IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

I am not familiar with the iOS version but in 3.5.0 for Windows 10 there is no sort option in Qobuz > Favorites. In the Qobuz app Releases can be sorted by artist, releases (albums) or added date. That option would be welcome in Audirvana so I don't have to search all my favorites for a particular album.

Hello @damien78

In album view instead of > we get the 3 dots for some albums and then those albums with dots will not open (see attached picture).

7ABB3352-8D64-4704-BB30-A1F3462841FE.png

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

I still have the occasional problem with the music stopping at the end of a track and not moving to the next.  It seems to happen more when I use the remote app, even the new version, but sometimes when not.  Closing and reopening the app seems to clear it up.  I'm running Mac OS 10.14.6 Mojave, the latest Audirvana and remote app, Volumio on an RPi with a Boss HAT via Upnp and streaming Qobuz.  Is this possibly communication between Volumio and Audirvana, or lack thereof?  It's been running fine this morning.  

On 10/23/2019 at 2:41 PM, Raimondo Di Bella said:

Hello. I use Audirvana 3.5 with a dedicated Mac mini and a little monitor with 1024 X 768 resolution. I used Audirvana Plus without any problem but, unfortunately, the new Audirvana window is too large and cannot be resized to fit my monitor. Is there a way to solve this problem? Thank you.

There is no way to solve the problem as the developer chose to give us form over function. 

The current GUI is terrible compared to old good and simple v1-3, with its huge fonts and eye candy. 

1 hour ago, tomm said:

There is no way to solve the problem as the developer chose to give us form over function. 

The current GUI is terrible compared to old good and simple v1-3, with its huge fonts and eye candy. 

+1 Yes, unfortunately you are right :-( ... (BTW, I am an A+ user since V. 1.0)

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

Here's a link from Audirvana Forum from a user that suceeded on Catalina, putting Direct Mode back...

I didn't tried it yet... not so easy to follow, maybe a hardcore fan of Direct Mode can write a more easy text

to make it works for others... :)

https://community.audirvana.com/t/enable-direct-mode-on-catalina/9638

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

The only way that worked for me, is when i use the Hackintool software to disable Gatekeeper...

the regular lines for disabling it in Terminal didn't do it, but same lines in Hackintool did it  :)

If someone better in terminal command to found the thing that is different, i can change my text

without using the free app, but again, just a small download, maybe more easy then doing many copy/paste.

So i've put it in my dropbox for people who want Direct Mode on Catalina to try.

In it you have a link for the free app, a text How to... and the original .ktext of El Capitan.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnmaudriq280l2d/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0

Feel free to comment if you try.

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Just moved to the newest version of Audirvana and I am very happy with the remote on Android so finally my wife can also operate the music without screensharing from another computer.

After years of having my NorthStarDesign USB32 connected over USB I had to move to optical as the usb drivers didn't support the latest Mac OS anymore. At first instance a pity as I expected a much worse sound quality over optical compared to async usb connection. However, I am very happy with it. Stable connection, OS updated to latest (safer, and now I could update to Audirvana 3.5 and have the android remote) and in my ears equal sound quality!

2 hours ago, satbaba said:

Is there improvement in sound quality when you switch to Direct mode?

for my system and my old ears, it doesn't jump at me saying yes, but many doesn’t want to change their setup because they see a real improvement. You really have to try it with your setup and hear 😀

Direct Mode Enable in Catalina with latest Audirvana.

I have change my text a bit to make it more clear, and add some pictures before and after the change. Here is the new link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqeai0fs8m5o5ey/AudirvanaCatalinaDirectMode.zip?dl=0

I must be doing something wrong....again 😉

Small question.  Using the latest version of the iPad app with A+ .  Sounds very good.  The app looks nice, but for whatever reason does not display "My Music" in the menu under Tidal.

All I see is

- New

- Rising

- Playlists

- Genres 

Of course, it's My Music I like to use.  The desktop app works fine and shows all.

Anybody know what's up?

Thanks.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

It’s now in the bottom of the screen

Under favorites 

The playlist for tidal is in the right hand side on top under local music.  Choose the playlist and u get the option for tidal playlist

i know it’s a little confusing 😀

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

@damien78 and other Audirvana experts

Does Mac/Audirvana work in UPnP mode in the following settings?

1.) Mac: "Internet Sharing" in "System Preferences" is selected.

2.) Mac: The input is Qobuz streaming via WiFi.

3.) Mac: The output is one of the Thunderbolt ports with a direct connection of a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and then wired ethernet to a UPnP network player either a device from Sonore or the new Allo USBridge Signature with MoOde Audio as an UPnP renderer and output to an USB DAC.

Thank you:)

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

4 hours ago, matthias said:

@damien78 and other Audirvana experts

Does Mac/Audirvana work in UPnP mode in the following settings?

1.) Mac: "Internet Sharing" in "System Preferences" is selected.

2.) Mac: The input is Qobuz streaming via WiFi.

3.) Mac: The output is one of the Thunderbolt ports with a direct connection of a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter and then wired ethernet to a UPnP network player either a device from Sonore or the new Allo USBridge Signature with MoOde Audio as an UPnP renderer and output to an USB DAC.

Thank you:)

Matt

What is the precise setup for #2? My MacBook Pro accesses the network by Wi-Fi. It has Audirvana running on it, and I have my Qobuz account connected in Audirvana settings. It works fine. Is that what you mean, or something different?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Jud said:

What is the precise setup for #2? My MacBook Pro accesses the network by Wi-Fi. It has Audirvana running on it, and I have my Qobuz account connected in Audirvana settings. It works fine. Is that what you mean, or something different?

Jud,

yes from the input it is the same.

The output should be via Audirvana UPnP with a direct connection from MBP to an UPnP network player.

There is a thread on the Sonore section about "Internet Sharing":

@hytechrednek reported in this thread that the direct connection from Mac to the device offers better SQ.

The question is if this works with Audirvana via UPnP to non-Sonore UPnP devices as well.

Matt

21 minutes ago, matthias said:

Jud,

The output should be via Audirvana UPnP with a direct connection from MBP to an UPnP network player.

@hytechrednek reported in this thread that the direct connection from Mac to the device offers better SQ.

The question is if this works with Audirvana via UPnP to non-Sonore UPnP devices as well.

Matt

I notice in the thread you linked that @rickca was having trouble getting this to work with a Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter. Wonder if he ever got it working? Have you been able to get this to work with a Sonore device?

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

5 minutes ago, Jud said:

Wonder if he ever got it working?

Wow, Jud ... that was more than 3 years ago!  I never did get it working. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 minutes ago, Jud said:

I notice in the thread you linked that @rickca was having trouble getting this to work with a Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter. Wonder if he ever got it working? Have you been able to get this to work with a Sonore device?

At the end of this thread I asked @vortecjr and @barrows if it works with Sonore devices but I did not get a definitive answer.

So I placed this question in the Audirvana thread because @damien78 should be able to answer this topic.

Matt

5 minutes ago, matthias said:

At the end of this thread I asked @vortecjr and @barrows if it works with Sonore devices but I did not get a definitive answer.

So I placed this question in the Audirvana thread because @damien78 should be able to answer this topic.

Matt

I'm just wondering if there is something in the Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter that prevents this from working. Have you tried with just an Ethernet cable?

5 minutes ago, rickca said:

Wow, Jud ... that was more than 3 years ago!  I never did get it working. 

The question is why?

When someone connects a Thunderbolt dock with Ethernet output to a MBP it is about the same as a direct Ethernet output.

Maybe @damien78 can chime in?

Matt

1 minute ago, Jud said:

I'm just wondering if there is something in the Thunderbolt-to-Ethernet adapter that prevents this from working. Have you tried with just an Ethernet cable?

It is all about buying decisions. The new MBP have Thunderbolt outputs only. So before buying all the devices I should know if it works.

Matt

2 hours ago, matthias said:

Jud,

Matt

I have no experience with other devices.  Sorry.

Hytek