too often.  Bit of a mess actually, I don’t recall there being much wrong with the previous version.  Oh well.

Mac Mini/Audirvana with Dirac Live -Stello U3 - Weiss DAC202 - Lavardin IT-15 - ART Emotion Sigs.  Beyerdynamic T5p (2nd Gen) & Sennheiser IE800s.

On 11/5/2019 at 10:49 AM, stefano_mbp said:

Yes, it is the router from where I get the WiFi connection, didn’t tried SQ ... you are welcome 

Stefano,

if you have time please share your impressions about SQ of the "internet sharing" configuration.

Thanks

Matt

Perhaps a small issue?. Running A+ ver 3.3.25 (3555) the Device section does not collapse when closed. This is a DNLA device, however, this did not occur in previous version. Running Cat 10.15.1 .

Screen Shot 2019-11-07 at 2.05.59 PM.png

greyscale

Marantz 6007, PSB Image B6 & B5, Synology 216+, 2010 Macbook Pro

Audirvana 3.03, JRiver.

I just upgraded to v.3.5 and then Audirvana stops working. When I press play it flash a fraction of a second playing and then back to as nothing, as if it has not been played.

I also notice that it is running very sluggish and task manager shows a constant 15%+ CPU util even when nothing is playing.

Anyone got any ideas? Thanks.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:31 AM, damien78 said:

Be sure to have the latest Audirvana 3.5 running (e.g. 3.5.24 on the Mac).

Hi Damien.

Latest Audirvana (3.5.25) and the updated remote work really great on my system.

Great bug fixes and additions on the remote!

No streaming here, though, so a pretty uncomplex system.

If only you would add dither as an option (after uspamling!) even for us poor 24bit DAC users Audirvana would leave nothing to be desired 😉

11 hours ago, exdmd said:

You may have to uninstall then reinstall, make sure you have your credentials so you can reactivate.

Thanks. I just tried it again and the problem does not recur so I guess it's a fluke.

The CPU thing I narrow it down to playing back audio. Even if the playback is paused it still consumes ~10% CPU time. However if I stop it then it returns to 0%. So I think it's normal behavior then.

15 hours ago, fourstrings1891 said:

If anyone is interested in Last.fm scrobble support for Audirvana, I've created a simple script (Mac) for this. Just keep the script running while using Audirvana.

https://github.com/sprtm/audirvana-scrobbler

Note, it does require some experience with the Terminal and scripting.

Is there anyway to do the same for Amazon HD?

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

4 hours ago, mazuly said:

Is there anyway to do the same for Amazon HD?

I have no idea, sorry. Thanks to Audirvana's support for AppleScript, we can fetch the now playing data from the application (just like with iTunes/Apple Music) and use it in a script. I don't know if Amazon HD has anything similar.