IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hi Damien,

Well done for the public Beta release of 3.5.
I had a sudden crash with 3.5.17, emailed you the report.

Great sound as ever and UI looks pretty too! :)

Best.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

I have also just installed the final version of 3.5 and must say I like the new app icon. However, it's so difficult to see in the Applications folder that I ended up installing it several times thinking I failed to install it! :)
Perhaps the dark blue could be made a bit lighter.

It's been a long time coming but you did such a great job with it and A 3.5 sounds better than ever.
Well worth the wait, well done indeed, Damien!

35 minutes ago, airdronian said:

Adding a screenshot which seems to indicate integer mode is operating.  No green indicator.  Source is Tidal, one track MQA 24/96 and one track 16/44.1.

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.37.05 PM.png

IntegerModeIndicator.png

I believe the integer mode is indicated with bold white on Dark them and bold black on Light theme. So, what you have is correct i.e. integer mode is operating.

11 hours ago, Joerg D said:

Hello,
I have A + 3.2.16 and would like to try 3.5. Can I keep the old version without being overwritten? If in the 3.5 are still mistakes and I want to use the 3.2 again.
Is the 3.5 different in sound to the old version, if so where are the differences?

many Greetings
Jörg

Just rename the existing one to 3.2 and then install 3.5.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but a quick search hasn’t found for me.

I have not yet upgraded from 2.6  however I’ve been trialling 3.5.  I think i want to upgrade to 3.5, however whilst I am happy to pay the upgrade cost, I would like to retain my 2.6 install unaltered, just in case I change my mind (the trial period is a bit short to really decide). 

I have taken the trial of 3.5 as a stand-alone, not upgrade, and it only gives the option of buying at the full price. Alternatively I can go from within 2.6 and select upgrade - but I assume that will replace 2.6, which isn’t what I want.

Any ideas for how to do it? 

Thanks

Make a copy of the 2.6 and just rename it A2.6 or whatever first.
Then you can either upgrade or install the trial version directly. 
This way you can have both versions.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/4/2019 at 10:05 PM, brianlg said:

One of the things I loved about Roon (no longer subscribed) was that you could build a collection of music combining local albums as well as albums from Tidal/Qobuz. For example, my "Best Albums of 2019" list could contain albums from Tidal as well as local files that aren't on Tidal. I cannot find a way to do this with Audirvana as making a playlist I cannot combine local and Tidal. Will this be a feature in the future? Would anyone else want this? Doesn't need to be a "playlist", but some way to tag collections. 

+1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jud said:

I'm thinking MacOS always uses DoP rather than "native" DSD, unless there is a specific MacOS driver for that particular DAC allowing native DSD. So in order to play DSD256 using the ordinary MacOS driver, you would need a DAC that allows 768kHz input.

+1

• 3 months later...
14 hours ago, damien78 said:

This looks like the TIDAL authorization data are not stored correctly in your library database, and thus not restored correctly upon next startup.

Maybe this one is damaged? Can you check its integrity using the command in the Maintenance section of the preferences page?

Just completed the integrity check and it says OK.

If I just restart Audirvana there's no problem with the TIDAL logging.
But whenever I restart my Mac Mini Audirvana fails to connect to TIDAL, it comes up with an error.
And then I do a manual connect it takes me to the TIDAL logging window in my browser.
Screenshots attached.

IMG_7709.jpg

IMG_7708.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hello @damien78,

As you know Lumin successfully implemented the Leedh digital volume in their Lumin X1 DAC.

I have been waiting for the Leedh implementation in Audirvana +. Are you still considering?
I would be grateful for some info. If Leedh is as good as the 6moons Lumix X1 review suggest then it would be great to have it with Audirvana +, if possible.

Stay safe everyone.

Best.
Mev

20 hours ago, Jud said:

As a couple of people knowledgeable about DSP commented quite a while ago in the forums, Leedh is a good but ordinary software volume control, i.e., there is no "secret sauce" that makes it better than other well implemented software volume controls. It obeys all the same mathematical laws.

Damien wound up implementing his own improved software volume control.

Thanks for the update Jud.

From what I remember, the initial info suggested that Leedh was lossless. And the Lumin X1 reviewer seems to be very impressed with it. Clearly, it is a much better implementation. Although from your comment I take it that it is not lossless.
In that case, I do hope that Damien can make his software volume implementation just as good, if not better. That would be brilliant since I prefer to use DACs directly connected to my active system.
A much improved software volume would provide more options as it will allow us to also consider DACs with no analog volume control.