IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

7 hours ago, bnbayer said:

Click on the little speaker icon in the lower left. Select your output connection, and a different screen will open. Upsampling is partway down the page.

Thanks. 

Clicked on it and only saw my DAC selected, didn't see that there was more to do.

Noticed that Damien now recommends SOX...haven't spent much time monkeying with those settings.  Can anyone suggest good settings for a Maytek B+?

Thanks again bnbayer.

Tone with Soul

7 hours ago, Innocent Bystander said:

Not sure if that means that’s as far as you got? If you didn’t get further: when you select your DAC in the pop-up, you should see an arrow to the right of it. Clicking that brings up another menu...

Yes, missed the arrow on first view.  Followed it and found the settings et al. Thanks.

Tone with Soul

• 2 months later...

Been enjoying A+ 3.5.15 but notice some upper midrange harshness in certain recordings and wonder if I have the SOX parameters optimized.  Kinda odd that some recordings sound startling clear and dynamic and others overly aggressive. As a longtime CA member, also have HQPlayer and PM, all cool stuff, and the aggressiveness of the problematic recordings is kept in check by th settings I use with them.  CA system - a Mac Mini AQ Coffee USB directly to a Mytek B+ with Keces DC -116 LPS powering it balanced outs to a McCormack DNA -500.

Appreciate any suggestions regarding SOX parameters.  Thanks.

Thought I was a member of CA...missed the name change.  Stylin'...

Tone with Soul

5 hours ago, Jud said:

This is with the default settings, I'm assuming?

You'd think I woulda tried that.

I followed jimdukey's recommendation and moved slider to linear from 75% (must have seem somebody here recommend that value?), and seems to have removed the harshness I was feeling.  Thanks.

Tone with Soul