IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Anyone experimenting with the SOX setting in 3.5? Kinda feel lost without my old iZotope filters...

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

22 hours ago, Jud said:

I have bandwidth at max (99.5%).  If you want something more like an apodizing filter, you can reduce the bandwidth.

I reduce the filter max length to minimum (100) to reduce ringing.  I have no idea if this setting is very effective in reducing ringing at all, and some people like long filters.

I have anti-aliasing at 100%, a complete reversal from settings I used years ago that had a very gentle cutoff and allowed some aliasing.  This seems to me to make for a quieter background, but that could easily be my imagination.

I have filter phase set to 100 (linear), because linear phase is what my speakers' imaging is built around.  If you don't have my speakers (Vandersteen), feel free to experiment.

So - that's what I have, but there's no assurance these are particularly good settings, especially in someone else's system.

Thanks, Jud. I have been using your Jud 2 (great ensemble clarity) and Jud 3 (great soundstage fuller sound) izotope settings for the last year or two. Played around with SoX when first introduced in Audirvana, but could never find anything with as fun imaging. Damien said that the izotope filters would eventually be available in 3.5 for the old heads, so will be able to compare then. Thanks to you and Matthias for your suggestions. 

MacMini Quad i7/Audirvana Studio/USBridge DigiOne Signature Player/Schiit Yggdrasil GS/Aragon Palladium 1 amplifiers/Stacked Energy 22 speakers (Reference Connoisseur on bottom & Pro 22 on top) set tweeter to tweeter/Kimber Monocle XL speaker wires/Straightwire Crescendo & Virtuoso IC/Mordaunt Short 309 subwoofers

2 hours ago, jorgitok said:

Please, would you repeat the Jud3 set up values, thanks

Sure.

Jud 3

(great soundstage fuller sound)

Steepness 150

Filter Max Length 500,000

Cutoff Freq. 1.00

Anti-Aliasing 200

Pre-Ringing 0.75

(Forced Upsampling Power of 2)

and for completeness

Jud 2 (and SuperDad)

(great ensemble clarity)

(Power of 2)

• 5 months later...

This is as much a Tidal question as an Audirvana one, but is there a way to use the "download" feature of Tidal when using Audirvana? Also, is there a way that Tidal, through their mobile app or desktop program, can keep track of music played through Audirvana?

Thanks for a great sounding product!

• 2 months later...
On 10/20/2019 at 2:26 PM, mazuly said:

This Album just sounds amazing streaming through Audirvana:

https://tidal.com/album/102396785
My new reference recording.

Thank you very much for the introduction to Dominique Fils-Amie. Very impressive sounding music with a message. I hope to hear a non-compressed version soon...

11 hours ago, rruffin said:

Thank you very much for the introduction to Dominique Fils-Amie. Very impressive sounding music with a message. I hope to hear a non-compressed version soon...

Just downloaded a aiff version from Bandcamp. No comparison in the sound quality. Run, do not walk to Bandcamp...

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this is not an obviously answered question, but...

On several sites, folks give fun playlists in Spotify. Is there a way to listen to them using Audirvana?

• 1 month later...

Still running Mohave on a tricked out 2012 Mac Mini. Is there any sonic or feature reason to upgrade to Catalina?

• 2 months later...
On 3/26/2020 at 5:31 PM, S.Magus said:

HI Matt, I'm going USB out of MacMini and into a USB bridge. Thanks, Simon

Hi Simon, this is a little off your topic, but do you have a digiOne (Signature) HAT connected to your USB Bridge/Raspberry Pi device? Or how are you connecting your dac to the USB Bridge? Thanks, Rick

• 7 months later...

Maybe a silly question that has already been answered:

If someone publishes a playlist for either Tidal or Qobuz, how do you add that to Audirvana to play in Tidal or Qobuz?

• 2 months later...

So, I am trying to add another device (UPnP) on to the network. Audirvana recognizes it and plays to it. Great. But each of the two devices (Raspberry pi based streamers) need different setting because they work with different dacs. Unfortunately, when I set the device parameters for one (Maximum PCM Rate, Sox and Upsampling target frequencies), they change for both devices. Is there a way to have different setting for each device?

Thanks in advance.