IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, RunHomeSlow said:

Sometime ago i had that thing happening when looking in the info panel of Audirvana some of my files had the same path, but don’t know why a double was created that will not play… it just had a / before the name…

The only way i found a cure, was to delete my database here (you will lose all Playlists):
Go to User… Home Folder… Library… Applications Support… Audirvana Folder…
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up! or not).

Restart mac, then Audirvana, then let it load your music folder, but i had to reload all my playlists

(that are saved elsewhere on my mac).

While writting, i think i have not done that, but just replace my database with an older one that i always keep as backup… that way, i didn’t lose my playlists… just lose the count play of files i did play between the 2 versions…

Thank you, I did that. I will see if it fixes the problem. SO far it appears so, but it didn't develop immediately last time either.

No electron left behind.

• 2 weeks later...

Audirvana 3.5.30 on Mac OS Mojave, playing Qobuz or the local library. Occasionally Audirvana becomes unresponsive, as in once an album ends and I try to play another, nothing but quitting the program and restarting will allow me to get another album to play. I am not using the remote, and I am playing independently of iTunes.

Other than this, it still sounds great!

No electron left behind.

I have a question...

Normally when I use Audirvana and am streaming Qobuz I search for the artist I want to listen to rather than scroll through my favorite albums due to the fact that there is no order to them other than time of "favoriting" which leaves a giant mess to rummage through.

However, last night I scrolled through and noticed something. I don't think Audirvana is showing me ALL my the albums I have favorited in Qobuz.

Is that in fact the case?

No electron left behind.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Screwdriver said:

I pay for Qobuz but just started a 30 day free with Tidal. If I search in Audirvana for a band, I only get Qobuz results…So, with both accounts active I am unable to search for music within Tidal, which makes Tidal absolutely useless.

Or am I doing something wrong?

When you search, Audirvana searches your local library, and all services you're connected to. You pick the one you want to look at by clicking the buttons outlined in red here:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 9.02.26 PM.png

No electron left behind.

• 1 month later...

@Jud I have been very impressed with both the upsampling and volume control in HQPlayer. I have only guesses as to why it is so good, one of them is likely mathematically perfect channel matching which not all analog volume controls are capable of. Maybe none are as capable as HQPlayer's volume control.

No electron left behind.

17 hours ago, CheapSplurge said:

Is hqplayer easy to run with audirvana as it is with roon? 

I used to have an audirvana trial but I was so busy I barely used it. 

Now it won't let me retry it, that I have time. To see how it behaves with the hqplayer? 

Please guide me

Audirvana and HQPlayer do not and can not run together as far as I know.

No electron left behind.