IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

But it wasn't just the remote app, the music would stop.  It would play all day if I controlled it from the computer, but once I started using the phone things would hang up.  Anyway, I hope the new remote app is better in that regard.  In my short experience with it response is much better, I like the interface better and I like that I can see the Hi-res logo.

22 hours ago, mazuly said:

What happens in Roon if you change DoP to a different version? 

Do you get hissing and faint music in background?

if yes, then DoP is the issue here since Audirvana may use a different DoP version.

DoP v1.0 - works

Convert to PCM - works

Initial dCS method - does not work

187425813_Screenshot2019-10-21at18_45_16.png.f00e81aab1a348f58303604ef92af460.png

for DSD volume control must be set to "Fixed" or you'll get the hissing

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Am struggling with the new remote app on my iPad.  Doesn’t recognize my Qobuz favorites at all.  (Nor did it ask me if I wanted an upgrade).

it shows the grand selection and press awards, but the rest of categories under new releases just spin eternally.

the categories under playlists all load stuff (but labels are pretty much unreadable).

it all strikes me as rather half-baked and not ready for prime time.  Even navigation of local music on my network is far from intuitive.

Forgive me if I have not set something up correctly, and if there are posts elsewhere I haven’t poured over.

Most importantly: why aren’t my Qobuz favorites showing?

thanks.

4 hours ago, sockpit said:

Am struggling with the new remote app on my iPad.  Doesn’t recognize my Qobuz favorites at all.  (Nor did it ask me if I wanted an upgrade).

it shows the grand selection and press awards, but the rest of categories under new releases just spin eternally.

the categories under playlists all load stuff (but labels are pretty much unreadable).

it all strikes me as rather half-baked and not ready for prime time.  Even navigation of local music on my network is far from intuitive.

Forgive me if I have not set something up correctly, and if there are posts elsewhere I haven’t poured over.

Most importantly: why aren’t my Qobuz favorites showing?

thanks.

Be sure to have the latest Audirvana 3.5 running (e.g. 3.5.24 on the Mac).

And all favorites are in the Favorites section (button in the tab bar at the bottom), including Qobuz ones.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Hi All,

While I to love the new A+ Remote, might I ask you all that might use Catalina?, just where do I locate the Music stored on it?, like the older iTunes folder?.

As I'm using the second method of loading my " Music Library " onto A+, which seems to sync said songs, yet what method such I use when it doesn't add newer downloads?, am I to rescan each time I've added 10-37 songs?, or delete A+?, and reload it every time I'd buy new songs?.

I'm not blaming A+, as once again the new Remote App looks very very nice on my end, but I'm having trouble sorting how just where to find said music files | folders in Catalina?, since iTunes is no more.

Please advise.

Regards,

O_o scar

correct typoHave been really enjoying 3.5x and most of the new remote version. Thanks Damien!

I'd love to be able to have the remote (on iPad) display a grid of album covers, like the earlier remote app did. Right now I get a scrolling list of albums, with the album cover on the left, line by line. I didn't see a way to modify this display (in album mode)—is there one? Unless I'm using the far right alphabet index to hone in on a location (or the search functions, which are improved in this latest remote), I tend to scroll through the gridwork of album covers to pick what I want—usually because I don't know until I see it. With thousands of albums, this is too tedious. (In all fairness, probably most of the time, I do know what I want to listen too, and the new remote is fine for that—it's more when I'm truly browsing.)

13 hours ago, damien78 said:

Be sure to have the latest Audirvana 3.5 running (e.g. 3.5.24 on the Mac).

And all favorites are in the Favorites section (button in the tab bar at the bottom), including Qobuz ones.

I do.  I'm going to trash the program on my Mac and re-download and install, etc., since those favorites aren't showing up. Thanks for the quick reply.  Will reach out again, if I continue to have problems.  Best and like A (with or without the +) very much!  Just hoping I can feel my way around this new remote!

BWS

4 hours ago, pooger said:

I'd love to be able to have the remote (on iPad) display a grid of album covers, like the earlier remote app did. Right now I get a scrolling list of albums, with the album cover on the left, line by line. I didn't see a way to modify this display (in album mode)—is there one?

Try the iPad sideways. I get the line-by-line in portrait mode, and the grid of covers in landscape. (Only on the iPad: the iPhone doesn't work in landscape at all.)

11 hours ago, KT77 said:

Hi All,

While I to love the new A+ Remote, might I ask you all that might use Catalina?, just where do I locate the Music stored on it?, like the older iTunes folder?.

As I'm using the second method of loading my " Music Library " onto A+, which seems to sync said songs, yet what method such I use when it doesn't add newer downloads?, am I to rescan each time I've added 10-37 songs?, or delete A+?, and reload it every time I'd buy new songs?.

I'm not blaming A+, as once again the new Remote App looks very very nice on my end, but I'm having trouble sorting how just where to find said music files | folders in Catalina?, since iTunes is no more.

Please advise.

I'm happy that I was able to find how on my own how this is done, seeming as no one took a moment to respond to said request........., I guess I can see why so many are lost.

I'm out.

Regards,

O_o scar

13 minutes ago, KT77 said:

I'm happy that I was able to find how on my own how this is done, seeming as no one took a moment to respond to said request........., I guess I can see why so many are lost.

I'm out.

Maybe now you learned why so many people don’t use a software in a software... let Audirvana work alone, don’t let Apple run your music 😀

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

10 hours ago, KT77 said:

I'm out.

You might be the only one who took the bleeding edge approach to convert to Catalina right away, at least among those who choose the the alternate iTunes method of running Audirvana.

17 hours ago, pooger said:

correct typoHave been really enjoying 3.5x and most of the new remote version. Thanks Damien!

I'd love to be able to have the remote (on iPad) display a grid of album covers, like the earlier remote app did. Right now I get a scrolling list of albums, with the album cover on the left, line by line. I didn't see a way to modify this display (in album mode)—is there one? Unless I'm using the far right alphabet index to hone in on a location (or the search functions, which are improved in this latest remote), I tend to scroll through the gridwork of album covers to pick what I want—usually because I don't know until I see it. With thousands of albums, this is too tedious. (In all fairness, probably most of the time, I do know what I want to listen too, and the new remote is fine for that—it's more when I'm truly browsing.)

+1

@damien78

It would be great we get an option to have it in both landscape and portrait mode on iPad and iPhone.

Thanks again for the great remote.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

2 hours ago, mazuly said:

+1

@damien78

It would be great we get an option to have it in both landscape and portrait mode on iPad and iPhone.

Thanks again for the great remote.

This will be in next release :) 

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

1 hour ago, damien78 said:

This will be in next release :) 

Great

And MQA logos please 

Thanks a bunch.

2 Channel: Mac mini with Audirvana + & A+ Remote -> Netgear AC170 -> microRendu -> Chord Mojo -> oppo HA-1 -> Arcam  P49 -> B&W 804 D3

5 Channel: Apple TV/Sony XBR-65A9G -> Rotel RSP-1098 -> oppo HA-1 (bypass) -> Arcam P49 -> B&W 804 D3 (L/R), Arcam P349 -> B&W 804 D3 (C), B&W 805 D3 (RR/LR)

On 10/22/2019 at 6:15 PM, bnbayer said:

Try the iPad sideways. I get the line-by-line in portrait mode, and the grid of covers in landscape. (Only on the iPad: the iPhone doesn't work in landscape at all.)

Doh! Thanks so much. (I could swear that I had tried this, but obviously not...)

22 hours ago, mazuly said:

Great

And MQA logos please 

Thanks a bunch.

@damien78

when searching, going into albums, tracks  or artist, 3dot (...) option does not work

On 10/25/2019 at 7:25 AM, mazuly said:

Hello @damien78

If possible, can you please add the following to next release:

If say, I am looking at albums in New Master window, playing any of the album brings me to the top of the album list if I go back, and I have to scroll down to where I was before. Is it possible the location stays where It was before I played and album so that I don’t have to scroll to the same location again?

Thanks for your help.

Hello @damien78

I see another issue:

When choosing Tracks in Tidal New, the changes to changes to New, Staff Picks or Top 20 does not change anything and tracks listed remain the same.

On 10/24/2019 at 11:03 AM, pooger said:

Try the iPad sideways. I get the line-by-line in portrait mode, and the grid of covers in landscape.

A glitch (iPad only): if you approach a playlist from the Playlists screen, the little navigation alphabet appears as it should. HOWEVER, if you go into a title from the playlist, then go back to the full list, you get the album grid but NO NAVIGATION alphabet. (Hope that is semi-coherent...)