IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

I have been struggling to find a player as well.  I had easily adapted to all the changes as iTunes evolved and used it as my database manager, but the change to "Music" pushed me away.  I run a "full" library on a separate HD and a smaller library on my laptop.  Used to be seamless, now ridiculous.  I was nervous about losing music, etc.

Have been with Audirvana throughout as my player, but the UI frustrates me.  I want to see more of each track's info while on the "tracks" display.  Why is the space on the left of each track (play, heart, and options) so wide?  I would love to be able to re-claim more of the space for music, have some options for text size, etc.

And why can my BW-limited network stream high-def. video but can't load my library onto the remote app and keep up with scrolling, etc?

I checked out Swinsian.  Would be perfect in appearance for me.  Clean, not trying to be hip (or whatever it is).  If it could otherwise do what Audirvana does under the surface I would be all over it.

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Very interesting @RunHomeSlow.  I would be very satisfied with that view.  I like track name, time, artist, album, genre, rating.

I have tried shrinking the left playlist column and re-sizing the track info columns, but don't seem to get nearly that much info/text on my screen.  Certainly I could get it as wide as as I want it but it is off the screen to the right and requires scrolling over, which them seems to cause problems with scrolling up and down.

The small bar at the bottom that indicates the need to scroll left and right seems that most of it is on the display without scrolling.  And it seems like your text is smaller than mine.

I will have to go in and play with it some more.  Thank you!

Bill

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

Have been wondering if that was it.....This is me.  I need smaller font, the "Tracks" column smaller, etc.

879723479_ScreenShot2020-07-02at5_14_00PM.thumb.png.510597dbfebbdb3f84227545a8eba2bb.png

Now this is what I like:

590618573_ScreenShot2020-07-02at5_19_58PM.thumb.png.e3291eb0c4df5744957c4d55f8a9cda7.png

2 hours ago, jos said:

The 'track #' field is much too wide in my opinion. Is there a way to change that? The title should be: TR or # IMO.

Amen!  And can't be re-sized as far as I can tell.

Bill

My latest.  Maybe just have to reconcile myself with scrolling to the right to see more.

506711677_ScreenShot2020-07-03at1_17_35PM.thumb.png.f03a866f94c674b3021eb77ed6170d6d.png

v. the same shot with the UI would like to see.

Re. Roon, I agree- too much info, find it a distraction.

Bill

877314673_ScreenShot2020-07-03at1_20_34PM.thumb.png.6b8a077c70d3913b2c5445b30e96e56b.png