Jump to content
IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Jud said:

 

@mansr has already provided extensive measurements. Considering where the noise levels are (with many of the modulators, -120dB or lower as I recall), I don't know if he would be offering descriptions of the sound.  If I have time, I will look for his forum posts with the measurements, unless someone beats me to it.

 

I am not looking for descriptions of the sound but how the three groups of modulators compare technically, how does A compare to B and to C.

 

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The measurements will tell you that very precisely, though as I mentioned, my recollection is that B measures better than A, higher order (larger number) modulators generally measure better than lower order, and C is the same as B7.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jud said:

The measurements will tell you that very precisely, though as I mentioned, my recollection is that B measures better than A, higher order (larger number) modulators generally measure better than lower order, and C is the same as B7.

 

You mean these?

 

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

A+ 3.5.2 allows one to use the database integrity check while music is playing. HOWEVER, it locks out the controls - you can't stop or pause playback while the check progresses. The iOS remote is also unable to connect to A+ while the db integrity check is running.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When migrating to 3.5.1 from 3.2.16, my Smart Playlists all seem to have come over correctly. My one regular (not so smart) playlist, however, is a mess. My playlists are all by album, not track, and every album in the list is missing random tracks. When I look at these albums in the library or in a Smart Playlist, all the tracks are present.

 

I tried checking the database integrity and rebuilding indexes, but no change.

 

I have tried importing the playlist again, but that function doesn't seem to work: nothing happens after I select the playlist I want to import. It just doesn't show up.

 

??

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, matthias said:

 

You mean these?

 

 

Exactly.

 

Please also see the first set of graphs at DSD64, for an explanation of what you are looking at (note particularly the explanation of the behavior of some DACs, such as iFi and TEAC, with the B6-8 modulators; though I didn't hear noise with my iFi DAC, I do like the sound of my current DAC better): 

 

 

And for completeness, DSD128:

 

 

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> wi-fi to router -> EtherREGEN -> microRendu -> USPCB -> ISO Regen (powered by LPS-1) -> USPCB -> Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 DAC -> Spectral DMC-12 & DMA-150 -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a user manual available for 3.5? I’ve been trying to figure out how to browse by genre with no luck and asked the question here a couple pages back with no replies, any help would be great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For anyone having trouble getting Audio Units to work - I followed an earlier recommendation by Damian78 (thank you!) to delete the preference files, and it fixed the problem (at least for me).

 

To delete your preferences file, open the Console application, and enter the following two commands:

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana-Plus

defaults delete com.audirvana.Audirvana

iMac>Eitr>Modi Multibit>G1217 Solstice (w/Noise Nuke)>HD800

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bnbayer said:

When migrating to 3.5.1 from 3.2.16, my Smart Playlists all seem to have come over correctly. My one regular (not so smart) playlist, however, is a mess. My playlists are all by album, not track, and every album in the list is missing random tracks. When I look at these albums in the library or in a Smart Playlist, all the tracks are present.

 

I tried checking the database integrity and rebuilding indexes, but no change.

 

I have tried importing the playlist again, but that function doesn't seem to work: nothing happens after I select the playlist I want to import. It just doesn't show up.

 

??

I can confirm this issue (as I already reported in post 336). Remains in 3.5.2

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | MBP 15" 2012 OS 10.13 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3 | RME ADI-2 DAC | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Sundara

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nico said:

I can confirm this issue (as I already reported in post 336).

 

I had this issue, then it was fixed.  And now its back again.  For me, iTunes playlists imported into A+ 3.5 are totally jumbled in terms of order....

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, damien78 said:

 

Other than the crash report you had sent me that showed the crash was caused by the Audio Unit plugin itself, if you have others, like the one exiting the application, can you send it to me by PM also?

 

Regarding iTunes rating, the issue is that iTunes is not storing it in the audio files metadata as it should be.

So you need to use the 2nd method ( sync with iTunes library) to retrieve them.

And the good news is that I've implemented this both ways: next time you click on Sync with iTunes, Audirvana will update iTunes with the ratings changed in Audirvana.

 

And then you'll use smart playlists, or filters with rating as criteria

 

Damien - what’s the difference between the two methods when importing from iTunes?  Do they both import iTunes playlists?

 

Also, which iTunes rating is imported in method 2?  The star rating (1 - 5)?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@damien78

 

i like the new GUI very much (only the light one, however), but there are some quirks in the entire app.

 

For example:

- When you use the playlist-view, then only the first time you enter the  the playlist, the correct remaining time ist displayed. When the tracks advance, there is no update of the remaining time. 

- When you scroll down the list, the time display is scrolled out of the header, so no remaining time can be observed anymore, unless you are at the top of the list.

-When the tracks advance, there is no automatic scrolling, so that the current title isn't visible in the list. That was the case in earlier versions too, but shouldn't be. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fridolin do you mean the play queue? The remaining time not updating issue is fixed in 3.5.2

you can use the "Check for updates..." command of the Audirvana Plus menu to get it.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

 

Damien - what’s the difference between the two methods when importing from iTunes?  Do they both import iTunes playlists?

 

Also, which iTunes rating is imported in method 2?  The star rating (1 - 5)?

 

Thanks.

 

Only method 2 retrieves iTunes playlists.

And it is star rating that is synched

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, damien78 said:

@Fridolin do you mean the play queue? The remaining time not updating issue is fixed in 3.5.2

you can use the "Check for updates..." command of the Audirvana Plus menu to get it.

Yes, i mean the play queue.

I hope, the vanishing of the remaining time in the list-header when you scroll down, is fixed, too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fridolin said:

Yes, i mean the play queue.

I hope, the vanishing of the remaining time in the list-header when you scroll down, is fixed, too?

Not yet ;)

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DancingSea said:

 

I had this issue, then it was fixed.  And now its back again.  For me, iTunes playlists imported into A+ 3.5 are totally jumbled in terms of order....

Actually, my issue is NOT with iTunes playlists, but with Audirvana 3.2.16 playlists.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@damien78

 

I tried to switch to another Tidal account today.  After logout, i typed the new username and password in the connect window.  But the login window just stays there.  Now no matter which account I try, the login window just stay there.

 

Please help!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Uni said:

@damien78

 

I tried to switch to another Tidal account today.  After logout, i typed the new username and password in the connect window.  But the login window just stays there.  Now no matter which account I try, the login window just stay there.

 

Please help!

 

@damien78

Answer to my own question,  actually the login was successful, but the login window doesn't go away.  Since I retried several time, the left sidebar would display multiple Tidal tree!  After I restarted Audirana, all tidal tree is gone and I need to login again. I keep this time just once and then one Tidal tree is shown.   Please verify it by yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gLer said:

Hi guys - silly question but how do you computer ReplayGain for new albums in 3.5? In 3.2x it was a simple top menu choice but this seems to have disappeared? Thanks.

Click on the Speaker icon in the bottom right; select your output; expand the Audio Volume section at the bottom if it is not already; select Albums ReplayGain.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Serpieri said:

Click on the Speaker icon in the bottom right; select your output; expand the Audio Volume section at the bottom if it is not already; select Albums ReplayGain.

Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Uni said:

 

@damien78

Answer to my own question,  actually the login was successful, but the login window doesn't go away.  Since I retried several time, the left sidebar would display multiple Tidal tree!  After I restarted Audirana, all tidal tree is gone and I need to login again. I keep this time just once and then one Tidal tree is shown.   Please verify it by yourself.

 

But can't search for Tidal!

 

Screen Shot 2019-04-16 at 11.25.17 PM.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, damien78 said:

 

Only method 2 retrieves iTunes playlists.

And it is star rating that is synched

 

 

Am I correct that the iTunes star rating in A+ is only for albums?   For me, what’s useful is the star rating for each individual track in iTunes.  In addition, it would be helpful to be hit something that only plays 5 star tracks in a given album.

 

I used method 1 to import my DSD collection.  It’s displaying every album twice.  How can I fix that?

 

Also, with iTunes, are the individual track “love ❤️“ ratings synced in Method 2?

 

Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...