IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

Hi, I am new here but actually a long-time reader of audiophilestyle (computer audiophile) and also longtime user of audirvana (since its  first commercial product).

I just migrated to ver. 3.5  (now 3.5.12) and notice that in this new version I can export playlist but cannot import playlist... I would like to know if any of the other users experience the same problem or just me... Sorry if this issue is already mentioned before and I miss to read it...

Regards,

BG

2 minutes ago, bnbayer said:

All my Smart Playlists imported correctly, but my one and only regular (dumb?) Playlist did not. I tried that one by itself a number of times, with no success. No error message, just nothing happened at all.

That was with an early version of 3.5, but I just now tried again with 3.5.12 and Audirvana still doesn't import it's own exported playlist.

I have experimented to export a test playlist in 3.5.13, it can create playlist m3u file. Then I delete the test playlist and try to import the created m3u file, however it cannot import and just doesn't do anything.

Furthermore, I tried to import the same m3u file in the previous audirvana plus (before 3.5) and it can successfully import the test playlist. So my problem is only with 3.5 (3.5.12).

38 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Did you have a playlist selected when you tried to export? I am also on 3.5.12 and "Export Playlist" is grayed out when no play lists are selected, but was available when I selected a playlist. The import also worked just fine for me.

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.26.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-14 at 6.30.29 PM.png

Hi, yes I did export successfully under 3.5.12. but couldn't import.

When I try to import, after selecting the m3u file and click open to import, it just closed the import screen and did nothing.

I have tried importing the same m3u file with audirvana plus (last version before 3.5) and it worked just fine.

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2019 at 2:09 PM, Rezseeker said:

Thanks for the follow up! The m3u8 files were old versions that were indeed from iTunes, but the m3u files were actually from Audirvana - I exported from 3.5.1.8, deleted the library files, then tried reimporting to the same 3.5.1.8 version of Audirvana. No dice with the playlist whether it was exported from iTunes or Audirvana. Import had worked last summer (July 2018) when the iTunes files were generated with what was then the current version of Audirvana

I have raised this "Importing Playlist" issue since the first release of Audirvana 3.5. Tried to get Damien attention in this site, in audirvana site and also with direct email to audirvana. I don't understand why it is still not fixed yet... It is ridiculous and big disappointment that the basic function of audio player is missing on this such popular player...