IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 3.5

I am attempting to use Audirvana 3.5.9 to play Qobuz from my iMac to my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC via USB.  When the track starts playing all I hear is a couple of clicks and then nothing, although the track appears to still be playing. Audirvana plays just fine when I airplay to my AppleTV.  Also, I can play Qobuz directly to the SGCD via USB without going thru Audirvana with no problem. I must be missing a setting.  Can someone help?

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

On 5/20/2019 at 5:53 PM, glassetcher said:

I am attempting to use Audirvana 3.5.9 to play Qobuz from my iMac to my PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC via USB.  When the track starts playing all I hear is a couple of clicks and then nothing, although the track appears to still be playing. Audirvana plays just fine when I airplay to my AppleTV.  Also, I can play Qobuz directly to the SGCD via USB without going thru Audirvana with no problem. I must be missing a setting.  Can someone help?

OK, think I found the solution, for me at least.  Someone suggested about power of 2 not working. That wasn’t the option, but it got me experimenting with some of the other settings. I was beginning to think there are thousands of permutations of settings, and this may be a lost cause. However, I stumbled across the Low Level Playback settings and discovered if I turned on the Exclusive Access option, I got music! With that on it also opened an Integer Mode option. That’s the one that has to be off for music to flow. Now I will have to play with some of the other options to see if it can be tweaked. At least I now have Audirvana via USB playing on the SGCD! 

LG OLED 65E6P, Aperion (Verus II Grnd Towers/Center, Intimus 4B S/R surrounds, 4xL6-IC Ceiling), HSU STF-2 + VTF2 Mk5 subs, SVS Sub Isolation, Denon X4300H, PS Audio Stellar Gain Cell DAC/S300 Amp, PSA Detect Pwr Center, PSA AC3, AC5, Pangea AC 9SE MKII Signature Pwr Cables, AC Infinity Aircom S6+T8, Audio Technica AT LP1240USB TT w/ Nagaoka MP-150 Cart, Schiit Mani, Panasonic UB820 BR, Tivo Roamio OTA 1TB DVR, Apple TV 4K, Harmony Elite Remote

I'm sure you did this, but just in case...did you actually stop playback and not just pause it?  Playback must be fully stopped to make any changes.  Just a thought......

Yeah, that has tripped me up a couple of times too......